PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from Lake Geneva!

joel_hifi
26-11-2019, 12:02
I have been in this hobby for the past 15 years, which I discovered while living in Singapore (the Adelphi!), and since then I carried on my audio journey on the shores of Lake Geneva.

My main system evolved around Sonus Faber speakers. I started with the SF Cremona’s with various ARC, CJ, ML, VTL pre/power combinations, then I went thought several other amps from Accuphase, Ayon, McIntosh and T+A. I have now the SF Elipsa’s and settled with Nagra/Goldmund amplification (Swiss made!). I like in particular the Nagra/Goldmund pre/power synergy as it combines the good of both worlds, the speed/dynamics and detail of the Telos 280 with the air and richness of the Jazz, driving the Elipsa’s in an effortless musicality.

I also have a second rig with a Prima Luna integrated driving a pair of Harbeth monitors, that sounds pretty good too (and within a more reasonable budget!).

I listen mostly to Classical, Jazz and World Music. I discover a lot of new music through Qobuz and Tidal streaming services and when I enjoy a particular artist or album I try to buy it on vinyl, my way to conciliate the new and the old. I also managed to find a beautiful Studer A-807 but I still have to find some RTR recordings that don’t cost the price of the Studer itself!

Still learning every day so comments and suggestions welcome!

Enjoy your audio path and the music beautifully reproduced.

Best,
Joel

Music Room:

Digital source: Auralic Altair
Analog sources: Transrotor Zet-1/TR-800S/Benz Glider SL (MC), Clearaudio Concept Performance DC/Clarify/Virtuoso V2 (MM), Studer A-807
Phono amps: Benz Micro PP1 Lukaschek (MC), Heed Quesar with Q-PSU (MM)
Preamps: Goldmund Mimesis 27.8, Nagra Jazz
Power amp: Goldmund Telos 280
Speakers: Sonus Faber Elipsa SE Red
Heaphones/amp: Burson Conductor Virtuoso V2, Audeze LCD-2
Cables: Transparent MusicWave Ultra speaker cables and various AudioQuest, Cardas and Kimber interconnect cables
Racks: Solidsteel
Acoustics: GIK panels

Library:

Digital sources: Auralic Aries, Simaudio Moon 100D
Integrated amp: PrimaLuna Dialogue Two
Speakers: Harbeth 30.1 35th Anniversary
Stands: Music Tools
Cables: Vovox Textura

struth
26-11-2019, 12:32
Welcome to AoS Joel. Nice spot to live, Lake Geneva. was there for a while myself.. Very pretty.Anyway I hope u enjoy the forum

joel_hifi
26-11-2019, 14:17
Pretty nice spot indeed! Thanks for the welcoming, looking forward :)

southall-1998_mk2
26-11-2019, 18:09
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.

montesquieu
26-11-2019, 19:35
Hi there, welcome to AoS.

Top guy not so far from you, Marcello Hamam in Lausanne, https://audioleman.ch/ - has some great stuff.

mightymonoped
26-11-2019, 19:57
Welcome to AOS!

By strange coincidence, my sister became a Swiss Citizen (and Genevoise) today! She’s been there for 40 years. [emoji4]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191126/6c46bf48c96bbf3a9d387f247b663cc7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

montesquieu
26-11-2019, 20:18
Welcome to AOS!

By strange coincidence, my sister became a Swiss Citizen (and Genevoise) today! She’s been there for 40 years. [emoji4]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20191126/6c46bf48c96bbf3a9d387f247b663cc7.jpg

I hope she's not the one with the beard?

mightymonoped
26-11-2019, 20:54
[emoji23] There were 300 of them, all having to swear allegiance one by one.

montesquieu
26-11-2019, 21:07
I have a Swiss colleague whose Scottish wife went through it recently (German-speaking Canton near St Gallen). It's quite a tough process by all accounts and seemingly people do 'fail' for all sort of reasons.

Having said that the process for citizenship here is pretty bizarre as I found out when my wife went through it. Most of the questions are a mix of politically correct baggage-laden nonsense, with a parallel and seemingly unrelated dose of learn-by-rote pub quiz material, rather than anything that could useful for daily life. Her two masters degrees and PhD, all studied in English, or her (at the time) 15 years worth of living, studying and working here were of little practical benefit.

struth
26-11-2019, 22:32
It's a bit like the driving test.. Pointless but suits beaurocrats etc.

walpurgis
27-11-2019, 08:06
Hello Joel. Welcome to AOS.

Join in and get to know the members. It's a friendly place and there's a lot going on.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

joel_hifi
27-11-2019, 16:51
Thanks all for your friendly welcoming!

montesquieu - I'll pay Audioleman a visit soon, I see that they carry the Miyajima cartridges :) thanks!

mightymonoped - congratulations to your sister! please let me know if you visit Geneva

Goeff - will do!