PDA

View Full Version : New to the art of sound

Radioman
26-11-2019, 20:22
Good afternoon,

I am Stanley Siegel from Katonah, NY, not far from NYC.
I have taught for many years (law) at New York University.
A long-time high-end hi-fi person. Present system includes Nakamichi TX-1000 turntable, Graham arm, van den hul Black Beauty cartridge. Digital is Esoteric K-01XS and Moom Mind streamer. Amp is Levinson 585.5 and speakers Genesis 350se.

I listen to everything, but lean toward the classics. Large collection of LPs and CDs.

Good to be part of the forum!

Stanley

struth
26-11-2019, 20:33
Welcome aboard Stanley. Hope you enjoy the forum

Ali Tait
26-11-2019, 20:48
Hi and welcome. Some very nice kit you have there.

Barry
26-11-2019, 20:48
Welcome to AoS Stanley,

You have some fine audio gear there. I'm a bit of a Levinson and Van den Hul fan myself, but both are a generation or two before yours.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

walpurgis
27-11-2019, 07:59
Hello Stanley. Welcome to AOS.

You'll find this a friendly place and there's plenty going on, so just join in.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

southall-1998_mk2
27-11-2019, 09:10
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.

Radioman
28-11-2019, 00:32
Many thanks for your welcome notes. Glad to be here! I have been at this for 60 years, so I have owned and listened to a whole lot of good equipment.

I began with Fisher and Sherwood; remember those?

And with Levinson, I began with an ML-9, then on to ML-20A's, then on to the 380S/336 combo. Now down to one piece, the 585.5, which is very, very good. Glad to review it if anyone is interested.

And on analogue, I began with a Fairchild turntable, and on through SOTA and others. The Nakamichi is a classic, and old, but extraordinary.

I was for many years in reel-to-reel, but I decided finally to limit myself to LP and CD, as well as some streaming (for light listening).

I look forward to talking with all of you.

Best wishes, and Happy Thanksgiving, from New York

Stanley