PDA

View Full Version : dr feickert adjust+ software.

karma67
27-05-2019, 16:04
has anyone else used this to set up azimuth? a kind sole over on pfm loaned me the software to use.
i am truely shocked at the sonic results since using it to set my cartridge up,my ortofon kb was out by 1 degree when the headshell was level which i roughly new by eyeing up though a jewlers loupe but i could never get it right by ear.

i though it didnt matter too much but the graph tells a different story.

https://i.postimg.cc/fyYdfv9y/image2.jpg

mac72
27-05-2019, 17:19
Jamie your crosstalk level is quite low @20dB , try to play with VTA till you get at least 25dB .

karma67
27-05-2019, 17:34
cheers,ive played with the vta a bit but the crosstalk always stays around the same figures,the trouble is it pains me to move it as its sounding so much better than before,vta is set pretty much bang on imo as it is.
chris at dr feickert has suggested that i should aim to get the phase angles intersecting at 90 degrees but id have to drop the arm so much i think the sonics would suffer.
this is all new to me so feel free to add more advice please.

Wakefield Turntables
27-05-2019, 17:55
I've got the Adjust+ system but never really messed around with it! I suppose I should dig it out of the loft.

karma67
27-05-2019, 18:19
or sell it to me lol
seriously though you should,its a powerful bit of kit.

karma67
27-05-2019, 18:22
Jamie your crosstalk level is quite low @20dB , try to play with VTA till you get at least 25dB .

i think thats just the nature of the cartridge,ive just dropped and raised it 4mm and nothing dramatic happens to the cross talk levels.

mac72
27-05-2019, 18:52
With Cadenza Blue I was getting into high 20’s , with Bronze over 30 so it’s bit surprising.
What’s your tracking force set to ?
Usually on all cartridges I’ve checked crosstalk and phase angle crossed over within 0.5 degree , don’t worry about intersection at 90 degrees I’ve had a conversation with Chris and it is bit of unproven, it worked only with 2M Black out of all carts I tested.

karma67
27-05-2019, 19:19
ah ive just recognised who you are!
tracking force is set to 2.7g.
do you think its worth going over it again? ive done it a few times so far and it gets easier the more times you do it (as you probably know)
i cant see it suddenly jumping up in the cross talk figures though ,the best i got was 22.5 and 20.5,never got anywhere near 23

mac72
27-05-2019, 19:49
ah ive just recognised who you are!
tracking force is set to 2.7g.
do you think its worth going over it again? ive done it a few times so far and it gets easier the more times you do it (as you probably know)
i cant see it suddenly jumping up in the cross talk figures though ,the best i got was 22.5 and 20.5,never got anywhere near 23
2.7 gram seems to be quite high , try to play with tracking force a bit as it changes SRA .
Have you tried to test frequency response yet ?
If you want to keep Feickert for bit longer it’s not a problem ,

karma67
28-05-2019, 04:23
Sorry I got that wrong, it’s 2.57,Ortofon recomend 2.5.
I’ll give that a try and see what figures I get.

mac72
28-05-2019, 07:14
Sorry I got that wrong, it’s 2.57,Ortofon recomend 2.5.
I’ll give that a try and see what figures I get.
I run Bronze @2.55 and Blue was similar, leave azimuth at +1 degree as you get nice phase match and crosstalk is almost the same compared to cross point.

Mr. C
23-06-2019, 12:43
The adjust plus is very good, especially with SME V's as the only way to adjust the azimuth is fabricate shims and place them under the cart opposite the side that needs adjusting. Been using ours for over 6 years great tool for aiding TT set ups.

Takes a while to fully get to grips with it, but for a serious vinyl head a must purchase imho

MAC72 can you empty your PM box :)

mac72
23-06-2019, 14:57
The adjust plus is very good, especially with SME V's as the only way to adjust the azimuth is fabricate shims and place them under the cart opposite the side that needs adjusting. Been using ours for over 6 years great tool for aiding TT set ups.

Takes a while to fully get to grips with it, but for a serious vinyl head a must purchase imho

MAC72 can you empty your PM box :)

Hi Tony , emptied now

karma67
23-06-2019, 17:23
its a very good set up tool as far as im concerned,because of using it i can now dial in azimuth by ear,maybe not as acurate as the software but i because of it i now know what to listen for.
thanks again slav.:cool:

mac72
23-06-2019, 20:18
its a very good set up tool as far as im concerned,because of using it i can now dial in azimuth by ear,maybe not as acurate as the software but i because of it i now know what to listen for.
thanks again slav.:cool:
If you need it again let me know