PDA

View Full Version : Caiman in Kent

FuriousD
15-06-2010, 07:42
Hi all,
I know that Stanley does a money back if you are not happy with it but i was wondering if anyone has a Caiman that has burned in that lives in or around Sittingbourne.

My initial though was the Caiman but then looked at the Lavry but keep coming back to the Caiman and would like to hear it in my system as a comparison to the Lavry. Alternatively if no-one is happy brining it to Sittingbourne i could visit them for a demo.
Cheers
D

DSJR
15-06-2010, 13:15
'Scuse me doing my butting in joke, bot do remember one thing (and hopefully Stan will back me up on this)..

The basic circuitry inside a modern DAC isn't that expensive and in the real world, I'm sure the Beresfords, MF V-DAC and DacMagic are incredible value for money. Even the Caiman doesn't cost hugely more with its tweaked componentry. I could be totally wrong, but a £500 DAC may be more to do with casework IMO. As for £2K+ DACs, well - SLURP for the most part.........

[edit] - could Stan send you a run-in Caiman on SOR?

technobear
17-06-2010, 21:02
I had a Lavry DA10 for a while. It failed to surpass the Transporter that was feeding it. I sold it.

I now have a Caiman (in fact I have two) and it does slightly outplay the Transporter.

My experiences with these devices are documented here or on the Wigwam and I'm too tired to write it all up again.

Surfice to say I am not planning to sell either of my Caimans.

FuriousD
17-06-2010, 21:06
I will do a search Chris, thanks. I will be connecting the Dac to an iMac in the first instance, probably using Airport express optical most of the time, the will move on to MacBook and Hiface.
D