PDA

View Full Version : Hello

flapland
05-06-2010, 18:02
Hi

Just joined to see what it's like on here.

Currently getting into vinyl having but my first decent TT a Creek Wyndsor TT with RB300 and currently a Ortofon 2m red. Already been bitten my the upgrade bug and just installed another new members Technoweight bought from prestonchopfryer via ebad. Hello prestonchipfryer funny how paths cross.

What else can I say, work in IT for a well known institution in SW1, recently taken up running and walking to and from work but still like the odd beer and pie. Recommend walking to work as I have managed to loose 6 stone from the 20 stone I was last year.

Flapland

Marco
05-06-2010, 18:09
Hi "Flapland",

Welcome to AOS! :)

What's your first name and where are you from? :cool:

Marco.

Spectral Morn
05-06-2010, 18:31
Nice TT The Creek Wyndsor .

Welcome to AOS

What's the rest of your system, what kind of music do you like?

Enjoy the forum and have fun.

Regards D S D L

flapland
05-06-2010, 18:33
Hi Marco

First name is Paul and originally from Oldham but now live up North....London.

A bit more info on my setup. It's all been bought via eBay, forums and fellow audio fans on other forums. I have moved in the past 18m from a surround setup with a Proceed AVP Processor, ADA multiple channel amp, Merdian 206 and a mixture of B&W, Monitor Audio and PMC speakers. First I sold the surround speakers and ADA power amp and bought a MC2 T500 to drive the PMCs and used the Proceed in bypass mode and had a nice little system.

Then came 2010 and I made a deal with a wammer for a pair of Adam Audio Active Compact Classics and sod the PMC TB1s. Next in came a Stello DP200 pre/dac and matching Cdt200 transport and out went the Proceed and a Dacmagic. Then recently got into vinyl big time with a good deal on a Creek wyndsor tt with rb300 and Ortofon 2m red.

That is it for a while except I think a moving coil cartidge as the stello has a great phono stage and is very adjustable.

Must go mow as I need to turnover Abbey Road and think about putting another 12inch in the oven.. pizza of course not vinyl.

I must read through the forum and see what you have Marco have as well as others.

Flapland

The Grand Wazoo
06-06-2010, 00:03
Hi Flappy.......sorry, Paul.
Welcome to the Art of Sound. So you like the Beatles and pizza, anything else?

flapland
06-06-2010, 08:39
Hi Chris

Music wise very catholic tastes, this weekend I have listened to Bowie, Miles Davies, early Roxy Music, Spirtualized, Titus Andronicus and late Talk Talk amongst others on a mixture of vinyl and CD's.

As mentioned early taken up power walking/running to loose weight and stay trimmer to reasonable success. Holidays/travel I like to go to more obscure locations although cheap euro-city breaks are also good euro allowing which its not at the moment. In the last few years I have done Argentina(Highly Recommended), Japan*2(ditto, wish I have been into vinyl at the time as I would picked up a cartridge or three) and China also recommended and also very cheap if you a clever. All of these have been with the other half and independent travelling not packages.

Also into railways including the occasional trip behind steam on the mainline. Last trip was to Chester in and out of Euston pulled by A1 Tornado for those interested. Apparently first steam locomotive that had been allowed into Euston in 40 years.

I think that enough verbal for now.

Flapland.