PDA

View Full Version : Radford STA25 vs. Croft 7

IHP
19-07-2019, 16:49
Not by any means a planned comparison, but I looked at the weather forecast for next week and the Radford mini heater is having a break in the back of the wardrobe !

As soon as I turned the system on with the 7 plugged in all was so fresh and vibrant. Currently playing a Blue Note record, astonishing. I paid £435 for this power amp and am currently enjoying it as much as the beautiful Radford. The vintage iron is joyous to own and certainly won't lose value, but in listening terms is not essential. I'm keeping it obviously, that room does get cool come Winter !

Wakefield Turntables
19-07-2019, 17:25
Have you try tried Croft Pre with Radford power? Or, even, Radford pre and Croft Power? Plonk it through some Tannoys and you've got a keeper!

IHP
19-07-2019, 18:27
Have you try tried Croft Pre with Radford power? Or, even, Radford pre and Croft Power? Plonk it through some Tannoys and you've got a keeper!

I must fill in my system thingy bit. I run the 25R and it's heaven. Had it a number of years now and it will be with me to my last day ! Alas, my 12 x 12 foot room won't house Tannoys.