PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Isle of Man

manxie
19-06-2019, 10:08
Hi All,

Newbie here, living on the Isle of Man, surrounded by motorbikes and the Irish Sea.

System is rega planar (the one from the 70’s), Nagaoka MP110 cartridge, Eclipse TD amp and speakers.

Musical tastes: Caro Emerald, Stan Getz, George Ezra, Jean-Michel Jarre, ambient.

Hello to Jason Isaacs, while I’m here!

Regards
Frank

Barry
19-06-2019, 10:14
Welcome to AoS Francois.

Nice tastes in music,

Enjoy the Forum
Barry

Alex_UK
19-06-2019, 20:47
Hi Frank and welcome to AoS! I have never tried my Nagaoka in my Rega Planar (similar vintage) so I might give that a try! Might have to spin a bit of Caro now, not played her for ages! :thumbs up: Well, hope you enjoy the forum. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Alex_UK
19-06-2019, 20:49
Forgot to mention IOM/Motorbikes - being a biker and loving motorsport it’s on my bucket list to come over one year - got a spare room? ;)

Alex_UK
19-06-2019, 21:06
I’m not stalking you Frank, promise(!) But have you listened to anything by a band called Koop? Just started playing some Caro, and then Koop popped into my head which I also haven’t listened to in ages - not really a direct comparison but something of Caro’s “vibe” reminded me of Koop. Anyway, before I get a restraining order I will leave you alone! :lol:

walpurgis
20-06-2019, 08:30
Hello Frank. Welcome to AOS.

I'm sure you'll find plenty to interest you here. Tell us if you have any future plans for your system.

Feel free to join in and chat with everybody.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.

southall-1998_mk2
20-06-2019, 15:20
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.