PDA

View Full Version : Hi Fi Collector/user

majex45
23-11-2019, 21:36
Hi,
I have just discovered this forum.
I am a long time hi fi user and lately a hi fi collector. This is because I now refuse to sell anything! I still have my B&W DM1s that I bought second hand in 1973, and I use them most days.
I use Marantz, Audiolab and (latest acquisition) Spendor products as well as Denon, Sony and other items.
I HAVE sold (to my eternal regret) a Leak valve amp, RCA and Phillips ex-cinema amplifiers, Phillips speakers, Connoiseur turntable, SME arm and Shure pickup along with my hundred plus vinyl LPs.
None of my Hi-Fi have I bought new (except a now defunct JVC tuner) it is all second hand.
Thank you for letting me join.

majex45
23-11-2019, 21:53
2nd go...
Cables: I use all sorts.
Speaker cables are mainly home made using all three cores of 2.5mm mains flexible cable (this gives a cable of 7.5mm square - it will handle more than 60 amps with ease).
I also use QED, Linn and Monster.
I like Linn interconnects. I used QED four wire plus screen and they were horrible, until I realised I should have them the other way around! Doh! The arrow is there for a reason.
I used Belkin and they were SO bright , both ways round.
Mains cable is as supplied by the manufacturer but I use 2.5mm cable for any extension/distribution blocks.

southall-1998_mk2
23-11-2019, 22:00
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.

Barry
23-11-2019, 22:15
Welcome to AoS Peter,

We have a few people here who like to make up their own cables. :)

Without wishing to open an old wound of regret, what were the models of the RCA and Philips cinema amplifiers?

Oh - and what are your tastes in music?

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

walpurgis
24-11-2019, 08:28
Hello Peter. Welcome to AOS.

Sounds like you have your cables sorted. We each have different ideas on that it seems.

Connoisseur turntables are an aquired taste for some. I like them. Which did you have and sell on?

Join in the chat, it's a friendly place and there's plenty going on.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.