PDA

View Full Version : Screen Burn

tapid
09-10-2019, 16:49
So, hoping to buy a bigger screen tv in the not too distant future, around 50, maybe 55 if its an Oled. But having read about screen burn with Oleds, thats put some doubt in my
mind with this format ?. Anyone own one or have any thoughts on these tv s.?. Thanks for looking.

struth
09-10-2019, 16:54
it will typically depend on your viewing habits. it can usually be avoided easily enough

Macca
09-10-2019, 17:55
If you play video games that have set icons or sections on the screen for hours and hours at a time it can happen, A friend did it to his six grand Pioneer by playing World Of Warcraft. Big circle in the top left hand corner of the screen. But he got rid of it, think he used some sort of DVD.

icehockeyboy
09-10-2019, 18:09
So, hoping to buy a bigger screen tv in the not too distant future, around 50, maybe 55 if its an Oled. But having read about screen burn with Oleds, thats put some doubt in my
mind with this format ?. Anyone own one or have any thoughts on these tv s.?. Thanks for looking.

Reminds me of when Plasmas were in their infancy, and cost £4000 for a 43” one!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

tapid
09-10-2019, 18:19
If you play video games that have set icons or sections on the screen for hours and hours at a time it can happen, A friend did it to his six grand Pioneer by playing World Of Warcraft. Big circle in the top left hand corner of the screen. But he got rid of it, think he used some sort of DVD.
He must have been gutted. My main watching would be sports, news prog s, dramas and other bits n bobs.

Macca
09-10-2019, 18:50
He must have been gutted. My main watching would be sports, news prog s, dramas and other bits n bobs.

Yes he was, seeing as it cost him six grand. But he did sort it out.

I can't see you'd have any issue if you were not using it as a computer monitor. The only thing that stays on the screen long enough on normal telly are the station idents. So make sure you change channel every 4 hours or so to be on the safe side and you should be fine.

tapid
09-10-2019, 19:20
Great info Martin, many thanks. See what comes up for Black Friday or Christmas etc