PDA

View Full Version : Hello

jegal
06-08-2019, 19:28
My name is Jorge, I have had different kind of gear during my life but I decided 4 years ago to go back to basics. Currently I have a Rega Planar 3, Marantz PM7005, Carver TFM-6CB, Marantz CD6005, Bluesound Node 2i, Ascend speakers Sierra 2, SVS sb 1000 subwoofer, and for my dining romm Definive speakers and sw. I listen to all kind of music and love almost everything but rap.

After presenting my self I would like to hear some comments regarding my concern about my new Rega Planar 3 which I bought about three weeks ago and I set it up with a Tangospinner subplatter and an Ortofon 2M Red cartridge that I had in my old RP1 where sounded very rounded, pleasant and nice. I’m very pleased with the P3 mainly with the clarity and definition that I get in all solo instruments or jazz trios, but when it comes to a passage full of sound or when I have Etta James or Plácido Domingo singing loud, I feel a harsh not so pleasant sound, mainly in mid range frequencies. I don't know if the Red is not performing as it used to do in the RP1 where it had a warm and rounded sound or do I have to fit a different cart in the Planar 3.

I’ll appreciate all comments and suggestions.

YNWaN
06-08-2019, 20:28
Try reducing the arms bias as the RB300 mechanism applies too much. If you haven’t already done so check the tracking force with a balance scales (perfectly adequate digital ones can be had very cheaply from eBay).

walpurgis
06-08-2019, 22:16
Hello Jorge. Welcome to AOS.

If you want opinions on your turntable, I'd suggest starting a thread in our Analogue Arts section, I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies.

Feel free join join in the general chat and get to know everybody, it's a friendly place.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

Pigmy Pony
07-08-2019, 15:25
Welcome to AOS Jorge from Colombia, the country that gave us Sofia Vergara. Thank you for that :)

Barry
07-08-2019, 16:46
Welcome to AoS Jorge.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Alex_UK
07-08-2019, 19:32
Welcome to AoS - hope you enjoy the forum,

Spectral Morn
12-08-2019, 10:40
Welcome to AoS

orchardaudio