PDA

View Full Version : Sugden LS21 loudspeakers

eksiil
14-06-2019, 20:03
anyone with any experience of these? especially vis-á-vis Harbeths.

many thanks

ahto

hifinutt
14-06-2019, 20:47
Ha , i doubt if they would beat your lovely harbeth shl5plus , they make wonderful amps but no one ever mentions their speakers

graham67
14-06-2019, 23:26
I heard these shortly after release. Not surprisingly a good match with the a21 amps. IIRC, midrange was a highlight. Being a modern slim speaker, they have that tighter bass common to smaller drivers, plenty of it but of the more insistent variety, rather than old school blousy.
Definitely worth a listen at the right price s/h.

Lawrence001
15-06-2019, 08:00
I heard these shortly after release. Not surprisingly a good match with the a21 amps. IIRC, midrange was a highlight. Being a modern slim speaker, they have that tighter bass common to smaller drivers, plenty of it but of the more insistent variety, rather than old school blousy.
Definitely worth a listen at the right price s/h.

Funny how one man's tighter is another's lack of. Or, at the other end, warm vs bloated. My experience is small drivers forced to do bass beyond their capabilities becomes increasingly "one note" as they are made to go lower.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Macca
15-06-2019, 08:33
And big drivers do not necessarily do low bass.

There's another thread here about these Sugden speakers, or maybe they were mentioned on 'Bargains on ebay' thread. They are quite recent models and the spec looks pretty good.

Lawrence001
15-06-2019, 10:24
And big drivers do not necessarily do low bass.

There's another thread here about these Sugden speakers, or maybe they were mentioned on 'Bargains on ebay' thread. They are quite recent models and the spec looks pretty good.True I'm talking about big drivers in quite large cabinets, if they're optimized for higher sensitivity rather than bass response they might not dig as deep. But they still seem to load the air in the room better and give that sense of real presence smaller drivers can't do.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

eksiil
15-06-2019, 15:43
many thanks for your thoughts. there's a pair on offer semi-locally for €1000, but to be honest I'm very happy with the Harbeths. just a stray thought.