PDA

View Full Version : FS: Edingdale floorstanding Speakers, cherry finish.

Gazjam
01-09-2019, 21:10
Had these about 5 years from new, these are the original Mk 1 versions purchased directly from Colin Topps, the designer.
These speakers were designed with the input of the DIY hifi guys over on the Audio Talk forum, very clever technical bunch over there and many of the guys there were involved in developing it.
Has a ribbon tweeter with an L-Pad which lets you dial in the treble to suit your room.
A rock solid, deep tight bass and room filling soundstage, the Eddingdales are very special sounding speakers.
Cost me £1500 new, commercial for this sound quality you'd be looking 8K, and I'm not just saying that.

In cherry finish, they sit on black spiked plinths.
In great condition, much loved and well looked after.
Some very minor small cracks in the the veneer from the wood settling over time, can't really be seen and actually add character to the wood!
Annoyingly, which just happened when I was moving the Eddie's out the listening room, theres a tiny ding in the veneer at the rear top lhs corner.
Again, cant really be seen unless your looking for it...and its at the top back corner of the speaker so can't be seen.

These are very big, heavy speakers so a nightmare to ship, so collection preferred from Near Glasgow.

I'm looking for £850 for these.
Thanks.

Demo of the speakers to give you an idea what they are all about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swgAERJeLdg

And the Speakers from the listening chair...
(excuse the hairy knee...it was Summer!)
https://i.imgur.com/naL10qf.jpg

vinylspinner
01-09-2019, 21:18
Very nice speakers, Gary. Still loving mine. A great speaker for the asking price.

Lawrence001
01-09-2019, 23:44
Is Summer a lady friend of yours then Gary? I had heard the Glasgow ladies aren't so big on shaving [emoji38]

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

brian2957
02-09-2019, 07:30
Hah ... love it Lawrence :lol: They've been known to batter anyone who says things like that to them mate :D

Seriously though , I've heard these speakers many times at Gary's place and they're outstanding in every way .

If I had the room I would have bought these without hesitation .

GLWTS mate , never thought I would see the day these would be up for sale , especially at this price :)

struth
02-09-2019, 07:46
put that hairy chicken away gary ;) My fav speakers.. the big "E"'s... someone will grab these fast, if they have any sense... Alas not going to be me.. Ive heard these with a little T amp making amazing music

.. GLWS

Bigman80
02-09-2019, 07:58
What are the dimensions?

Stratmangler
02-09-2019, 08:30
I never thought I'd see the day, Gary.
Wot's coming in?

Ali Tait
02-09-2019, 09:05
Impulse H2’s. :-)

Gazjam
02-09-2019, 11:15
What are the dimensions?

Can get dimensions Oliver when I'm home from work today.

Gazjam
02-09-2019, 11:18
I never thought I'd see the day, Gary.
Wot's coming in?

Aye, I know. :eek:

There's some synergy magic going on with Nick's SET amp and the H2's, heard it at Ali's and my jaw dropped.
Every now and again some bits of kit just work brilliantly together.

Hadn't intended to change my speakers, not at all, but when I head the H2's with the SET amp we both were surprised.

Ali Tait
02-09-2019, 11:53
Yes, a special pairing those two, just sounds right.

Gazjam
02-09-2019, 17:00
Few peeps have asked about the Eddingdales dimensions, and they are:

240mm Wide
430mm Deep
1130mm High

Bigman80
02-09-2019, 17:30
Few peeps have asked about the Eddingdales dimensions, and they are:

240mm Wide
430mm Deep
1130mm HighI was hoping theyd be too big for my room so I could live happily knowing they wouldn't fit.

GLWS, Gaz.

Gazjam
02-09-2019, 17:47
I was hoping theyd be too big for my room so I could live happily knowing they wouldn't fit.

GLWS, Gaz.

They are big beasties...
:D

Easier to accommodate than their size might imply though.
Front ported, so can be used hard up against the wall with no issue.

Bigman80
02-09-2019, 17:54
They are big beasties...
:D

Easier to accommodate than their size might imply though.
Front ported, so can be used hard up against the wall with no issue.I knew these would be up for sale but I hoped around after Christmas time. Alas, it's far too soon for me but I'd snap them up if I could.

struth
02-09-2019, 17:56
Yup, a few months and you'll have competition [emoji23]

Bigman80
02-09-2019, 17:57
Yup, a few months and you'll have competition [emoji23]Haha, well, after hearing your day to day amplifier, I'd probably let you buy these then harass you for your telefunkens lol

Gazjam
02-09-2019, 18:09
Some more pictures
https://i.imgur.com/Ox1Hw7S.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/2fegOTL.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/y0j6Iro.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/rVJDWd1.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IeEG0rc.jpg

Gazjam
02-09-2019, 19:12
Maybe worth mentioning that these have the crossover upgrades by Colin and are fitted with the larger inductors, a big step up from the original crossover.

Lawrence001
03-09-2019, 00:39
Hah ... love it Lawrence [emoji38] They've been known to batter anyone who says things like that to them mate :D

Seriously though , I've heard these speakers many times at Gary's place and they're outstanding in every way .

If I had the room I would have bought these without hesitation .

GLWTS mate , never thought I would see the day these would be up for sale , especially at this price :)Battered? Like a deep fried Mars bar?? Don't like the sound of that [emoji1]

Seriously, I've heard great things about these speakers, supposed to punch well above their weight, and always wanted to hear a pair myself, GLWS

Sent from my POT-LX1 using Tapatalk

Gazjam
06-09-2019, 16:05
Provisionally sold, subject to payment and all the usual.

da2222
06-09-2019, 21:08
Hi Gaz

is it just the angle of the pic or are these speakers aligned toed out the way??!! Also, what on earth:-) are you going to replace them with?

mikeyb
06-09-2019, 21:36
Hi Gaz

is it just the angle of the pic or are these speakers aligned toed out the way??!! Also, what on earth:-) are you going to replace them with?Impulse H2's [emoji6]

Gazjam
07-09-2019, 09:35
Hi Drew,

it’s just the perspective of the photo, the Eddie’s were facing straight out from the wall, no tow in.
Replacing them with a minty set of Impulse H2’s.

Some audio sorcery going on when drives by my 300B SET power amp.
The pair’s a bit special sounding and work better in my own room than where I was first wowed by them.

Hi Gaz

is it just the angle of the pic or are these speakers aligned toed out the way??!! Also, what on earth:-) are you going to replace them with?

struth
07-09-2019, 09:36
Provisionally sold, subject to payment and all the usual.

where is the tears emoticon :D

Macca
07-09-2019, 10:57
Some audio sorcery going on .

It's weird but I know what you mean. Sometimes stuff just clicks together and there's no explanation for it.

struth
07-09-2019, 11:05
not heard the eddys with Gary's valve amp but everything else he flung at them was terrific so the H2's must be special

Macca
07-09-2019, 11:10
The Eddys are very good speakers IMO and the H2 are not but sometimes certain combos just work and Gaz knows what he is doing/hearing.

Ali Tait
07-09-2019, 13:24
They are when suitably modded.

Jimbo
07-09-2019, 13:49
Hi Drew,

it’s just the perspective of the photo, the Eddie’s were facing straight out from the wall, no tow in.

The pair’s a bit special sounding and work better in my own room than where I was first wowed by them.

Does your Avatar signify that you are still committed to vinyl Gaz?:)

Stratmangler
07-09-2019, 13:56
Does your Avatar signify that you are still committed to vinyl Gaz?:)

He's flogging off his vinyl playback equipment.
Does that say anything?

struth
07-09-2019, 13:57
He's flogging off his vinyl playback equipment.
Does that say anything?

he was... not so sure now..

Stratmangler
07-09-2019, 14:01
he was... not so sure now..

I'll rephrase it then.
He may, or maybe not, be flogging off his vinyl replay equipment :D

Gazjam
07-09-2019, 14:40
They are when suitably modded.

Which they are. :-)

Gazjam
07-09-2019, 14:43
And with the H2’s in place, the vinyl sounds wonderful....
so not so sure anymore!

Selling the vinyl rig was to short-cut the waiting time to my (final?) upgrade to the digital side, probably happier now just to wait and save up as I’m enjoying vinyl again like I used to.

Yeah, it’s more of an investment in your time/ convenience etc, but when playing records sounds this good....

mikeyb
07-09-2019, 15:04
so not so sure anymore!I used to be indecisive too, but now? I'm not so sure [emoji6][emoji23]

brian2957
07-09-2019, 15:17
I used to be indecisive too, but now? I'm not so sure [emoji6][emoji23]

Or...I would if I could but I can't so I won't :D

Gazjam
07-09-2019, 15:37
Or...I would if I could but I can't so I won't https://theartofsound.net/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif

I still can!

https://i.makeagif.com/save-mp4/xfog66

da2222
07-09-2019, 17:54
Hi Drew,

Nice one Gaz. All the best with the new speakers:-)

Toppsy
07-09-2019, 19:53
Hi Gaz,

Hope you don't regret the selling of your cherished Edingdale speakers. NOTE there is and always has been just a single 'd' in the spelling i.e. EDINGDALE. But no matter. Hope the new speakers continue to delight and you enjoy them for many a year to come. Hope also they are going to a good new home to be cherished by there new owner.

In April I decided to fully retire Reiver Acoustic and shall not be building any more speakers. I have not posted on here for a long time as basically I was doing very little in the way of new speakers and hifi in general. Hence my decision to finally pack it all in. I am more than happy with my Edingdale GT speakers that have surpassed my expectations. They are simply the best ever Edingdale's Scott and me have designed. Period.

So having retired from hifi I have 2-pairs my old personal speakers going cheap. Should any one that has been following this thread and thought they might like to buy your old speakers I have a pair my personal Edingdale MKII speakers to sell for not a lot more than what you sold your old MKI's. These are finished in TAMO Ash veneer, which is a rather expensive real wood veneer. I also shall be selling my personal pair of Edingdale SR's. These are a upgraded version of the MKII and in their own right a stunning speaker and better the MKII's. These are finished in Oak veneer. They are a little more expensive but around half the price a brand new pair would have cost.

If the moderators do not object (and I am not breaking any the forum rules?) and not wishing to steal Gaza's thread, and the fact these are sales of my old personal (not previously for sale) speakers, anyone who is interested in buying or wants to know any further details on my old personal Edingdales please email me via the forum. I need to clear some room in the house for my new hobby and interest of radio control model airplanes.

Gaza mate don't sell your vinyl setup you'll only regret it once it's gone.

struth
07-09-2019, 19:57
Sounds like good deals.

Bigman80
07-09-2019, 19:58
Hi Gaz,

Hope you don't regret the selling of your cherished Edingdale speakers. NOTE there is and always has been just a single 'd' in the spelling i.e. EDINGDALE. But no matter. Hope the new speakers continue to delight and you enjoy them for many a year to come. Hope also they are going to a good new home to be cherished by there new owner.

In April I decided to fully retire Reiver Acoustic and shall not be building any more speakers. I have not posted on here for a long time as basically I was doing very little in the way of new speakers and hifi in general. Hence my decision to finally pack it all in. I am more than happy with my Edingdale GT speakers that have surpassed my expectations. They are simply the best ever Edingdale's Scott and me have designed. Period.

So having retired from hifi I have 2-pairs my old personal speakers going cheap. Should any one that has been following this thread and thought they might like to buy your old speakers I have a pair my personal Edingdale MKII speakers to sell for not a lot more than what you sold your old MKI's. These are finished in TAMO Ash veneer, which is a rather expensive real wood veneer. I also shall be selling my personal pair of Edingdale SR's. These are a upgraded version of the MKII and in their own right a stunning speaker and better the MKII's. These are finished in Oak veneer. They are a little more expensive but around half the price a brand new pair would have cost.

If the moderators do not object (and I am not breaking any the forum rules?) and not wishing to steal Gaza's thread, and the fact these are sales of my old personal (not previously for sale) speakers, anyone who is interested in buying or wants to know any further details on my old personal Edingdales please email me via the forum. I need to clear some room in the house for my new hobby and interest of radio control model airplanes.

Gaza mate don't sell your vinyl setup you'll only regret it once it's gone.Crikey!

I lusted after this pair and now there's only another 2 more pairs come up!

Good grief. I hope I land some money on the lotto.

Gazjam
07-09-2019, 20:06
Much respect Colin.
You built the best speakers I'd ever heard...My buying of the new...and selling of the old, was completely unexpected...
a product of taking Nick's SET amp to Ali's (I'd picked it up from Nick's and me old mucker Ali was only 40 mins away, so would be rude not to let him hear Nick's amp in his system!

Turned out the synergy Demon was lurking at his...
Never wanted, expected or even considered ever changing my Edingdales (correct spelling :)) but what Ali and I both heard was something unexpected.
Blame Nick! :)

You and I had a chat at Owsten about the latest version of the big E's, and they sounded mighty fine.
Tony (Wee Tee Cee here on AOS) loves his MK2's, and I've heard em myself...they are mighty!

No problem Colin with you speaking on my Sales thread, though hopefully people who previously said they'd buy my speakers wont be swayed...know what I mean?
Think you owe me a beer btw, I bought the last one at Owsten? :)

Hi Gaz,

Gaza mate don't sell your vinyl setup you'll only regret it once it's gone.

struth
07-09-2019, 20:19
Title sorted

Firebottle
08-09-2019, 06:39
Nice one Colin :thumbsup: Always good when other examples come up once an item in demand is sold.

Enjoy your extra leisure time and happy flying.

@Oli. Hmmm, quandary time again :cool:

Bigman80
08-09-2019, 06:43
Nice one Colin [emoji106] Always good when other examples come up once an item in demand is sold.

Enjoy your extra leisure time and happy flying.

@Oli. Hmmm, quandary time again :cool:Haha, yep.

Jimbo
08-09-2019, 06:55
so not so sure anymore!

Selling the vinyl rig was to short-cut the waiting time to my (final?) upgrade to the digital side, probably happier now just to wait and save up as I’m enjoying vinyl again like I used to.

Yeah, it’s more of an investment in your time/ convenience etc, but when playing records sounds this good....

HaHa, great Gaz, keeping spinning those discs you know how great they can sound. I am sure your digital rig now sounds superb and probably edges your vinyl but its still nice to listen to the analogue?:lol:

Stormin'Norman
08-09-2019, 13:40
Hope this is Ok to do this.
Colin you have pm

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Toppsy
08-09-2019, 13:47
Gaz,
you have a couple of emails from me sent via the forum. Can you please phone me on my mobile (number given in email correspondence) ASAP please.

Norman,
got your PM. Will respond to you once I have had a chance to chat with Gaz.
Regards
Colin

Stormin'Norman
08-09-2019, 17:18
No worries, flying back from Tenerife and flight just got delayed to Midnight !

Sent from my SM-G390F using Tapatalk

Gazjam
09-09-2019, 04:48
Gaz,
you have a couple of emails from me sent via the forum. Can you please phone me on my mobile (number given in email correspondence) ASAP please.

Norman,
got your PM. Will respond to you once I have had a chance to chat with Gaz.
Regards
Colin

Nothing received Colin.
Its ok, sell away.

Had a text from my potential buyer, who has been speaking with you about buying your Edingdale SRs.

Quote:
”Tried to phone for a chat as have done something bad.
Responded to Colin’s post on his speakers, particularly the SR’s.
I can have the SR’s which are oak and much closer.”

My own Edingdales now back up for Sale.

Bigman80
09-09-2019, 05:07
Nothing received Colin.
Its ok, sell away.

Had a text from my potential buyer, who has been speaking with you about buying your Edingdale SRs.

Quote:
”Tried to phone for a chat as have done something bad.
Responded to Colin’s post on his speakers, particularly the SR’s.
I can have the SR’s which are oak and much closer.”

My own Edingdales now back up for Sale.Oh, I suppose the opportunity of the SR couldn't be missed.

Daisy
09-09-2019, 07:39
I am the guilty person and fully accept this is very bad form and not something I normally do, especially to people on this forum and was so keen on Gary's and he is a top bloke , the main issue for me is the wife she isn't happy anyway and if I was to have speakers wanted oak ( after decorating, new carpets ,sofas and picking up oak sideboard on Saturday). I explained rare as hens teeth etc and following a lot of creeping she grudgingly accepted. Then Colin posted his post and I put everyone in a dilemma , not only letting Gary down but also putting Colin in a very awkward position as last thing he imagined happening he also has a lot of respect for Gary .
In my weak defence Colin's are oak , sr edingdales and logistically easier.
Sorry again
Simon

struth
09-09-2019, 07:47
if i sell my vinyl and rig i might be in with a chance then..:ner: sure they will be snapped up very soon.. and yep, gary is a gem..one in a googoplex;)

Gregje
09-09-2019, 08:45
I haven't heard any of these, but they seem to get stellar reviews from anybody who has heard them.

I like hi-efficiency speakers. I run my humble made Troels' C17s which are pretty damn good I can only Collin's speakers will have even nicer low end (more membrane area, less excursion, less distortion).

You guys seem to be all in the North. What are the chances/cost of getting any of these to London?

Gazjam
09-09-2019, 11:09
No worries Simon, all good mate.

I am the guilty person and fully accept this is very bad form and not something I normally do, especially to people on this forum and was so keen on Gary's and he is a top bloke , the main issue for me is the wife she isn't happy anyway and if I was to have speakers wanted oak ( after decorating, new carpets ,sofas and picking up oak sideboard on Saturday). I explained rare as hens teeth etc and following a lot of creeping she grudgingly accepted. Then Colin posted his post and I put everyone in a dilemma , not only letting Gary down but also putting Colin in a very awkward position as last thing he imagined happening he also has a lot of respect for Gary .
In my weak defence Colin's are oak , sr edingdales and logistically easier.
Sorry again
Simon

Toppsy
09-09-2019, 15:50
I should mention that I have 1-pair the original MKI midbass drivers that are NOS and in their original box, should anyone considering buying Gaza's speakers and feel a reluctance to buy due to unavailable replacement drivers should the worst happens and a driver goes down or damaged. I will keep these spare drivers safe and in storage so any potential purchaser knows they are available. The pseudo ribbon tweeters are still available.

At the price Gaza is asking these speakers are a veritable bargain.

NOTE to moderators.
Any chance you can change my Monica to say simply 'member' since I am no longer a trader and still wish to remain a general non trading member of the forum.

Bigman80
09-09-2019, 16:17
I should mention that I have 1-pair the original MKI midbass drivers that are NOS and in their original box, should anyone considering buying Gaza's speakers and feel a reluctance to buy due to unavailable replacement drivers should the worst happens and a driver goes down or damaged. I will keep these spare drivers safe and in storage so any potential purchaser knows they are available. The pseudo ribbon tweeters are still available.

At the price Gaza is asking these speakers are a veritable bargain.

NOTE to moderators.
Any chance you can change my Monica to say simply 'member' since I am no longer a trader and still wish to remain a general non trading member of the forum.What's the difference between the Mk1 and MK2?

Toppsy
09-09-2019, 16:58
What's the difference between the Mk1 and MK2?

Different midbass drivers, later version of the pseudo ribbon tweeter, new OX, changed port tuning, cabinet redesign to accommodate slighter larger frame size of the new 6 1/2" midbase drivers. Want me to go on? Basically a totally redesigned speaker but to maintain to as best we could the sound and presence of the originals as possible.

Marco
09-09-2019, 16:58
INOTE to moderators.
Any chance you can change my Monica to say simply 'member' since I am no longer a trader and still wish to remain a general non trading member of the forum.

Done! Hope you're keeping well, Colin, and nice to see you here:)

Marco.

Bigman80
09-09-2019, 16:59
Different midbass drivers, later version of the pseudo ribbon tweeter, new OX, changed port tuning, cabinet redesign to accommodate slighter larger frame size of the new 6 1/2" midbase drivers. Want me to go on? Basically a totally redesigned speaker but to maintain to as best we could the sound and presence of the originals as possible.Oh, a fair bit then. I haven't read much about them other than the opinion pieces on AoS so wondered if it was a case of different drivers etc.

Thanks.

Daisy
09-09-2019, 22:31
Gary you are a star, Thankyou again and good luck with the sale.

brian2957
10-09-2019, 06:00
I've heard most versions of the Edingdales and the MK1s are the ones to have IMO . They're the original and best , and are very audibly superior to everything that followed . The buyer is making a big mistake here in my opinion . Gary's MK1s are in excellent condition , and have been offered here at a very good price :)

mikeyb
10-09-2019, 07:17
I've heard most versions of the Edingdales and the MK1s are the ones to have IMO . They're the original and best , and are very audibly superior to everything that followed . The buyer is making a big mistake here in my opinion . Gary's MK1s are in excellent condition , and have been offered here at a very good price :)If I didn't already have my Tannoys these would have definitely been on my radar. I know Tony (weeteecee) loves his pair and he has a good ear.

da2222
10-09-2019, 08:50
I've heard most versions of the Edingdales and the MK1s are the ones to have IMO . They're the original and best , and are very audibly superior to everything that followed . The buyer is making a big mistake here in my opinion . Gary's MK1s are in excellent condition , and have been offered here at a very good price :)

Very interesting indeed Brian. I haven't heard the other versions but will be sticking with my MK1s.

Jimbo
10-09-2019, 10:07

I can concour with you Brian having heard these speakers myself.

vinylspinner
10-09-2019, 19:23
I have a very early pair of mk1 Edingdales and I love them. The very last version, the GT is very good, only one set exist, these are Colin’s, if I recall correctly.

I would buy gazjam’s pair if I had the space, if only for spares.

Somebody really needs to snap these up, they don’t become available that often. I would be more than happy to help with any transportation issues if this helps any buyer.

Gregje
11-09-2019, 10:40
Any chance to listen to these anywhere closer to London?

Gazjam
11-09-2019, 15:57
Fraid not Amigo, Im up in Glasgow.
Fair question though.

Gazjam
11-09-2019, 15:58
Sale put on on hold for a short while...

Macca
11-09-2019, 16:54
Thinking of partnering them with the Impulse H2 apropos achieving surround sound?

VanDerGraaf
11-09-2019, 17:02

Gazjam
22-09-2019, 11:06
My Eddingdales back up for sale after coffee and contemplation.

Price reduction too, first and final one, down to £800.
Collection only from just outside Glasgow.

Grab a bargain folks whilst you can, call it a Christmas present to you and the Mrs.

These are the Mk1’s which a few folk on here have said we’re the best sounding, and having heard versions 2 and 3 can’t disagree.
I picked these up from new for £1500, they have the revised/improved crossover fitted.
They got it right with this one, it’s where all the effort went in initially, and didn’t just change due to drive unit unavailability.
* I think a couple of the OEM drive units are available from Colin Topps, the designer, if you need spares.

Superb sounding speakers, very fluent in all the usual hifi superlatives and punch way WAY above their weight.

Thanks.
Gaz.

Lawrence001
22-09-2019, 12:54
From the above it sounds like the buyer will benefit from Simon's decision to pull out and buy the inferior later model. That one was an attempt to get closer to the magic of the first version when the drivers became unobtanium.

Intenso
22-09-2019, 13:02
From the above it sounds like the buyer will benefit from Simon's decision to pull out and buy the inferior later model. That one was an attempt to get closer to the magic of the first version when the drivers became unobtanium.

Not sure where all this talk of the later model being inferior is coming from as it isn't.

I have heard the originals on many occasions and own the SRs.

The Mk 1's are great speakers as are the SRs.

They're both voiced slightly differently but essentially share the same sound signature.

I'd be happy with either...

GLWTS, I somehow have a feeling you may at some point regret selling them though and the buyer will have bagged a bargain...

Gazjam
22-09-2019, 13:45

Agreed.

All versions sound terrific though, and are way above imo anything commercial at the price.
Just my opinion of course. :)

Gazjam
24-09-2019, 04:55
https://d1xkhapf8f3lxw.cloudfront.net/api/images/Cardshop/1/product/MMN012-TS/4?productSizeId=28?subscription-key=b00894e69b9f499cb2beb782cf79e5be&w=430

Gazjam
06-10-2019, 11:35
Eddingdales still available folks.

struth
06-10-2019, 11:54
doh....thought these were long gone..:) someone please buy them

Gazjam
06-10-2019, 12:09
Nope, still here!

Had a confirmed buyer, but unfortunately was Gazumped, and a few “I‘ll offer 500 quid less than your asking price” type of shenanigans.
So yeah, still here. :)

struth
06-10-2019, 12:11
im still saving up .lol not sold my records yet

Gazjam
06-10-2019, 12:37
Your First dibbs Grant if and when you can, if they don’t sell.

struth
06-10-2019, 12:43
cheers... need to start my vinyl sale etc... im not using these days so would be best gone. shame as it sounds great but im not really stable all that often to use it.. digital all the time now

Gazjam
06-10-2019, 13:25
cheers... need to start my vinyl sale etc... im not using these days so would be best gone. shame as it sounds great but im not really stable all that often to use it.. digital all the time now

Kinda like me and my vinyl.
more so now with the dac upgrade...

Someone wants to buy, seriously tempted to sell.
Happy to let go of legacy thinking, all that matters is the choons...

Gazjam
09-10-2019, 11:36
Edingdales still for Sale.

Price reduction to £750.
Big heavy buggers, so collection from near Glasgow preferred.

Thanks.

Bigman80
09-10-2019, 13:26
Edingdales still for Sale.

Price reduction to £750.
Big heavy buggers, so collection from near Glasgow preferred.

Thanks.

Why haven't these sold? I mean, they look fantastic, get rave reviews, designed by proper HiFi people and by all accounts Gaz is a top banana!

Come on AoS'rs, treat yourself to a huge Crimbo special pressie!!

struth
09-10-2019, 13:35
need to sell mine and buy these maybe for a change... yup these are good speakers, and sure they will sell soon

Bigman80
09-10-2019, 14:21
need to sell mine and buy these maybe for a change... yup these are good speakers, and sure they will sell soon

Sell the Telefunkens????

PM me! lol

struth
09-10-2019, 15:17
Sell the Telefunkens????

PM me! lol

if ur interested let me know. not be advertising them for now as ive got the vinyl to do. also have smaller teles too and a spare driver.

Sorry Gaz.. back to ur sale mate..

Gazjam
09-10-2019, 17:18
if ur interested let me know. not be advertising them for now as ive got the vinyl to do. also have smaller teles too and a spare driver.

Sorry Gaz.. back to ur sale mate..

No worries Grant.
Good luck with the vinyl sale mate, know you have some absolute rarities and Must-Have's you've collected over the years. :thumbsup:

Don't sell yourself short with these!

struth
10-10-2019, 13:52
No worries Grant.
Good luck with the vinyl sale mate, know you have some absolute rarities and Must-Have's you've collected over the years. :thumbsup:

Don't sell yourself short with these!

sold a few so am closing in on the big E's :ner:

Gazjam
13-10-2019, 11:21
sold a few so am closing in on the big E's :ner:

Good stuff,
Big E’s still here buddy.

struth
13-10-2019, 11:40
just need a fair few more yet but maybe close to 2/3 there. might have hit a wall tho lol

calculate my postage costs at over 50 notes so far lol, and a few were swaps

Bigman80
13-10-2019, 12:21
just need a fair few more yet but maybe close to 2/3 there. might have hit a wall tho lol

calculate my postage costs at over 50 notes so far lol, and a few were swapsPay a deposit!!!

struth
13-10-2019, 12:22
Pay a deposit!!!

if i cant buy something then i cant have it..its my rule:)

Bigman80
13-10-2019, 12:24
if i cant buy something then i cant have it..its my rule:)Fair enough.

struth
17-10-2019, 08:37
getting closer:eyebrows:

Bigman80
17-10-2019, 08:44
getting closer:eyebrows:I'm willing it for you Grant.

philv
17-10-2019, 10:56
Crowd funding?
Praying for you Grant.

da2222
17-10-2019, 15:30
I simply cannot believe these are still available at what is a ridiculously low price. You'd need to spend 1000s to better these.

Pigmy Pony
17-10-2019, 18:59
I think we're all too busy rooting for Grant :)

ianlenco
17-10-2019, 20:25
Crowd funding?
Praying for you Grant.

Good idea. PM me your paypal email Grant and I'll make a contribution,

philv
18-10-2019, 14:15
Good idea. PM me your paypal email Grant and I'll make a contribution,

Ditto.

struth
18-10-2019, 14:18
think im about there folks.... or not far off anyway... think that was a nice thought tho :)

Its not the reason I am selling my collection, but it is a good use of some of it...Well all of it at moment lol

Bigman80
18-10-2019, 15:23
think im about there folks.... or not far off anyway... think that was a nice thought tho :)

Its not the reason I am selling my collection, but it is a good use of some of it...Well all of it at moment lolCome in Grant!! Get it done!!!

struth
19-10-2019, 11:20
gaz was going to phone but hasnt so maybe busy..

AJSki2fly
19-10-2019, 11:47

Don't forget you have some dosh to come from me!

Bigman80
19-10-2019, 11:48
gaz was going to phone but hasnt so maybe busy..Oh man, the suspense is a killer.

Come on Gaz!!

struth
19-10-2019, 11:59
Oh man, the suspense is a killer.

Come on Gaz!!

if it doesnt happen, then thats the way its supposed to be. was always my motto.:)

Bigman80
19-10-2019, 12:00
if it doesnt happen, then thats the way its supposed to be. was always my motto.:)I know mate, I'm of the same opinion but I hope it does

Gazjam
19-10-2019, 12:54
Sorry guys, been out in Edinburgh all day, still am, but caught up with the thread here.

Yup, the Eddingdales are Grants. :)
Happy they are going to a good home, (and a deserving owner)

Grant,
was going to phone you when I got home.

Short version:
I can bring them over to yours tommorow evening, when my Son finishes work.

All good Amigo.

Bigman80
19-10-2019, 13:03
Woo hoo!!!!!! Well done Grant.

This makes me happy.

AJSki2fly
19-10-2019, 13:20

Great news you are getting them, don't get too excited you might not sleep too well otherwise. :)

Gazjam
19-10-2019, 13:29
They ARE a little bit good these speakers....
Will sound great in Grants room.

struth
19-10-2019, 14:23
okeydokeyjokey:eyebrows:

struth
19-10-2019, 17:11
He phoned. I missed it [emoji23]

Then I fell going into kitchen doh

Now in bed yay

Bigman80
19-10-2019, 17:35
Be'jesus

Be careful!!

struth
19-10-2019, 18:52
Be'jesus

Be careful!!I bounced.. In bed [emoji23]
Speaks hopefully be here tomorrow night.

Gazjam
19-10-2019, 18:57
put that hairy chicken away gary ;) My fav speakers.. the big "E"'s... someone will grab these fast, if they have any sense... Alas not going to be me.. Ive heard these with a little T amp making amazing music

.. GLWS

Whats that you say? :)

karma67
19-10-2019, 18:58
well done grant,congratulations!
:cool:

struth
19-10-2019, 19:04
Thanks
Nice cabs if nothing else lol.
No, I've heard them often and always sounded great.

This falling is reason I'm getting rid of records. If had one in hand it would have got scratched.
I like my stuff to be immaculate. So digital it has to be.

Bigman80
20-10-2019, 09:24
It's the BIG day!!!

Looking forward to some great pictures of these.

Pictures of the back too please. I like the rear lol

struth
20-10-2019, 10:11
latest ive been up for a decade..lol. just a bit sore:eek: pics, oh i dont know.. is there a site u can recommend ??;)

Bigman80
20-10-2019, 10:19
latest ive been up for a decade..lol. just a bit sore:eek: pics, oh i dont know.. is there a site u can recommend ??;)Lol

Gazjam
20-10-2019, 16:44
Hi Grant,

Just to confirm I’ll be bringing up the speakers tonight around 7.
Return your Powe Inspired Regen unit as well when I’m over, thanks for the loan.
https://i.imgur.com/kDxR5Rg.jpg

gaz.

struth
20-10-2019, 16:51
got a cake for you ... a fairy cake :lol: neighbour baked some

Bigman80
20-10-2019, 16:56
Hi Grant,

Just to confirm I’ll be bringing up the speakers tonight around 7.
Return your Powe Inspired Regen unit as well when I’m over, thanks for the loan.
https://i.imgur.com/kDxR5Rg.jpg

gaz.Tasty

philv
20-10-2019, 17:18
Lovely speakers....hope you enjoy.

struth
20-10-2019, 21:22
Dare I say... Sold. Lol

Alfonzo
21-10-2019, 07:23
Look forward to hearing a review of your new acquisition Grant:cool:

struth
21-10-2019, 07:34
Look forward to hearing a review of your new acquisition Grant:cool:

here it is... their great :D

cheers Alf..

Alfonzo
21-10-2019, 07:56
Nice one - short and sweet :lol:

VanDerGraaf
21-10-2019, 19:08
Been following this saga, very pleased to see that you acquired these in the end Grant!

Of course everyone will be waiting for your expert review...:)

struth
22-10-2019, 14:19
Been following this saga, very pleased to see that you acquired these in the end Grant!

I might do one later, although i doubt it will be expert. Just listening to grievous angel from gram parsons on vinyl as i rip it. fairly low level sound but it just jumps out at you and fills the room, even though its fairly quiet. The music is all there, and its everywhere. Toppsy(Colin) and friend knows his onions:carrot:

Alfonzo
22-10-2019, 14:48
Great to hear they are floating your boat Grant :)

Gazjam
22-10-2019, 17:44

I know I am! :)

“The music is all there, and its everywhere”
Succinctly put Grant.

Yup, that’s the Edingdale effect right there.
In fact...everywhere.

Pigmy Pony
22-10-2019, 19:47
here it is... their great :D

cheers Alf..

Bit too wordy for me - got as far as the three dots, I'll read the rest later

Gazjam
22-10-2019, 21:02
Bit too wordy for me - got as far as the three dots, I'll read the rest later

Your my new best friend. :)