PDA

View Full Version : B&O Beomaster 1000

aquapiranha
23-05-2010, 16:32
I have just been guven one of these lovely recievers. It is in fine condition other than one of the silver alloy endcaps (from the volume contol) is missing. I have yet to fire it up though but it looks fab!

http://beophile.com/?page_id=954

http://www.beophile.com/wp-content/vintage/beomaster1000.jpg

Rare Bird
23-05-2010, 16:40
Never seen one of those in the flesh Steve, shame about that missing knob end :lol:

Rare Bird
23-05-2010, 16:51
I always like the BeoMaster 3000 i think was the one used in the Alex bedroom scene Clockwork orange..

aquapiranha
23-05-2010, 16:55
Nice. It seems that the 1000 is the first piece of B&O that Jacob Jensen did any work on. I have fired it up and there were no sparks, and no smoke so that must be a good sign! I will get aroung to attatching some old mission speakers I have just to try it. Strangely, it has inputs for two turntables.

The Grand Wazoo
23-05-2010, 16:57
Steve,
That's nice - a good gift. Quite a big sounding 15 watts, I think.
If you can't find a knob end, would a bell end do? ...........I'm sure we've got one of those at the Art of Sound!!

Rare Bird
23-05-2010, 17:00
If you can't find a knob end, would a bell end do? ...........I'm sure we've got one of those at the Art of Sound!!

Can say i've noticed any :lolsign:

aquapiranha
23-05-2010, 17:01
Haha Chris, I dare say there are lots of bell ends on the internet, I have yet to see any on here, other than the late soundhaspriority of course! I really like the design of it and I have always liked the look of B&O gear but never really heard it. I think it is a little overpriced too for what it is but then there is plenty of spare cash floating about in the market segment they aim for.

The Grand Wazoo
23-05-2010, 17:06
I thought Hamish was the 'bell-end boy', a title bestowed upon him by the members on another place! (careful with my choice of words there!).

Yes, well I've heard it described as 'Bang and Awfulson' but only by people who haven't actually heard any of it. You're right about the price thing, but the secondhand market can be a great leveller.

The Vinyl Adventure
23-05-2010, 17:09
nah ive progressed to bodger since i keep breaking stuff.... get with the times chris

The Grand Wazoo
23-05-2010, 17:10
aaah yes, sorry mate. Have you snapped yer knob off? Steve needs the bits!

Rare Bird
23-05-2010, 17:13
I think it's more the space age stuff that fetches most money, They were a lot of cash for what they were but it's only the same for other expensive country products from around Europe/Scandinavia from the likes Tandberg, sonab etc..I've had a lot of bad luck in the past with breakdowns so am personally a bit wary

DSJR
23-05-2010, 17:32
Here we go again...

One of the first HiFi's I ever heard was the '1000 system (Gram, Master and Vox 1000) and very good it was too. The caps last well on this as well apparently and better than the 3000 receiver (I have a 3000-2 in the loft needing slider parts and a cap kit).

The Master 1000 doesn't seem to fetch much at present. Well worth a punt for a second or third system... The 1001 had a mostly silver look at the front, rather than the two-tone look of the earlier one.