PDA

View Full Version : Look what the Caiman dragged in...

Comsat
30-05-2010, 15:19
Hello there,

I've just posted my first message (http://theartofsound.net/forum/showpost.php?p=126203&postcount=12) and it's high time I introduced myself in compliance with the etiquette of The Art of Sound.

My name is Jelte, 45 years old, from Delft in the Netherlands.

I came to The Art of Sound at the advice of Stanley Beresford, after I had told him that my new Caiman did not bring me as far into audio Nirvana as I had expected (see link above).

I have been reading many threads before I decided to register. I'm not a technician, but I love technology. I'm not a musician either, but I love music.

I would classify my equipment as mid-fi, currently consisting of Cyrus Discmaster 8 QX, Cyrus PreXvs, UCD DIY (not by me) mono blocks and ALR Jordan Take 6 loudspeakers. Everything bought used. My main source at the moment is a PC serving flacs through JRiver Mediacenter to the Caiman DAC.

My taste in music is what I would call broad and narrow at the same time, ranging from classical to rock but being quite specific as to what I do and don't like.

I was brought up with post-punk in the eighties, as some may deduct from my nickname (yes, Comsat Angels).

Hope to learn a lot from you all, and to share some useful experiences!

Cheers :cool:

Comsat

Themis
30-05-2010, 16:08
Hi Jelte, welcome to the AoS forums. :)

Spectral Morn
30-05-2010, 16:49
Hi Jelte

Welcome to AOS.

Enjoy yourself and have fun.

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK
02-06-2010, 18:39
Welcome, Comsat. I too came here because of the Caiman but AoS is far more than a load of Beresford "fanboys" - so get stuck in to some threads and enjoy! Ask away any questions - a wealth of experience (and opinions!) is here to help you.