PDA

View Full Version : Check on 2nd hand reseller : Converted Into Sound

joel_hifi
26-11-2019, 12:37
Hello,

I'm new to this Forum, apologies if I'm not posting under the right section!

Does anyone have experience dealing with Converted Into Sound based in Swindon?

www.convertedintosound.com

Many thanks for your input.

Best,
Joel

struth
26-11-2019, 12:43
moved.. p e is for sales only

joel_hifi
26-11-2019, 14:19
Thanks Grant, apologies for the wrong location, may I ask under which section it was moved? Thanks!

flapland
26-11-2019, 14:42
Nothing on a google search, lots of expensive kit and no address on the website I could find. I would leave well alone unless others know it to be sound.

antonio
26-11-2019, 14:49
Some items seem toooo cheap

hifi_dave
26-11-2019, 14:53
There was a similar thread a couple of weeks ago. Not sure if it was the same company/person ?

YNWaN
26-11-2019, 15:57
I would say it’s pretty obviously a con website. There are a number of suspicious qualities to the website - but the single most suspicious is that there are only a handful of dealers in the UK that can carry equipment like this and none of them have that range of speakers (all photographed in different settings too).

——-

I googled the copy for the Avalon Isis - the picture is not from the UK (you can see the mains sockets on the wall between the speakers) and the same picture and description is used on a number of foreign e
Websites - like here https://www.hifionline.cz/hifibazar/prodam/reproduktory/avalon-acoustics/isis-reference-speakers/

This is 100% certain a con.

George47
26-11-2019, 16:46
Sorry Con Artist. We had them on the Wam. The Stradivarius speaker's image is from a sold item on Choice Hifi. Do NOT waste any money. Wilson Alexias at £12,500 when the RRP is >£50K.

Spectral Morn
26-11-2019, 16:49
Maybe inform the police, internet fraud department

Moneypit
26-11-2019, 19:50
The website is appallingly cheap and clunky. It's been created via a diy website builder program ( wix.com) offering a potentially free service. Nothing wrong with that per se , but not in the context of hi-fi of this value.

struth
26-11-2019, 19:58
Thanks Grant, apologies for the wrong location, may I ask under which section it was moved? Thanks!It's in blank canvas.. As to sites like this if it seems too cheap to be true, then it probably is

Barry
26-11-2019, 20:05
It's in blank canvas.. As to sites like this if it seems too cheap to be true, then it probably is

Agreed.

I did look at a couple of items, and the asking price seemed to be realistic.

How did the OP think they were based in Swindon?

Alex_UK
26-11-2019, 21:05
Apart from the many other warning signs the only payment method listed is bank transfer... Leave well alone is my advice - totally dodgy.

Lawrence001
27-11-2019, 12:05
What a rubbish website and yes 99.99% site it's dodgy. Looks like someone's reserved a pair of Focals, hope that's not someone getting conned.

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

icehockeyboy
27-11-2019, 12:10
Interesting to note, seemingly all the reviews about the firm are from outside the UK, and the one that claims was from December 2019 is a bit iffy as we haven’t even reached December yet!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

joel_hifi
27-11-2019, 17:34
Thank you all for your valuable feedback!

I actually almost got conned! I did get in touch with them by posting a message through their contact box on their website, asking them clarifications about the Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution, they replied by email providing a serial number that seemed to match, with several pictures, and advising their selling price of £4300 inclusive of shipping. The price is aggressive but I've seen those trading on eBay close to that level so it didn't seem unrealistic. They were then very quick to accept my counter at £4000 and to send me an invoice with various unusual terms. That's when the whole thing started to look suspicious. I checked on Google Maps the business address that appears on their invoice and saw an abandoned warehouse in Swindon! So I sent back an email asking them for a copy of their certificate of incorporation, copy of recent utility bill and copy of the dealer's ID... and in the meantime I posted this message on AoS to check with other members... since then no reply from the con artists! Another point to note is that they provided a supposedly HSBC bank account number on their invoice but I'm not able to say whether the IBAN and SWIFT numbers corroborate.

Any suggestions on which authorities one should report this incident to ?

Thanks

struth
27-11-2019, 17:38
Call Action Fraud on 0300 123 2040