Fu-k me :eek:

I must be getting old :doh:

Good song though :)

Firebottle
24-06-2019, 15:08
Yes that's the 'non radio' version :eek:

Barry
26-06-2019, 00:37
Oh dear - what a sheltered life you must have lead.

The words "fuck" or "motherfucker" have appeared in song lyrics for sometime now. I could cite numerous examples, but those of Jefferson Airplane is one such.

At a boot sale last year I came across a CD by a female group called the 'Cunt Spiders'. I might have bought it just for the vicarious thrill of the title - but had full reason to expect the CD to be crap musically, so declined.

alphaGT
26-06-2019, 04:56
Yes you’re getting old, and so am I. When people use curse words because they think it makes them sound cool, to me that’s like a 10 year old spitting on the sidewalk. It’s childish. And no, it doesn’t make them look cool. The bulk of cursing in modern music is mostly because they can’t think of real words to express their feelings, they lack the vocabulary to say what they mean. IMHO

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Audio Al
26-06-2019, 07:00
Yes you’re getting old, and so am I. When people use curse words because they think it makes them sound cool, to me that’s like a 10 year old spitting on the sidewalk. It’s childish. And no, it doesn’t make them look cool. The bulk of cursing in modern music is mostly because they can’t think of real words to express their feelings, they lack the vocabulary to say what they mean. IMHO

Russell

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well said Russel :)

shane
26-06-2019, 11:57
Have a listen to this from a much respected poet and singer from 1971, and tell me what other word she could have used that would go anywhere near conveying the same meaning with the same impact.

https://youtu.be/EOC7LCXQpGc

Barry
26-06-2019, 14:07
Yes, the Dory Previn track 'Angels and Devils The Following Day' was what came to my mind of an example of where the use of a four letter word was exactly the right word to use in the context of the song.

I could cite other examples, but would agree with Russell that the overuse of swear words is unnecessary, and only displays a limited vocabulary.

thingfish
26-06-2019, 14:29
"Limp Bizkit - Hot Dog"

If I say "fuck" two more times
That's forty six "fucks" in this fucked-up rhyme.

Pretty much essential I would say, full lyrics below.

https://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/limpbizkit/hotdog.html

Pigmy Pony
26-06-2019, 14:51
Blancmange:

You keep me running round and round
Well that's alright with me,
Up and down, I'm up the wall
I'm up the bloody tree

Was there any need for that? He could have said "Up the flippin' tree". Disgraceful.

The Black Adder
26-06-2019, 14:58
Picked up some CD's from the booty

The Beautiful South

Track 1 , Dont marry her ,

Fu-k me :eek:

I must be getting old :doh:

Good song though :)Aargh.... Nooooo.

Your getting old my friend.. Burn it and buy something less boring instead. Lol

Sent from my 9001X using Tapatalk

perlogalism
26-06-2019, 19:55
Marianne Faithfull: Why d'you do it? Sometimes you need profanity ;)

alphaGT
27-06-2019, 04:07
Yes, of course there are times when a curse word fits the moment, I’ve been known to say a few myself! But, it’s all about context.

Russell

Barry
27-06-2019, 07:46
Marianne Faithfull: Why d'you do it? Sometimes you need profanity ;)

In that particular track, some of the sentiments expressed are far more shocking than the four-letter words used.