PDA

View Full Version : Visit to Radford Revival

Firebottle
26-09-2019, 19:17
Well today was a special day. Being in Cornwall early for another event I arranged to call in at Radford Revival and I am pleased that I did.

It was a little difficult to find, as they are rather tucked away in the middle of nowhere, but the welcome couldn't have been warmer.
Now here's my bad for thinking that Steve and Will were brothers (Steve looks nothing like his true age) when in actual fact it is father and son.

There is a third member of the family with four legs, namely Billy the cross Serval cat. What a magnificent animal with superb marbleing to his coat.

The talk rapidly got on to valve amplifiers, quelle supris, with a tour of the workshop and particularly the prototype 100W valve monoblock.
Now this is one amazing design, any output valve including EL34 and all the KT series can be used without any adjustment for biasing. It is completely automatic and exceedingly accurate, the first real plug and play 100W valve amplifier.

Will played some music through it and the grip and control of the speaker was astounding.
I have complimented Will on his expertise and professional approach to design before, but to see it in the flesh is most gratifying.
These monoblocks should be available towards the end of the year or early next year and are going to turn the expectation of a valve power amplifier on its head. Super low distortion performance and virtually indestructible.
Hats off to Radford Revival for continuing the fabulous reputation of Radford with even more improved performance.

A very enjoyable 2 hours were spent in great company, thanks again to Steve and Will for the invitation.
:cool:

Bigman80
26-09-2019, 19:19
Oooh, nice place to visit. I'll keep that in mind when I'm in Cornwall next

Edward
26-09-2019, 19:30
Yes Steve and Will are super friendly hosts. I visited a couple of years ago and like you finding the house proved a challenge. :eyebrows:

I'm waiting with bated breath on the new amp. Your positive view on it Alan makes me even more impatient.

Nice speakers huh? :)

Radford Revival
26-09-2019, 19:54
:D

Glad a good time was had by all, it was great to meet you both and nice to put some faces to names. You are welcome any time!

Naively I thought the mono blocs would be ready early this year but it's easy to wildly underestimate these things. They are definitely coming along and as you heard, definitely a working concept ;)

Ali Tait
26-09-2019, 20:28
Is there any idea of cost for this new amp?

Wakefield Turntables
26-09-2019, 20:49
I got told £5K a pair when I spoke to will.

Ali Tait
27-09-2019, 11:34
Ok thanks.

Marco
28-09-2019, 14:47
:worthless:

:ner:

Did no-one get their camera out and take some pics of the gear listened to? Come on, guys, these threads are 'sponsored by Kodak'!;)

Anyway, I'm glad you enjoyed your get together and reported on it:)

Marco.

Ali Tait
28-09-2019, 16:10
Yeah good point, gerrem up!

Firebottle
28-09-2019, 16:32
Sorry folks but didn't take any photos of the prototype, don't want to be giving away any clues/secrets to the design.
Anyway we all know what a well sorted Radford looks like :D