PDA

View Full Version : How do you clean your Technics

colinB
09-06-2010, 21:40
Whats the suggested wisdom on cleaning a 1210? Mine is looking mucky but dont know if solvents are a no no. Ive also got a bit of dust stuck to my sound hi fi mat and im not sure sellotape woud be a good idea.

The Grand Wazoo
09-06-2010, 22:09
Hehehe...........are your records begining to contaminate your turntable, me ol' mucker? That'll soon be a thing of the past!

colinB
09-06-2010, 22:12
Im going to the local dj shop to get hinges and a new cover next.
And a white coat and latex gloves.

REM
10-06-2010, 06:48
The Herbie's mat can be rinsed with clean water and allowed to dry off, no problem.
A damp cloth can also work wonders on the deck.....;)

Cheers

Gdg
10-06-2010, 07:04
It's a long time (let's say 20 years or more) I'm using a simple home cleaner, like "Ajax Crystal Clean": http://www.colgate.it/products/householdcare/ajax_window.shtml

You'll not find this exact product in UK, but you should find something similar from other brands. Important thing to keep in mind it has to be based on "ammonia", and if it has no dye at all (just water colour), much better.
Coupled with a plain, good quality, supermarket microfiber cloth, I clean everything, included the SoundHiFi mat.
No stains, no dust, no fingerprints & no statics on my appliances and accessories.

HTH

colinB
10-06-2010, 16:50
Perfect, thanks everyone.