PDA

View Full Version : WANTED - Tall Hifi Rack

RobbieGong
06-07-2019, 22:27
Anybody have a tall rack they'd like to move on ?

I'm after something about 4ft tall approx

Top shelf 2ft wide and around 53cm deep

Shout me a pm.....

yolakim
07-07-2019, 19:06
I have a Soundstyle XS105 rack in silver with silver/blue glass shelves you can have if you can collect. It's in very good condition - though I'm sure you'd find some marks if you look closely. It's even boxed.

Also the 3 shelf AV version in similar finish if that's any interest.

hornucopia
09-07-2019, 15:33
Have a 6 tier solid metal tube rack in Bristol, if you're ever this way. exact details if needed......26381
Terrible pic attached!

RobbieGong
10-07-2019, 12:21
Hi Chris,

although Bristol would be v difficult for me, do you have better pics by any chance ?

The Wailers Zippo Catch A fire caught my eye - I have a lovely original of that one too :)

nonuffin
10-07-2019, 14:28
Anybody have a tall rack they'd like to move on ?

I'm after something about 4ft tall approx

Top shelf 2ft wide and around 53cm deep

Shout me a pm.....

I did an internet search last night for a rack with those measurements but I couldn't find any thing close in stock form.

Perhaps you could contact Hi Fi Racks to see if they will build one for you.

I have a 7 shelf rack which is 40 inches high, 2 ft wide, but only 40 cm deep. It has 10mm smoked glass shelves and threaded rods for the uprights and it weighs a ton. Would like to downsize but need to find a replacement first.

Pigmy Pony
10-07-2019, 17:03
I did an internet search last night for a rack with those measurements but I couldn't find any thing close in stock form.

I have a 7 shelf rack which is 40 inches high, 2 ft wide, but only 40 cm deep. It has 10mm smoked glass shelves and threaded rods for the uprights and it weighs a ton. Would like to downsize but need to find a replacement first.

I too had a look around last night, and the max depth I could find was about 47cm. Although if I was buying one, and the shelves were glass I would have a glazing supplier make me a top shelf to the required depth (and they can even bevel the edges, although the cost would end up about £80). Still, if you only need the top shelf to be deeper that could be an option.

Just occurred to me, that for similar money the top shelf could probably be made from granite, in a choice of colours and thicknesses. That might be quite cool :)

RobbieGong
10-07-2019, 18:56

Yeah thanks guys.

Coincidentally, I had actually been toying with the idea of going Hi-Fi Racks to my own dimensions, which I'd really like to do.

However and as with most things, down to funds and I'm running out of things to sell :scratch: :rolleyes:

Lawrence001
13-07-2019, 09:20
Let me measure mine when I get home, worth a try.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk