PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

Bensco
15-06-2019, 10:01
Hi another newbie, my name is Ben, I listen to all kinds of music 50s rock and roll to Michael Jackson, last year I bought a record player hooked up to a crappy stereo system, I just picked up an old ish technics stereo to get a better sound

Alex_UK
15-06-2019, 12:33
Welcome to AoS Ben. Tell us a bit more about your new acquisition, and what turntable have you got? Beware, this can become a very expensive forum! Hope you enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bensco
15-06-2019, 12:42
Well the stereo is about 20 years old but seems great, I have posted a concern about a particular component getting really hot inside the amp, hoping it's not bad news.
And the turntable is very basic it's an audio technica AT-LP60. This is the part where I'm told I've bought a load of rubbish ��

Alex_UK
15-06-2019, 14:16
Well the stereo is about 20 years old but seems great, I have posted a concern about a particular component getting really hot inside the amp, hoping it's not bad news.

Hopefully one of our many electronics experts will be able to help, Ben. I'm not one of them I'm afraid!

And the turntable is very basic it's an audio technica AT-LP60. This is the part where I'm told I've bought a load of rubbish ��

I would never say that about anyone's choices - and from what I've read, they're a great entry-level deck. Thing is with this game, the law of diminishing returns kicks in pretty quickly! You could spend a whole lot more, and not improve the sound by much. In fact, lots of us won't admit it, but sometimes an "upgrade" isn't anything of the sort!

southall-1998_mk2
15-06-2019, 17:14
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.

Barry
19-06-2019, 10:26
Welcome to AoS Ben.

Enjoy the Forum
Barry