PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dylan - Blu-Spec CD2

bbbiker800
01-09-2019, 10:00
Hopefully this is in the right place ....

So, I picked up a copy of Blood on the Tracks by Dylan. Cleaned on a RCM and it looks Mint. However, side 1 plays great but side 2 has lots of clicks and pops - so many I can't play it again. Now the RCM is being fixed but I don't think another clean will sort it.

I'd like a super expensive a Mofi replacement but can't afford that and I'd rather not get another ordinary copy - used/new.

But I've seen a remastered Blu-Spec CD2 version (Japanese) version that some say its better than a normal CD.

Question is does anyone have this version or do you have advise about Blu-Spec CD2 in general ?

ta.

Richard

struth
01-09-2019, 10:16
IVE the normal cd. sounds ok to me

montesquieu
01-09-2019, 10:29
Hopefully this is in the right place ....

So, I picked up a copy of Blood on the Tracks by Dylan. Cleaned on a RCM and it looks Mint. However, side 1 plays great but side 2 has lots of clicks and pops - so many I can't play it again. Now the RCM is being fixed but I don't think another clean will sort it.

I'd like a super expensive a Mofi replacement but can't afford that and I'd rather not get another ordinary copy - used/new.

But I've seen a remastered Blu-Spec CD2 version (Japanese) version that some say its better than a normal CD.

Question is does anyone have this version or do you have advise about Blu-Spec CD2 in general ?

ta.

Richard

Give it a shot on an ultrasonic - I've cleaned stuff with the Degritter that I though was hopeless with the old Moth and even with my Loricraft PRC6. Doesn't always fix things sometimes it's the pressing but that's usually artefacts like 'zzzsts', most pops can be got out and most clicks as well even if it takes a couple of passes. I would say that the Degritter handles the last 10% of difficult stuff you can't get to on a Loricraft.