PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Bluesound Node 2i

mikeyb
24-09-2019, 07:17
No longer required

carruthersesq
24-09-2019, 14:15
Hi Mike
there was a brand new one (reduced price) on Pinkfish recently, not sure if it sold.

mikeyb
24-09-2019, 14:38
Hi Mike
there was a brand new one (reduced price) on Pinkfish recently, not sure if it sold.It was sold [emoji106]

WESTLOWER
24-09-2019, 15:21
Hi,

Fancy trying one of these of anyone wants to get rid of one, must be the 'i' version.

[emoji3526]

For what my opinion is worth, I had one of these a couple of years ago.
Good for a minimal Faff, one box solution to streaming

But....

SQ wise a half decent DAC leaves it wanting.
I think a good system will reveal it's limitations.

mikeyb
24-09-2019, 15:37
For what my opinion is worth, I had one of these a couple of years ago.
Good for a minimal Faff, one box solution to streaming

But....

SQ wise a half decent DAC leaves it wanting.
I think a good system will reveal it's limitations.

aye, the more I read up today the more I don't think I'll bother :lol:

topmetom
24-09-2019, 20:18
Can i ask why? What will you go for? I was considering a node

Cycleallday
24-09-2019, 20:52
I’ve had the first model of the node since it was launched and prefer it to some of the over priced pi based boards which seem to be flavour of the month here.

Don’t be put off get a trial of one and decide for yourself and Mike I suggest you do the same and compare the whole usability aspect against your pi based setup.

That said I have many pi and dacs and do like them for casual listening and “playing” with.

mikeyb
24-09-2019, 21:04
Can i ask why? What will you go for? I was considering a nodeJust thinking now that with the quality of the rest of my system it'll be a step down so I'm going to drop the idea for now. I'll stick with my Pi/Boss setup.

bronzeage
25-09-2019, 07:48
My experience, as a current node 2i owner, is that as a streamer, it is superb, very easy to use, the app runs on pretty much everything. I certainly prefer it to any PC based option, both functionally, and in sound quality (into the same dac).

However, if you are going to use the inbuilt dac, I would say probably not up to the standard of what people on these parts are expecting. Nothing bad as such, but just not as engaging as a decent outboard dac.

mikeyb
25-09-2019, 07:57
My experience, as a current node 2i owner, is that as a streamer, it is superb, very easy to use, the app runs on pretty much everything. I certainly prefer it to any PC based option, both functionally, and in sound quality (into the same dac).

However, if you are going to use the inbuilt dac, I would say probably not up to the standard of what people on these parts are expecting. Nothing bad as such, but just not as engaging as a decent outboard dac.Thanks for the info.

I'm no longer in the market for one, OP edited.

Edward
25-09-2019, 18:12
I also considered getting a Bluesound Node 2i, mainly to be able to try out Amazon HD so as to replace Roon/Tidal. Idea was to use digital out of the Bluesound to an external DAC (thus skipping the Bluesound internal DAC). But at £499 too rich an experiment.

Idlewithnodrive
25-09-2019, 21:41
I was also thinking of the Bluesound but I'll now look elsewhere.