PDA

View Full Version : Stolen dynaudio contour 20 and audio analogue amp from central audio

hifinutt
02-07-2019, 08:37
Some of you may know tony from central audio , unfortunately he has been the victim of theft and these items are now on ebay despite all efforts

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/392325357690

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dynaudio-Contour-20-Speakers-pair/392325357156?hash=item5b5869de64:g:H28AAOSwNVxdFRI A

https://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/threads/stolen-goods.229281/page-4#post-3704662

watch out for them

Pieoftheday
02-07-2019, 09:45
I've sent a message to the seller to ask if his items are nicked, no reply as yet! Perhaps everyone should bug him with messages

walpurgis
02-07-2019, 09:58
Surely the police have been notified? And the items reported at the websites they are listed on?

hifinutt
02-07-2019, 11:33
yes , but does not seem to make much difference !

Spectral Morn
02-07-2019, 11:59
Read the thread on Pink Fish, really shocked nothing is being done about this. Did the stolen Naim ever surface?

Alex_UK
02-07-2019, 12:00
Presumably the Naim is the one also stolen - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Naim-Xds-ssd-hdd-network-hard-disk-drive-music-server-player-cd-ripper/392325358012?hash=item5b5869e1bc:g:iD0AAOSw5wRdFSg D - I've reported all 3 as Fraudulent, not that it will likely do any good - no way to put in any comments but hopefully if enough people do it will get pulled again - until the next time! Bunch of scumbags. :steam:

Spectral Morn
02-07-2019, 12:06
Presumably the Naim is the one also stolen - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Naim-Xds-ssd-hdd-network-hard-disk-drive-music-server-player-cd-ripper/392325358012?hash=item5b5869e1bc:g:iD0AAOSw5wRdFSg D - I've reported all 3 as Fraudulent, not that it will likely do any good - no way to put in any comments but hopefully if enough people do it will get pulled again - until the next time! Bunch of scumbags. :steam:

I only looked at the links put up, not off the Ebay profile.

If no one is doing anything, could Sheriffs be involved, or do they need a court order?

Macca
02-07-2019, 12:06
Surely the police have been notified? And the items reported at the websites they are listed on?

The police have been notified some days ago, so presumably they will get round to it. There's really no point in doing anything else.

Mr. C
02-07-2019, 12:33
Having been the owner of a debt collection company, there is always something you can do, providing the complainant wishes to again involves expenses and drawn out court proceedings. Though usually the county court judges are more 'compliant' these days
Personally I would have taken a different coarse of action which may or may not involved bituminous liquids and or possibly (not) avian off casts :stalks:

The bottom line is sly pricks are out and about and are brazen enough not to worry whether you will or will not take any action other than insurance company claim(s)

mikeyb
02-07-2019, 12:46
The speakers have been relisted, unbelievable [emoji35]

Minstrel SE
02-07-2019, 13:48
Hang on

Why would anybody list stolen items on a website if they could be clearly cross referenced as stolen? Have they been stolen by the local village idiot.

If you see your goods, surely its a matter for the police

Pieoftheday
02-07-2019, 15:27
I've just had a reply from the ebay seller, he says ebay asked him to change some account detail and on PayPal and then the speakers and amps appeared on his selling account, he reckons he has no knowledge of the items:scratch:

Alex_UK
02-07-2019, 15:58
I've just had a reply from the ebay seller, he says ebay asked him to change some account detail and on PayPal and then the speakers and amps appeared on his selling account, he reckons he has no knowledge of the items:scratch:

It's possible - I once had a VW Golf for sale on eBay I knew nothing about! Whether it's plausible with the stolen kit is another question...

simon g
02-07-2019, 17:52

Quite possible he fell for a phishing scam. Ebay log in and PayPal payment details changed. Scammers delight.

Pigmy Pony
02-07-2019, 18:57
:steam: These scammers and internet arsewipes are running rings round us, but this really takes the piss. It's time the police took this more seriously and the courts to make an example of them :punch:

Marco
02-07-2019, 20:43
I would ask that everyone keep an eye out for the items in question in case they should appear here. If so, report it immediately to either myself or one of the mods and appropriate action will be taken.

Marco.

Central Audio
12-07-2020, 12:54
Only just picked up on this, thanks guys and for Phil for the OP, unfortunately the Police are simply not interested and Ebay aren’t either.

Filterlab
12-07-2020, 13:50
Only just picked up on this, thanks guys and for Phil for the OP, unfortunately the Police are simply not interested and Ebay aren’t either.

eBay just want their money. The police just want to catch speeding motorists.

Both f**kin useless.

Such is life. 🤨