PDA

View Full Version : Stranger things?

stairpost
05-07-2019, 18:38
Hi all,

Has anybody watched Stranger things? Is it any good? I read a lot on the net about how good it is, but I don't actually know anyone that has seen it. It looks like a kids show to me.

I tried watching the first episode a while ago but was quite distracted and didn't really see much of it, I'm not sure if it's worth giving it another try.

Regards

Rich.

Primalsea
05-07-2019, 19:26
I thought it was good. I enjoyed the 1st series more but my daughter said she thought the 2nd was better. Certainly worth giving it a go at least.

Bigman80
05-07-2019, 20:26
Ye I like it. Don't take it too seriously and enjoy the 80's nostalgia. Pretty decent but thought series 1 was better than 2.

3 is pretty good so far.

stairpost
05-07-2019, 21:49
Sounds like it's worth giving it a proper try.

Cheers :)

alphaGT
06-07-2019, 05:22
I found the first season to be very good! Kept my attention the whole time, a truly different story. Well directed and the acting was top notch, and great acting for the under aged actors especially!

I enjoyed the second season too, it was also well done, but was somewhat of a continuation of the first season, after you see the first season, you’ll want to see the second.

Russell

rigger67
06-07-2019, 06:57
It's great fun :)

It has the enigmatic lure of Lost, the retro charm of The Goonies, a touch of the X-Files, a smidge of The Breakfast Club and a magnificent soundtrack.
And Wynona.
And the girl who plays "11" is going to be a monumental actress in a few years - hers is one hell of a performance.

I don't know if anyone ever skips the title sequence but I always let it play through.
If you've got a good sub it will help with that bit ;)

Spectral Morn
06-07-2019, 09:36
Hi all,

Has anybody watched Stranger things? Is it any good? I read a lot on the net about how good it is, but I don't actually know anyone that has seen it. It looks like a kids show to me.

I tried watching the first episode a while ago but was quite distracted and didn't really see much of it, I'm not sure if it's worth giving it another try.

Regards

Rich.

Yes, fabulous and Season 3 has just been released :D

stairpost
06-07-2019, 13:53
I'm a few episodes in and I'm really enjoying it. That's my weekend sorted.

Thanks to you all for the recommendation.

stairpost
06-07-2019, 13:56
It's great fun :)

I don't know if anyone ever skips the title sequence but I always let it play through.

No sub here, I'm watching it on a tablet, but I do have a Sony Bluetooth speaker for when I want to ramp it up :lol:

Alex_UK
06-07-2019, 21:50
Well, needed a new box set so looks like this is it. :) Only watched the first one, but definitely see the Goonies reference Paul.

alphaGT
07-07-2019, 06:26
Yes, fabulous and Season 3 has just been released :D

Season 3? That’s awful! I just broke up with my girlfriend who has the Netflix account!! Bad timing I guess?

Russell

Opti-cal
07-07-2019, 07:24

- Tangerine Dream I think. Excellent stuff all round. Not many things around as good as Stranger Things. Spot on with the nostalgia too but script and acting are top notch also.

rigger67
07-07-2019, 11:01
Three episodes into Season 3 now and it's better than ever.

The storyline has grown up with the central characters, and it's beautifully paced.
Certain players in the plot who were peripheral last series have now been thrust front and centre and the "threat" seems a lot more real, not only from the aliens or whatever they are but from elsewhere on earth.

The music's as bang on as ever. Weird Al Yankovich was playing in one scene, I think - his version of My Sharona ? Never heard it before but I'm pretty sure it was him :D

Bigman80
07-07-2019, 11:08
Season 3? That’s awful! I just broke up with my girlfriend who has the Netflix account!! Bad timing I guess?

RussellTake her back for a couple of weeks.

mikeyb
07-07-2019, 11:22
Did she log you out [emoji6][emoji23]

thingfish
07-07-2019, 11:33
I tried, but not my cup o Tea.

Wanna great series try "Fargo" (series 4 now filming)

I also look forward to the new Netflix series "What we do in the Shadows"

Oh and if you ain't seen old school "The Mighty Boosh" then your missing oot.
(PS....it even features a funny Moon) !!!
(And a main character that actually likes Jazz) !!!

alphaGT
07-07-2019, 17:08
Did she log you out [emoji6][emoji23]

Actually, her ex husband was paying for the account, and he stopped paying several months ago, so no going back there. So I need to find a new girlfriend with a Netflix account!

I can see it now, online dating, “Wanted: Mature Female, must have Netflix account.”.

Russell

stairpost
07-07-2019, 19:51
Well, I've watched seasons 1&2 and thoroughly enjoyed both (apart from the clichéd punk gang). I began watching season 3, but think it may be a bit of an overdose as I found myself starting to lose interest. So I shall save that for another time to enjoy it properly.

It all had a feel of what it would be like if John Hughes made horror films.

mikeyb
07-07-2019, 19:56
I can see it now, online dating, “Wanted: Mature Female, must have Netflix account.”.

Russell

[emoji106][emoji23][emoji23]

Blackmass
11-07-2019, 13:37
Actually, her ex husband was paying for the account, and he stopped paying several months ago, so no going back there. So I need to find a new girlfriend with a Netflix account!

Russell

You can sign up to Netflix for a months free trial.

fatmarley
11-07-2019, 14:58
Stranger Things is excellent. Dark is also very good.

stairpost
11-07-2019, 17:05
Stranger Things is excellent. Dark is also very good.

I've heard Dark is good. Is it German? I'll pop it on my watch list I think.

fatmarley
12-07-2019, 18:13
Yes it's German but dubbed in English. My little brain did find it a bit confusing trying to work out who was who when they kept jumping back and forth in time, but I still thought it was very good.

alphaGT
12-07-2019, 18:38
You can sign up to Netflix for a months free trial.

I’ve also been “curious”, about checking out CuriosityStream, has anyone seen, or joined this online channel?

Russell

Spectral Morn
12-07-2019, 20:35
Season Three was fabulous.

Alex_UK
12-07-2019, 20:48
Nearly finished S1 of Stranger Things (had to re-watch 1-3 as the missus wasn't understanding it :rolleyes:) but it has been brilliant so far.

stairpost
13-07-2019, 20:09
Very odd, I didn't enjoy season 3 anywhere near as much as the first 2.

fatmarley
19-07-2019, 09:38
Just finished Season 3. Season 1 set the bar very high, but there were still some great scenes in it, like the bit where Dustin was forced to sing Never Ending Story - :lol: