PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Technics SP10 plinth

Jazid
04-08-2019, 17:12
Anyone got an unused plinth for one of these gathering dust that they'd care to part with? Please PM offers :)

SAP7
04-08-2019, 18:40
I retained the oak one on this link

Due to a new technics with the factory plinth, this is now available again

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?64637-Two-Technics-SP10-plinths-(SP10s-and-arm-for-sale-too)&highlight=Oak+plinth

Lurch
05-08-2019, 13:05
wizmax on the wam has an original Obsidian plinth he is looking to move on, though he's not put it in the classifieds yet.
I only found out today whilst at his for a brew and chat.

RobbieGong
05-08-2019, 14:16
Hi James,

I've looked at the SP10 on and off for years and it is clearly a great / special turntable.

However, You may or may not know that it is widely acknowledged to be very much affected / influenced by the plinth it is sited in.

As such I'd recommend you do as much research as you can.

There's literally reams of info, opinion and experience online from forums, owners etc.

I've read and researched the topic loads myself.
You want to get the best out of a deck of this calibre.

The Obsidian wasnt a cheap Technics option for the SP10, either way reviewers didnt exactly find it to be perfect or best option as a platform for displaying the SP10's strengths in terms of sonics.

Many have either gone slate, concrete, a mix of materials or various different woods including panzerholz.

I would recommend you read as much as you can online and even ask here.

It'll help inform your decision for the best IMO :)

Bigman80
05-08-2019, 16:49
Hi James,

I've looked at the SP10 on and off for years and it is clearly a great / special turntable.

However, You may or may not know that it is widely acknowledged to be very much affected / influenced by the plinth it is sited in.

As such I'd recommend you do as much research as you can.

There's literally reams of info, opinion and experience online from forums, owners etc.

I've read and researched the topic loads myself.
You want to get the best out of a deck of this calibre.

The Obsidian wasnt a cheap Technics option for the SP10, either way reviewers didnt exactly find it to be perfect or best option as a platform for displaying the SP10's strengths in terms of sonics.

Many have either gone slate, concrete, a mix of materials or various different woods including panzerholz.

I would recommend you read as much as you can online and even ask here.

It'll help inform your decision for the best IMO :)Panzerholtz is a superb choice. I have a 20mm panzer plinth on mine and there is nothing I'd rather have.

SO much so, there is 32mm panzer plinth on the way.

RobbieGong
05-08-2019, 17:59
Have to agree Ollie... :)

Idlewithnodrive
06-08-2019, 20:40
25 Kg of slate works very well here :D

RobbieGong
06-08-2019, 23:39
25 Kg of slate works very well here :D

Calls for a pic please Mike :D