PDA

View Full Version : Hello from allsorts new member

allsorts
20-05-2010, 07:02
Hello to all. I have been reading this site with interest for some months and finally joined.My interest was piqued by the passion of members for the Caiman in particular. I was looking to purchase a dac and now have a caiman. It runs from a macmini Intel 1.83 ghz via a Beresford optical cable to the caiman which is now preamping my marantz pm7003 amp and then out through a pair of Wharfedale Pacific Evo 30s. I have around 150 albums on apple lossless, mostly big band, all sorts of jazz, and classical music. I wish the site all future success.

Marco
20-05-2010, 08:28
Hi 'allsorts',

Welcome to AOS! What's your proper first name and where are you from? :)

Marco.

allsorts
20-05-2010, 09:00
Hi Marco.
My name is Greg and i hail from melbourne, australia. I'm coming to grips with this technology so excuse my amateurish start. This is my first time at joining a site. 56 years old and learning about the internet as quickly as i can.
Yours, Greg Hall

Marco
20-05-2010, 10:09
Hi Greg,

Nice one, mate! Get stuck into the discussions and enjoy - you're doing fine so far :cool:

Marco.

Alex_UK
29-05-2010, 20:49
Hi Greg, welcome aboard - not many people have said hello so here's a bump - come on chaps! (I'm currently catching up on unread threads after 2 mental weeks at work and currently finishing a week's holiday on the south coast (UK) and still am 9 days behind!)

I am sure you will love the Caiman - I have yet to hear anyone not like it, plus there is the tweakability if you fancy it (I haven't felt the need to yet.)

Hope to see you get stuck in - don't be afraid to ask, there's always someone who will know more than you and will be glad to help, and always someone who knows very little - that's why I stick around, to make everyone else feel better! ;-)

Enjoy AoS and look forward to hearing further from you.

Beechwoods
29-05-2010, 21:09
Glad to have you here Greg! Big band jazz sounds interesting. Which era?

Enjoy the forum!