PDA

View Full Version : little feat practical hi-fi nimbus super cut

prestonchipfryer
05-06-2010, 17:50
I have a Practical H-Fi Nimbus pressing of Little Feats Don't Fail Me Now. Does anyone know is this is worth anything or should I just keep it? :)

Rare Bird
05-06-2010, 18:00
I have a Practical H-Fi Nimbus pressing of Little Feats Don't Fail Me Now. Does anyone know is this is worth anything or should I just keep it? :)

http://www.zerogain.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16958

Get in touch

prestonchipfryer
05-06-2010, 18:47
Hi Andre. Are you interested then? I would like similar Joan Armatrading.

Rare Bird
05-06-2010, 19:10
Hi Andre. Are you interested then? I would like similar Joan Armatrading.

Hi
I meant get intouch with the guy wanting it on that forum..Na no vinyl for me..

DSJR
05-06-2010, 19:39
I have the HIFP Nimbus recut Joan Armatrading LP and it's tons better than most A&M cuts. In fact, it sounds like the CD! Take that as you will, but it's true and I've compared them both at the time, with the Mentor and more recently with the Dual-OC9, which needed me to change back to the Croft :)

I never bought the Little Feat recut, but have the CD. Good band of their time with some stories to tell..

prestonchipfryer
06-06-2010, 12:54
Yeah! Know what you mean. I also have Supertramp, Crime of the Century on A&M Audiophile Series which I guess was bought by me in 1978/79. This pressing sounds much better than the standard one of the same era. Good, eh?

darkstar078
15-07-2010, 10:57
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lamerie/74384465/

I like to mention Mobily Fidelity reissues of the first 3 Little Feat albums both on vinyl and CD. Superb sound quality from the original master recordings. Check out MoFi [back] catalogue for great music, like Linda Ronstadt.

Lowell George's solo album "Thanks I'll Eat It Here" still sounds fresh and is a good sample of his great musician- and writership, listen to songs like Himmler's Ring, Find A River, 20 Million Things, Easy Money or Heartache and you get my drift.