PDA

View Full Version : Thank you.....

adventuresinhifiaudio.com
08-06-2010, 18:06
Hi Guys

As many will be aware I launched an online magazine a few months ago and I promised early on that it's appearance and functionality would change fairly quickly to be more magazine like :doh: famous last words as it has taken a tad longer to arrive at a more or less complete article.

Well that day has arrived today and I want to thank those who provided help, encouragement and support during this process.

Firstly thank you to Marco and all behind the scenes here at AOS for their support, help and encouragement re Strokes of Genius, where AIHFA had it's origins. Nick (beechwoods) who had some very helpful suggestions right at the start..thank you.

Secondly for Barry Hunt and Chris Bennett (The Grand Wazoo) for their feed-back and creative suggestions as well as their active involvement as contributors.

I also want to thank those in the trade who have given the new guy on the block a bite at the apple...you guys know who you are, so here's a big thank you to you all.

....and finally but probably more importantly, I want to thank F8creates who have made my dream become a reality. So to Greg, Joe and Hamish (yes our very own Hamish Gill) thank you gentlemen for turning my desires into reality.

If this reads like a going away statement it's not, so don't panic. I Wanted things to be completed for the most part before giving this long overdue public recognition to those who have been involved, some more than others but all have been of help. So thank you one and all :cool: and I hope you will all enjoy reading AIHFA :) in the present and in the future.

So here is the all new Adventures in High Fidelity Audio... http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com/

Regards Neil

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 18:26
cheers neil... you should have your new more appropriate avatar in your email inbox btw :)

retro
08-06-2010, 18:29
Neil,I wanted to tell you few day ago that the web page looks very,very elegant.
Congratulations to you and all helpers :cool::cool:

I already have sent it to several addresses in Croatia.
Regards,

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 18:29
and, yeah, cheers to all for the feedback as neil went along, it helped me get the design of the site a bit more functional and readable without getting those wierd lines in your vision from staring at the white on black text for too long :)

08-06-2010, 18:37
Neil,I wanted to tell you few day ago that the web page looks very,very elegant.
Congratulations to you and all helpers :cool::cool:

I already have sent it to several addresses in Croatia.
Regards,

Thank you Robert :)

Regards Neil

08-06-2010, 18:40
and, yeah, cheers to all for the feedback as neil went along, it helped me get the design of the site a bit more functional and readable without getting those wierd lines in your vision from staring at the white on black text for too long :)

As much as I liked the white on black text, it is really a bit of a no-no, so I opted to change it for those who find it a problem :)

Thanks again Hamish for all your help over the last few months.:cool::)

Regards Neil

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 18:43
No problems! Glad your pleased with it matey

retro
08-06-2010, 18:45
It would be nice to have visitor counter :)

Beechwoods
08-06-2010, 18:48
Well done Neil, it's your baby and you've made it happen! You should be very proud http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/smilies/highfive.gif

08-06-2010, 18:57
It would be nice to have visitor counter :)

Well the readership is global, with regulars from America, Canada, Greece, Croatia ;), Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Ireland, Africa, UK etc and its in four figures which is pretty good for being so new.

Regards Neil

08-06-2010, 18:58
Well done Neil, it's your baby and you've made it happen! You should be very proud http://i560.photobucket.com/albums/ss49/aos_images/smilies/highfive.gif

Thanks Nick for your early comments when I mooted the idea originally :cool:

Regards Neil

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 19:10
Well done Neil.
World domination is within your grasp mate!

(Just sent you an email re. the layout)

leo
08-06-2010, 19:26
Coming on real nice, Well done! :respect:

08-06-2010, 19:34
Coming on real nice, Well done! :respect:

Thanks Leo

Regards Neil

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 19:40
Well done Neil.
World domination is within your grasp mate!

(Just sent you an email re. the layout)

which version of internet explorer are you using chris...do you have chrome or firefox.. if so can you just see if it does the same in that...
it works fine in whatever version of IE 6 that we tested it in... im guesing you have version 8?

Marco
08-06-2010, 19:48
Hi Neil,

Firstly thank you to Marco and all behind the scenes here at AOS for their support, help and encouragement re Strokes of Genius, where AIHFA had it's origins.

No worries - you're very welcome, and I'm glad things are going well. Here's to AIHFA's continued (even greater) success in the future! :cool:

Btw, is there any reason why the information tabs on your homepage are currently overlapping and obscuring the name of your site?

At least that's how it looks on my screen............ :scratch:

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 19:52
im on it!... are you running ie 8 marco?

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 19:54
has that fixed it?

Marco
08-06-2010, 19:57
Hi Hamish,

No, AOL version 9VR. I've just checked on IE, and it looks fine, so it must be an AOL thing, which isn't at all unusual! :rolleyes:

However, the problem I'm having will be the same for all other AOL users viewing Neil's site.....

Is there any way the template can be standardised to look the same no matter what browser you're using? :)

Marco.

Marco
08-06-2010, 19:58
has that fixed it?

No, not if I use AOL......

Marco.

Barry
08-06-2010, 19:58
Well done Neil.

You are to be congratulated. Adventures in Hi Fi Audio is shaping up to be a very well polished and interesting e-zine.

A four figure readership - that's a great result. Looks like I'll have to be even more careful about typos and errant commas. ;)

Again well done.

Regards

08-06-2010, 20:01
Well done Neil.

You are to be congratulated. Adventures in Hi Fi Audio is shaping up to be a very well polished and interesting e-zine.

A four figure readership - that's a great result. Looks like I'll have to be even more careful about typos and errant commas. ;)

Again well done.

Regards

Thank you Barry :)

Regards Neil

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:02
aol... bah... we didnt test that....
no really marco all the browsers do thier own thing to a certain extent... il fix it... and if i cant greg will

08-06-2010, 20:03
Hi Neil,

No worries - you're very welcome, and I'm glad things are going well. Here's to AIHFA's continued (even greater) success in the future! :cool:

Btw, is there any reason why the information tabs on your homepage are currently overlapping and obscuring the name of your site?

At least that's how it looks on my screen............ :scratch:

Marco.

There seems to a slight technical issue.....:doh: These things are to be expected and my guys at F8creates will sort it :)

Thanks for all the support :cool:

Regards Neil

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:04
how about now?

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:05
yeah, cheers for the help... this sort of thing is very usefull.... should be fixed now though i think

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:05
.... nearly

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 20:06
Hamish, I'm on IE7 - it's actually a little worse now!
Fine with Mozilla

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:12
... ok gimmi a sec

Marco
08-06-2010, 20:16
how about now?

Still not right on AOL, dude.....

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:22
now?

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 20:28
now?

A bit better but still way off what I'm getting with Mozilla

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:28
would you do me another screen shot... i cant get it to do it

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 20:31
PM Hamish

Marco
08-06-2010, 20:39
now?

Nope, still the same on AOL.......

Marco.

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 20:43
it make no sence... and i cant get ie 7 on this computer for some reason.... i have told greg... he will look at it as soon as he can .....

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 20:45
I'm seeing pretty much exactly half of the letters now Hamish (still the top half)

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 20:52
I just checked a laptop running ie8 - that looks good.

Barry
08-06-2010, 20:53
Must confess I don't know what you guys are talking about. Computers never were my strong suit.

All my www/internet stuff is "Internet Explorer provided by Dell". I use Microsoft Visio and to date everything has worked well .

All I've noticed is that the text has been changed from white on a black background to (an easier to read) black on a pale grey background.

Regards

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 20:56
Barry,
On the versions of internet software that Marco & I are running the menu buttons at the top of the page are obscuring part of the title banner making it unreadable.

Marco
08-06-2010, 20:59
That's exactly it, Chris! However on IE, it's fine :)

Marco.

aquapiranha
08-06-2010, 21:06
No problems here (Firefox)

John
08-06-2010, 21:07
Well done and just keep going for it

SteveW
08-06-2010, 21:08
Yeah, just my two-penny worth.. all is fine on Firefox on a mac. Also very good on Safari on an ipod touch !! Actually on the ipod its good because the width of the text area fits the screen well.

The Grand Wazoo
08-06-2010, 21:09
Looks like it's just me & Marco who're the trouble makers then!

Marco
08-06-2010, 21:12
Lol - only if I use AOL.

Thing is, if the AOS banner can be viewed perfectly by everyone, no matter what browser is used, then the same can be achieved with Neil's..... Surely?

Marco.

08-06-2010, 21:12
Well done and just keep going for it

Thanks John :)

That's the plan....

Regards Neil

08-06-2010, 21:14
Yeah, just my two-penny worth.. all is fine on Firefox on a mac. Also very good on Safari on an ipod touch !! Actually on the ipod its good because the width of the text area fits the screen well.

That's good Steve, as we want to be read everywhere and on all current and future tech :)

Regards Neil

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 21:15
bloody typical... stop using crappy browsers i say ;)

unfortunatly i cant fix it tonight... its out of my level of skills, greg will fix it in the am... soz for the incovenience neil... dont worry though, we will sort it asap!

(bloody ie7... bloody microsoft...)

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 21:21
Lol - only if I use AOL.

Thing is, if the AOS banner can be viewed perfectly by everyone, no matter what browser is used, then the same can be achieved with Neil's..... Surely?

Marco.

thats correct... sometimes these things need a little tinkering with to get them to work on everything.
we always test our sites on all the versions of browsers we have available, greg even has different versions of ie on different computers for just this eventuallity ...
today we tested in safari, chrome, firefox, ie6 and ie8
aol is probably based on ie7 and it seems, as it was the only browser we didnt test it in, its the one it doesnt work in.... sods law!

greg has ie7 on his laptop and will fix it tomorrow morning

Alex_UK
08-06-2010, 21:21
I use Chrome (my current favourite browser) and all looks fine, as does Firefox 3.6.3, and IE 8.

Congrats Neil, you are no doubt very proud of your achievement, good luck with it.

The Vinyl Adventure
08-06-2010, 21:23
if anyone notices anything else that irks them or doesnt work in thier browser feel free to email me on info@f8creates.com

aquapiranha
08-06-2010, 21:28
Niel, did you do the site yourself? it looks fab! sorry I couldn't make it last week btw, Loz had taken the week off and her daughter was off school too so ended up doing the 'family' thing. On the upside though, there is a very good chance I will be there permanently in October! and you will never be rid of me salivating over that AMR CD! - Steve

08-06-2010, 21:34
I use Chrome (my current favourite browser) and all looks fine, as does Firefox 3.6.3, and IE 8.

Congrats Neil, you are no doubt very proud of your achievement, good luck with it.

Thanks Alex

Its onwards and upwards.

Regards Neil

08-06-2010, 21:41
Niel, did you do the site yourself? it looks fab! sorry I couldn't make it last week btw, Loz had taken the week off and her daughter was off school too so ended up doing the 'family' thing. On the upside though, there is a very good chance I will be there permanently in October! and you will never be rid of me salivating over that AMR CD! - Steve

Hi Steve

Not to worry, these things happen. It will be great to get to know you better.

The content, photos etc are me the site template was put together by Hamish and Greg of F8creates.

Regards Neil

Joe
08-06-2010, 22:23
Looking good in Safari, just to complete the set of browsers!

The Grand Wazoo
09-06-2010, 17:15
Neil, Hamish, this is just to confirm that it's working fine for me now.

The Vinyl Adventure
09-06-2010, 17:18
Ta mate, I phoned Greg to fix it, he told me he would ring me back when it was done, he rang me back within about 5 minutes... He mostly be cleverer than me!

Marco
09-06-2010, 17:18
Neil, Hamish, this is just to confirm that it's working fine for me now.

And me.... Sorted! :cool:

Marco.

anthonyTD
09-06-2010, 17:30
well done neil,
sorry,,,been away for a bit.
will check it out properly as soon as.:)
regards,anthony,TD...

colinB
09-06-2010, 19:08
Good luck with the magazine. Loving the album reviews.

The Vinyl Adventure
09-06-2010, 19:18
Yeah I bought 3 CDs off the back of your reviews neil!

09-06-2010, 19:28
well done neil,
sorry,,,been away for a bit.
will check it out properly as soon as.:)
regards,anthony,TD...

Thanks Anthony :)

Regards Neil

09-06-2010, 19:29
Good luck with the magazine. Loving the album reviews.

Thank you Colin :)

I share doing the music reviews with Barry and Chris, so thanks must go to them as well.

Regards Neil

09-06-2010, 19:30
Yeah I bought 3 CDs off the back of your reviews neil!

That's good :)

Regards Neil