PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Goodmans Axiom and Whiteley Bros 'Stentorian' full range drivers

Tweedle-Dee
25-05-2010, 17:46
Hi,

I have obtained some NOS Goodmans TwinAxiom and WB Stentorian units with the intention of building some Open Baffle DIY projects. Unfortunately I have only one unit of the following and I was wondering if any members out there might have a match to make a pair? This may be a longshot, but here goes:

Match sought for the following:

Goodmans Axiette 8, 15 Ohm
Goodmans TwinAxiette 8, 15 Ohm
Goodmand Power Ranger 10P, 15 Ohm
Whiteley Bros Stentorian HF912
Whiteley Bros Stentorian HF1016

I'd be delighted to hear from anyone with a spare unit of the above, or indeed any folk with experience of these vintage drivers and DIY projects.

Kind regards,
Tweedle-Dee

SPS
25-05-2010, 21:13
Hi,

I have obtained some NOS Goodmans TwinAxiom and WB Stentorian units with the intention of building some Open Baffle DIY projects. Unfortunately I have only one unit of the following and I was wondering if any members out there might have a match to make a pair? This may be a longshot, but here goes:

Match sought for the following:

Goodmans Axiette 8, 15 Ohm
Goodmans TwinAxiette 8, 15 Ohm
Goodmand Power Ranger 10P, 15 Ohm
Whiteley Bros Stentorian HF912
Whiteley Bros Stentorian HF1016

I'd be delighted to hear from anyone with a spare unit of the above, or indeed any folk with experience of these vintage drivers and DIY projects.

Kind regards,
Tweedle-Dee

Hi Tweedle-dee

i have quite a few vintage drivers but none of those listed...

i have most of the vintage wharfedale range,
a fair few goodmans drivers but all 12" or bigger, the nearest is a 12P,
a pair of celestion 12" twin cones,
and lots more..
all from my open baffle experiments... i started along the lines of Brigg's sand filled baffles and have progressed from there...

the axiette twin cones sound ok.. i've heard a pair in OB..

i would make up a mono baffle and try the bottom 3 from your list.. you will have an idea if your going the right way, try no crossover.. all full range.. just to start

bigger than normal drivers are required in my experence in open baffle,
a double layer of 18 mil chipboard is ideal for starters to mount them..

best of luck...

the sound will not be perfect.. but you may be suprised

cheers steve

mot
03-06-2010, 09:12
hello!
i have Goodmans Axiette 8 and TwinAxiette 8 drivers. welcom to PM.

Tweedle-Dee
04-06-2010, 19:27
Hi mot,
You have pm.

Cheers,
TD

Tweedle-Dee
18-06-2010, 17:39
Dear mot,

I'm sorry that I've not heard from you. If you still have the Goodmans drivers, please pm me.

Kind regards,
TD