PDA

View Full Version : UPS Warning - Don’t Bother!!!!

Weeman1973
15-06-2019, 10:59
A word of warning for those dispatching HiFi using (F*ck) UPS - please think again.

I paid £22 to have a turntable delivered, with insurance- they delivered it alright, in pieces!!

Over 2 weeks on & lots of emails & calls to a less than useless call centre & I eventually get a mail from the head of UK, telling me the damage was caused because I didn’t pack it well enough - nothing to do with them playing football with it. The receiver commented on how well it was packed & surprised how it got damaged.

They returned the table to me, wait for it with more damage than when it was originally received - they’re not even willing to acknowledge this even though I have photographic evidence!

Regardless of not paying for the damage, they’re not even going to refund me the original £22 I paid for insured delivery so I now have a knackered TT that was worth around £400 before they got their hands on it that I have paid £22 for the privilege of being returned to me.

Total shower of s*it with no concern for the customer at all. I’ve also since found out that they don’t have a complaints department - probably because they’d be overwhelmed!!

Anyway, my rant over but just a word of warning to others who might think using a so called reputable company is worth the extra - well it isn’t so might as well use Hermes or DPD

Shovel_Knight
15-06-2019, 11:13
Sadly, this is a familiar story. They somehow managed to severely damage a piece of equipment which was packed using custom styrofoam inserts and double-boxed!! The boxes were intact but apparently they knocked it so hard that the internal components were displaced.

Also their delivery policy is extremely annoying (at least in Ireland). They don't issue corporate phones to their drivers, and if you live in a gated estate, the driver would just wait in front of the gate for a couple of minutes without calling you -- and then drive away! DPD drivers at least always call AND they also give you an accurate time window for delivery.

The only courier company which is worse than UPS, in my experience, is GLS.

Haselsh1
15-06-2019, 11:26
Thank you for this. I always try to use DPD, excellent folk.

hifi_dave
15-06-2019, 11:28
I send parcels by UPS every week, worldwide and have done for the past 12 years.To date, everything has been delivered on time and without the slightest damage. You must have been unlucky.

Weeman1973
15-06-2019, 11:39
I send parcels by UPS every week, worldwide and have done for the past 12 years.To date, everything has been delivered on time and without the slightest damage. You must have been unlucky.

Hope you never have an incident because one thing’s for sure they won’t pay out so wouldn’t bother paying for insurance

anthonyTD
15-06-2019, 12:25
I have used UPS for years too, and on the odd ocasion they have been responsible for completely trashing some of my own equipment!
I have also used Fedex, with similar results, the diffrence i find with both these couriers is; Fedex usualy pays out, with limited hassle, once they establish its they're fault, UPS will argue tooth and nail not to pay you out, no matter what!
I could give examples but too long and winded to put here, safe to say; ALL couriers have off days, and for future refrence, anything you send with these companies has to withstand a metre drop, yes, a metre drop, from any angle, and survive, try that with a 40kg plus amp, even in its own flight case, and see how that goes! :rolleyes:
Just pack things as well as you can, and hope for the best, that's all any of us can do these days. :(

Puffin
15-06-2019, 12:26
Take them to the small claims court. As the summons has to be sent to their registered address (which may or may not be their head office) it will most likely go unanswered and you will be able to get a judgment. When you go to enforce it forget about any county court enforcement and apply to the high court for the sheriff's officer to enforce it. It will cost more, but you get all the costs back when they get the money. I am sure you have seen the telly programmes where mostly they are successful.

Spectral Morn
15-06-2019, 13:10
Had one heavy item delievered by UPS with no issue.

For everything else I use Parcel Force, never had a problem todate.

Hermes, had stuff thrown over my back wall. If an Ebayer is propsing to use Hermes I say no, I will pay extra for Parcel Force.

I am sorry for your hassle, and I hope you get compensated.

joolz
15-06-2019, 13:15
We have sporadic trouble with all the major delivery services, except Royal Mail/Parcelforce. We live in the sticks, and sat nav is not your friend, paradoxically, if you can read a map we should be easier to find.
Most multi-drop drivers are probably minimum-wage, and chased by their management to get lots of drops done in a day - they work to a rule of averages - should get delivered sometime.

Mr Underhill
15-06-2019, 13:24
EAR arranged pickup and the box was serviced and returned. Six of the valves were broken as well as an internal support bar.

As this had been organised by EAR they dealt with the company and the repair; once completed I drove up to Cambridge and collected the amp.

I always thoroughly over-wrap items, and take photos of the process, just in case as a result.

I am sorry that you have not had any positive result, but you have strengthened my resolve to not use UPS for anything that is anything but brick like.

Mr. C
15-06-2019, 13:33
Oddly enough UPS are good for ourselves, never use Parcel farce always problems, however this depends on your local depot, the drivers at both ends all companies can suffer through this.

As said always add extra internal packaging, plus corner bumpers and double boxed.

If a delicate item the I would suggest delivery yourself.

Recently had a five figure TT delivered to outer Scotland with no issues what so ever, though i did take 4 hours packing it up!

Mikeandvan
15-06-2019, 13:34
If you packed correctly with photos as evidence and paid for insurance then why can't you get compensation? UPS are a huge company.

Joe
15-06-2019, 15:09
Doesn't our Macca work for them? Have used UPS several times myself with no problem.

Audio Al
15-06-2019, 16:32
I use them, no problems here :)

anthonyTD
15-06-2019, 18:01
When i get equipment sent for repair, if it arrives broken, then at least it was coming to me for a repair anyway,:doh: however; in most cases, i insist on the owner of the equipment pick it up in person once its been repaired.
As Mr C quoted, if the item is delicate, then sometimes your better off delivering it, or picking it up in person.
When you consider how many parcels these companies handle per day, it is unfortunetly inevitable that there will be some damages, and losses.
A...

Clint H
15-06-2019, 18:21
Sorry to read of your hassles with UPS, it's simply not on & bang out of order. Whenever i've had consumer problems with companies, I don't bother with their complaints departments as they are a waste of your life (And vinyl listening time!!) I always write to the managing director or chairman etc of the said company with my complaint, it gets much better & quicker results (It has in my case) It has been financially beneficial with me too, Natwest & Santander have both paid financial compensation to me for their cock ups. I had a look on the tinetrnet just & found the head of UPS UK - https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9582 - complete with phone number & address. I always write a letter to them rather than phoning as you then have evidence of your complaint to them. Explain the problem, that your parcel was insured & you demand compensating. These people don't like receiving letters telling them their company is pants. It's worth a go as you are out of pocket. Good luck & hope you get it resolved.

Clint H

User211
15-06-2019, 18:39
It's not just UPS. They are all at it. All of them. Really.

Think about it. The average level of the staff they employ is likely to be very much the same.

The real problem (from experience of a number of incidents) seems to be when something is genuinely heavy. Then the problems really seem to be far, far more likely.

In fact if something is 50KG or over and doesn't have serious, serious packing, I'd say the chance of some damage, at least to the external packaging as an absolute minimum, is more likely than not.

Had problems with fridges (4 deliveries), ovens (6 deliveries) and various bits of hi-fi. Fridge and oven counts are until the new item arrives in an acceptable state.

Yup I had 6 Neff ovens from John Lewis. Nearly all had bent front doors but some had buckled bases. NEFF packaging is a complete joke.

Macca
15-06-2019, 19:08
Doesn't our Macca work for them? Have used UPS several times myself with no problem.

No I work for the other one.

Small claims procedure is the way to go in this situation.

Jazid
16-06-2019, 18:40
UPS suck big time in my location. I have a feeling the regular driver enjoys spoiling other people's stuff, I've seen him too often with bulky parcels falling off his trolley as he races about, he makes no effort to stop it happening, there is just no care in the company.

Last two years to date it's a 100% destruction record for stuff delivered to me via them, not lots but maybe half a dozen items. I dread it!

Obviously I wouldn't choose this firm, or even send a triple boxed plastic bag via them as they'd somehow crack a paving slab with it. Cretins, dumbf#cks, trash.

I feel better now [emoji16]

Sent from my BLA-L09 using Tapatalk

southall-1998_mk2
16-06-2019, 18:42
UPS suck big time in my location. I have a feeling the regular driver enjoys spoiling other people's stuff, I've seen him too often with bulky parcels falling off his trolley as he races about, he makes no effort to stop it happening, there is just no care in the company.

Last two years to date it's a 100% destruction record for stuff delivered to me via them, not lots but maybe half a dozen items. I dread it!

Obviously I wouldn't choose this firm, or even send a triple boxed plastic bag via them as they'd somehow crack a paving slab with it. Cretins, dumbf#cks, trash.

I feel better now [emoji16]

You should film the prick, and spread it on YouTube.

S.

Ninanina
16-06-2019, 18:47
Whenever I ship anything of value I take a picture of it being packed and a final pic of the package just in case

My ML 383 was delivered by UPS from Europe with no problems at all... It was a heavy package and they used a sack truck to bring it into the house for me...

Jazid
16-06-2019, 21:11
You're right, I will

Edit,: aimed at Southall[emoji106]

Cycleallday
17-06-2019, 17:15
We are a small firm that sends around £3000 of goods a day via courier and never insure.

We experience only about 1 in 200 hundred or less problems and all ways resolve these through polite negotiation

We use ups for all critical orders to foreign parts and have never had a problem

We find dpd an excellent uk courier

Mel

Marco
17-06-2019, 17:20
Yup I had 6 Neff ovens from John Lewis. Nearly all had bent front doors but some had buckled bases. NEFF packaging is a complete joke.

You should do what we do dude, and stick with Miele... All our electrical appliances are Miele. German engineering at its best. No point in settling for anything less;)

Their packaging, along with everything else, is top notch:)

Marco.

Beobloke
20-06-2019, 11:49
UPS have been my go-to for shipping hi-fi for many years and I've sent turntables all over the globe with them, and never had any problems.

As to Parcel Farce, I'm sure I've said this before but, if you're considering using them, I would recommend either smashing the item up, or asking a friend to a take it, hide it and never, ever tell you where it is, and then flush £50 down the toilet. The outcome of using Parcel Farce is generally the same, but at least this gets to the inevitable outcome more quickly.

struth
20-06-2019, 11:51
Usually use them if i can. If its not overly breakable etc i might use gpo etc.

Macca
20-06-2019, 12:21
UPS have been my go-to for shipping hi-fi for many years and I've sent turntables all over the globe with them, and never had any problems.

As to Parcel Farce, I'm sure I've said this before but, if you're considering using them, I would recommend either smashing the item up, or asking a friend to a take it, hide it and never, ever tell you where it is, and then flush £50 down the toilet. The outcome of using Parcel Farce is generally the same, but at least this gets to the inevitable outcome more quickly.

Excellent rant but I've used Parcel Farce many times and to date not had any issues. Although I've never entrusted a turntable to them.

struth
20-06-2019, 12:39
Excellent rant but I've used Parcel Farce many times and to date not had any issues. Although I've never entrusted a turntable to them.

pf smashed an amp of mine.. bastards wouldnt pay either

Spectral Morn
20-06-2019, 13:37

I have and it and the lid (sent in another box) arrived all in one piece. I would post a TT and lid again, but the packing needs to be up to the job and the item packed to survive WW3.

Spectral Morn
20-06-2019, 13:38
pf smashed an amp of mine.. bastards wouldnt pay either

Not being in original packing is their get out of jail free card. Others pull the same stunt as well.

struth
20-06-2019, 13:54
I have and it and the lid (sent in another box) arrived all in one piece. I would post a TT and lid again, but the packing needs to be up to the job and the item packed to survive WW3.

yup, it was fairly heavy too but was pretty bomb proof.

Iwas going to send one once; my srm but couldn't get happy enough with it so did a meet up

shaman
20-06-2019, 16:04
I dare say there are horror stories about all the couriers.
It is a bit pot luck.
I once had a box containing a Garrard 401 and SME arm not turn up.
Went through the claims process which eventually paid up.
Six months later a box appeared in the shed.....guess what was in it?
Yep...the Garrard.
On the box was written "Not Royal Mail"
So I guess that it got mixed up with RM stuff and had been sitting in an office somewhere.

rigger67
20-06-2019, 17:36
I work for UPS.
I load the vans in the mornings and "we don't do air mail" (ie parcels being chucked about) is one of the key phrases they drum into us.

Generally, heavy loads are handled really carefully with as much safe handling as we can manage because primarily we're looking to avoid damaging ourselves as well as the parcels.
I regularly handle stuff for Winchester HiFi on my vans - Proac speakers and the like - and also for the branch of Audio T in Chandlers Ford and I always take extra special care with anything marked for those two businesses.

Loaders are under pressure just as the drivers are, but overall I would say our service is much, much better than the likes of My Hermes and easily on a par with Royal Mail and DHL from my own experiences.

I had a CD delivered today through the post and the front part of the box was completely smashed and I was really surprised because it was in the usual jiffybag and I couldn't remember the last time that happened.
I would like to think that yours was an extremely rare experience.

What I would add is that you should look up your local depot and contact them.
Looking on the website there's a virtual assistant system that might be able to help you.
Occasionally we'll get a complaint and generally it's someone in the admin office who deals with it so if you can get that far you should at least be able to shout at someone real.
Sorry I don't know the local depot to you.
I can ask at work tomorrow if you like ??

Pieoftheday
20-06-2019, 19:28
I work for UPS.
I load the vans in the mornings and "we don't do air mail" (ie parcels being chucked about) is one of the key phrases they drum into us.

Generally, heavy loads are handled really carefully with as much safe handling as we can manage because primarily we're looking to avoid damaging ourselves as well as the parcels.
I regularly handle stuff for Winchester HiFi on my vans - Proac speakers and the like - and also for the branch of Audio T in Chandlers Ford and I always take extra special care with anything marked for those two businesses.

Loaders are under pressure just as the drivers are, but overall I would say our service is much, much better than the likes of My Hermes and easily on a par with Royal Mail and DHL from my own experiences.

I had a CD delivered today through the post and the front part of the box was completely smashed and I was really surprised because it was in the usual jiffybag and I couldn't remember the last time that happened.
I would like to think that yours was an extremely rare experience.

What I would add is that you should look up your local depot and contact them.
Looking on the website there's a virtual assistant system that might be able to help you.
Occasionally we'll get a complaint and generally it's someone in the admin office who deals with it so if you can get that far you should at least be able to shout at someone real.
Sorry I don't know the local depot to you.
I can ask at work tomorrow if you like ??

I work for royal mail, privatisation has fukt it up, too much to do in too little time,the staff try their best but are effectively bullied and fook ups happen, management to blame, I've seen it go tits up over 34 yrs

struth
20-06-2019, 21:01
My tame postman is a gent. Even stashes stuff in my shed if I'm out.
He is into coffee and vinyl too

rigger67
21-06-2019, 08:50
I think your nearest branch is Northampton.
I mean the nearest depot.
We feed an area stretching from Southampton north to Winchester and northern Hants, east past Pompey and west in to Dorset, past Poole.
Unless there's another depot somewhere in Norfolk I'm pretty sure the base depot for deliveries to you will be Northampton.
I looked on Google maps but there's no phone number listed so a quick call to direct enquiries might help.
The address is : Lower Farm Rd, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6XF.

Weeman1973
21-06-2019, 09:01
I think your nearest branch is Northampton.
I mean the nearest depot.
We feed an area stretching from Southampton north to Winchester and northern Hants, east past Pompey and west in to Dorset, past Poole.
Unless there's another depot somewhere in Norfolk I'm pretty sure the base depot for deliveries to you will be Northampton.
I looked on Google maps but there's no phone number listed so a quick call to direct enquiries might help.
The address is : Lower Farm Rd, Moulton Park, Northampton NN3 6XF.

Thank you for this info & your help in trying to sort it out - you are genuinely the first representative of UPS that is offering any assistance.

I am currently in talks with someone from their Nuneaton depot (god knows why but they contacted me) & also someone supposedly acting on behalf of Dave Abney in the US.

I have advised that if I do not get a satisfactory outcome, my next steps is the small claims court.

The last mail I had from someone was on Tuesday so to be fair they will have until next Tuesday (25th) to get back to me with their response.

If nothing is forthcoming by Tuesday I will pursue in the Small Claims Court.

rigger67
21-06-2019, 11:32
Good luck with it.
I've only ever spoken to a couple of people who had any trouble with the company and they both were fully compensated, so I would expect the matter to be fully resolved.

As a company if your sole purpose is logistics, you have to hold your hands up if something goes wrong and take the hit, surely ??
So long as you've got photos I can't see how they can argue against it, especially not with the threat of court.

If it was me, I would also consider social media and local newspapers too, because judging by The Southern Daily Echo's website they'll be desperate for stories, the amount of shyte they "publish" on there ...

thingfish
21-06-2019, 11:47
My Radford STA-25 was delivered the length of the country by UPS.

"I was sweating like a gypsy with a mortgage"

But to my relief it was delivered unscathed.

Macca
21-06-2019, 14:09
So you finally got it then. Happy?

thingfish
21-06-2019, 16:33
Hi Macca.....Yup finally got the bugger, my thoughts below.

(Safe and sound via UPS)

https://theartofsound.net/forum/showthread.php?64672-Radford-STA-25-(MK5)

Macca
21-06-2019, 19:48
I missed that completely! So it's superb then? I told you it would be!

philv
24-06-2019, 22:43
Ask ups who tne correct regulators are for their business and ask how you can contact tnem and make a complaint.

Insurance ombudsman, rail regulator, etc.
Quite often, just asking for contact details of tne regularor gets results.

alphaGT
25-06-2019, 04:36
I had a go round with UPS years ago, over a pair of speakers. They ran a fork truck tang through the speaker! And an inspector came to see, and then they said it wasn’t packaged properly. I had photos of the obvious fork hole, they finally agreed to pay, but only half! Since the other speaker was not damaged. The seller shipped the broken one back, and they had purposely damaged it again! Pure spite!

So, why must I buy extra insurance to protect me from them? Aren’t they responsible for delivering things undamaged in the first place? What a racket! And the spiteful damage after the fact is pure childish.

Russell

willbewill
01-07-2019, 07:34
Bought an item on eBay last Wednesday, 26 June, partly swung for it as seller stated RM special delivery which generally means I get delivery by 11am so rest of day is free. However when it got dispatched eBay tracking showed UPS!

Not a happy bunny I contacted seller, who stated that when packed weight was over 2kg so sm too expensive, hence UPS standard which stated 1 day delivery, fully tracked and insured. But to be fair he was also willing to cancel my order. Idiot that I am I didn't.

Well according to UPS tracking it was shipped on time, but the latest update shows estimated delivery by end of Tuesday 2 July, almost a week in transit. That's an awful lot of time for them to be able to play football with it and it's about the right size.

struth
01-07-2019, 07:50
july i take it, or its time travelling :eyebrows:

willbewill
01-07-2019, 08:03
july i take it, or its time travelling :eyebrows:Oops, now edited...

tapid
01-07-2019, 08:05
Bottom line is these carriers must be shifting so much gear there s bound to be damages at sometime or another ?. After care responses is another thing and should be dealt professionally by these companies.
No problem so far with parcel force, but with any carrier its gonna be a bit hit and miss me thinks !

willbewill
01-07-2019, 15:23
Well would you believe it, package just turned up a day early and in perfect condition, was really well packed and double boxed.

Jazid
01-07-2019, 20:30
Having set my mind to film our local UPS delivery cretin throwing other people's stuff around I discover another face has appeared, so maybe he has been replaced. I sincerely hope so.

hornucopia
01-07-2019, 21:15
https://hifiwigwam.com/forum/topic/74446-courier-delivery/

Topic covered before (2013 here) so no idea if still valid........

Jazid
01-07-2019, 22:24
Good call that thread!
I have used gti distribution on a couple of occasions and the couriers have been totally superb. I had an old, delicate and essentially valueless valve oscilloscope brought down from the North. The courier had a long chat about how he'd used the same model when working for Leak Wharfedale research labs in the early 1970s. Their model is bespoke service: one item per vehicle, proper care. They take HiFi items as additional when it works, but the point is the van is essentially a single drop vehicle, and there is no massive pressure on time. So they take care.
Very highly recommended [emoji106]

Jazid
04-07-2019, 12:37
I just bought another amp [emoji4], the seller has elected to send it by... UPS [emoji15]
I will update...

Jazid
07-07-2019, 19:56
All good, it was delivered by the new boy. Hopefully a corner turned, and I hope the old employee hasn't been sent elsewhere to ruin other people's stuff.
All good, phew!

anthonyTD
08-07-2019, 09:21
I think a few of you have touched on the real issue with these carriers, and that is; individuals in the minority spoiling the service for the whole company!
As i said in an earliar post, i have dealt with UPS for over 15 years, and on the whole, i have had satisfactory results, but when they have gotten it wrong, its been in a big way! :doh:
The driver that usualy call's to me is great, [Phil] and there has been a few others over the years that have also been good, but a few, you can just tell by speaking with them that they just have pure contempt for the company, and anything you send with them. :doh:
Again, this happens in all companies, and organisations, just make sure you follow the couriers instructions, and pack your items well [very well] and hope for the best.
A...

Martyn Miles
08-07-2019, 11:20
Some horror stories here, but I’ve not had a problem with any Couriers including UPS.
People complain about Hermes.
The Hermes lady who delivers to my house is so friendly and helpful.
The only problem I had was a pair of speakers delivered to Taiwan which were damaged by the local
Courier.
The ‘Local Courier’ being the Taiwan Post Office.
An insurance claim was made through Parcel2Go and all was well.

walpurgis
08-07-2019, 12:29
I've never had issues with courier companies. My problems have been with people who can't bloody pack properly!! :steam:

Spectral Morn
08-07-2019, 12:36
I've never had issues with courier companies. My problems have been with people who can't bloody pack properly!! :steam:

A huge issue.

Minstrel SE
08-07-2019, 13:36
yeah I think as anthonyTD says, depending on the drivers all courier firms can have off days. Ive had great service from Parcel force but one day they just left the item at a newsagents/PO without any notification to me...the tracking number was then quoted wrong by the seller and it was fun fun all the way.

I dont think many companies value their drivers. Some pay pence per parcel which is why the Hermes guy always looks stressed and ready to pack the job in. If they have no stake in the future, is it any wonder that these things happen

I also think they employ lowest common denominator divies at the sorting offices...in essence if they pay peanuts and have no recruiting standards your turntable will end up ****ed.

Whats very worrying is if they dont honour the insurance policy as they are happy to take the money

I have a fear of such companies until I am forced to use them for certain items. Touch wood Ive been ok but there are some things I would never send

Floyddroid
08-07-2019, 17:56

Never used UPS since they totally mangles a beautiful Beard P50 power amp i sent to Chris Found to be serviced many years ago. They completely mangles it. I was given a pittance by way of compensation despite paying a substantial amount to insure it. It took months of emails and phone calls as above. I have since shipped many amps, CD's and turntables via Parcelforce who are constantly criticized without incident.

andyrlb
10-07-2019, 17:15
A word of warning for those dispatching HiFi using (F*ck) UPS - please think again.

I paid £22 to have a turntable delivered, with insurance- they delivered it alright, in pieces!!

Over 2 weeks on & lots of emails & calls to a less than useless call centre & I eventually get a mail from the head of UK, telling me the damage was caused because I didn’t pack it well enough - nothing to do with them playing football with it. The receiver commented on how well it was packed & surprised how it got damaged.

They returned the table to me, wait for it with more damage than when it was originally received - they’re not even willing to acknowledge this even though I have photographic evidence!

Regardless of not paying for the damage, they’re not even going to refund me the original £22 I paid for insured delivery so I now have a knackered TT that was worth around £400 before they got their hands on it that I have paid £22 for the privilege of being returned to me.

Total shower of s*it with no concern for the customer at all. I’ve also since found out that they don’t have a complaints department - probably because they’d be overwhelmed!!

Anyway, my rant over but just a word of warning to others who might think using a so called reputable company is worth the extra - well it isn’t so might as well use Hermes or DPD

Sorry to hear of your extremely poor experience Russ , collection only rules .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alex_UK
10-07-2019, 23:09
New pair of active speakers delivered today by UPS in perfect condition - it really does depend on the personnel involved in my opinion.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Johnny nocash
11-07-2019, 00:46
New pair of active speakers delivered today by UPS in perfect condition - it really does depend on the personnel involved in my opinion.

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

I agree, if ya got tosspots working in your depot area then you're fooked. Every couriers got 'em. UPS could be good in X but diabolical in Y.

Weeman1973
11-07-2019, 10:18
Well, after a couple of weeks, further emails to CEOs etc. I finally have some resolution....

They've now agreed it is their fault and I have just received a cheque from them. Not to cover the whole amount I sold the TT for but enough hopefully to repair the damage they caused.

Not an ideal outcome but one that I will accept however will never use UPS again and ensure that everyone I deal with knows the pitfalls of dealing with them in case of any issues.