PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me?

gninnam
30-05-2019, 23:44
I have 2 turntables in my current setup.
A '73 Lenco L75 and a '95 Michell Orbe

i find that when I listen to LP's I tend to put post '90s stuff on the Orbe but play pre '90s stuff on the Lenco

Just one of those things I suppose........:doh:

Ian7633
31-05-2019, 00:13
I've not had that with the hifi but I used to play in a couple of bands many moons ago. One was a loud and rorty rock outfit and the other a 60's covers band. I had a few basses at the time but I used a modern Status graphite 5 string in the rock band and a gorgeous 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 in the other, never the other way around. They just suited the bands both sound wise and visually. Funny thing was I never felt any attachment to the Status but it broke my heart when I had to sell the Ricky, silly old sod.

gninnam
31-05-2019, 00:18
I've not had that with the hifi but I used to play in a couple of bands many moons ago. One was a loud and rorty rock outfit and the other a 60's covers band. I had a few basses at the time but I used a modern Status graphite 5 string in the rock band and a gorgeous 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 in the other, never the other way around. They just suited the bands both sound wise and visually. Funny thing was I never felt any attachment to the Status but it broke my heart when I had to sell the Ricky, silly old sod.

Funny how we can get attached to some kit and not others!

Lawrence001
31-05-2019, 08:41
I've not had that with the hifi but I used to play in a couple of bands many moons ago. One was a loud and rorty rock outfit and the other a 60's covers band. I had a few basses at the time but I used a modern Status graphite 5 string in the rock band and a gorgeous 1979 Rickenbacker 4001 in the other, never the other way around. They just suited the bands both sound wise and visually. Funny thing was I never felt any attachment to the Status but it broke my heart when I had to sell the Ricky, silly old sod.If it's easier to get hold of a recent bass than a vintage it would explain why you felt less remorse on selling it. Also being on stage performing, image is important and the type (or at least shape, colour etc) of bass you play is more important than the look of a hifi IMO.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk