PDA

View Full Version : Find it on my Spotify

The Vinyl Adventure
24-05-2010, 12:28
Im starting a new thread for sharing music via spotify as the other thread got a bit wrapped up in working out how to use it

to start the ball rolling im sharing an album - four tet 'there is love in you' - its brilliant, go and have a listen

to add me type

spotify:user:hamish_gill

in the search bar

obviously you could just find that album without adding me, but it might be nice if people make playlists and share them via this thread
if someone wants to make this a sticky, that would be quite nice too :)

get making them playlists people and lets share some music ... We have the technology!

:)

Rare Bird
24-05-2010, 13:04
Why not just put links up

http://open.spotify.com/user/brainsurgeon/playlist/3DiCyzMi2IfOPlPD3pA12Y

John
24-05-2010, 15:03
my name on the site is gamalon after one of my fav fusion bands
and my last fm radio station is http://www.last.fm/listen/user/spatch777/personal#pane=webRadioPlayer&station=%252Flisten%252Fuser%252Fspatch777%252Fper sonal
At the moment usually listen to last Fm as not really worked out how to best utlise spotify

magiccarpetride
27-05-2010, 19:42
my name on the site is gamalon after one of my fav fusion bands
and my last fm radio station is http://www.last.fm/listen/user/spatch777/personal#pane=webRadioPlayer&station=%252Flisten%252Fuser%252Fspatch777%252Fper sonal
At the moment usually listen to last Fm as not really worked out how to best utlise spotify

The web is not a ghetto. Why is this shitty spotify only offered to some countries?

John
27-05-2010, 19:45
I am surprised u cannot get in Canada

Rare Bird
27-05-2010, 19:48
Why is this shitty spotify only offered to some countries?

Dunno Just not the shitty ones i guess :D

magiccarpetride
27-05-2010, 20:32
I am surprised u cannot get in Canada

Me too.

magiccarpetride
27-05-2010, 20:34
Dunno Just not the shitty ones i guess :D

I always thought Netherlands was a shitty country;) Now I stand corrected:eek:

Rare Bird
27-05-2010, 20:41
Netherlands!! :scratch:

Alex_UK
01-06-2010, 22:56
The web is not a ghetto. Why is this shitty spotify only offered to some countries?

All down to copyright deals I believe - though how the heck artists/labels are agreeing to it is beyond me if the rumours are correct - see this link (http://www.muztec.com/spotify/spotify-earnings-lady-gaga-167-from-1-million-plays-spotify-delays-us-launch.html) - it just won't be sustainable, so enjoy it while you can (or can't, sorry North America.)

B.O.T. - cheers Hamish, I'll give that a listen - I'm working on a 2010 chillout playlist, but still not finished, so watch this space...

Alex_UK
19-06-2010, 20:56
Hi guys, if anyone is interested, I'm starting to put together Spotify playlists based on Claire Anderson's Late Lounge show on Jazz FM - (interweb only, unfortunately) - she plays Monday to Thursday 10pm - 1am, and some of her selections are rather good, although there can be a bit of repetition sometimes.

If you're into the likes of Air, Groove Armada, Massive Attack Nightmares on Wax, Zero 7 etc, then these will probably appeal to you. I have added a bit of artistic licence as not all tracks are available on Spotify (though most are - I've added a suitable alternative in some cases) and I've also chosen different mixes possibly, as her set lists don't divulge the detail. They're more there for my interest, but feel free to have a play those that are already added as People, or add me if not - alex_steel1969.

The Vinyl Adventure
19-06-2010, 21:37
Sounds right up my street, il be sure to have a listen... This is what I was hoping people would do on spotify (even though I haven't done it my self yet...)
nice one buddy!

Alex_UK
19-06-2010, 21:57
I'm having a big rethink on my purchases - it's engrained in my psyche that I am a music "collector" - but to be honest, an awful lot of what I buy is played once or twice then rarely again. I'm sure I could live without a lot of them, so my intention is to make far more use of my premium Spotify account - at 320kbps through the Caiman the sound quality is all but indistinguishable to my ears compared to my CD player as a transport into the same DAC - especially as I hardly ever have the time or opportunity to sit down and exclusively listen - I'm always doing something else, or have other people in the house to consider.

So, expect a few more playlists, but the other half of my plan is to actually get to know what I have already a lot better, or, maybe even consider thinning my physical collection down, which may be a bridge too far! (Over 30,000 tracks now, which if I played non-stop 24/7 would take 93.3 days, according to itunes...)

I also see that as well as keeping 3,333 tracks off line with Spotify, you can also use it to manage your own collection - not sure what file types are supported, but that would make it seamless between what you actually own, and what you stream - could be a very attractive proposition.

Anyway, hope you enjoy the Late Lounge playlists, there are 10 on there, each about 3hrs/30 tracks long, and I can't go back any further, but intend to keep them going moving forward.

The Vinyl Adventure
19-06-2010, 22:11
I hear they are to make that feature support flac...

The Grand Wazoo
30-06-2010, 17:27
You may or may not have realised (& you may or may not care!) that I've been doing some reviews of music on Neil's website/magazine/blog 'Adventures in High Fidelity Audio'. I've also started a kind of trail of music there called 'Interconnects'. Mornington Crescent, but with music!

http://www.adventuresinhifiaudio.com/

It occurred to me that it might be of interest to Spotify using members of AoS for me to put up playlists in My Spotify that allow you to listen to the stuff I've written about, should you be that way inclined.

The 'Interconnects' piece is already supported by You Tube clips of the key tracks wherever possible, but there are some tracks mentioned within the text that are passed by, so I'll put these into the playlist too. If the vital track is missing, I'll change it for something related.

So I've set up two lists:
AIHFA - Albums
AIHFA - Interconnects

To find me, type the following into the search bar:

spotify:user:ChungasRevenge

If you like the music, then please do us all a favour & go and buy a real copy for your collection.