PDA

View Full Version : FS: Schiit Bifrost Multibit DAC GEN 3 USB

bronzeage
26-04-2019, 10:13
Hi

Decided to reduce the box count, since I now want to add a streamer into the mix, so looking at an integrated dac/streamer.
As much as I like this DAC, it's getting too congested.

Had this for a few years, it's in very good nick, there are some very light scratches on the top plate that don't come out in the photos, but if you get within a few inches, can just about make them out, certainly nothing you could spot in a rack.

The unit has USB, coax (RCA) and optical, switching is done manually via button on the front.
No need for external linear power supply, it is built in.

No power cable supplied, as I imagine you would want to use your own favourite, but I can throw in a bog standard one if requested.
Don't have the original packaging, but will be very securely done by me - it is surprisingly heavy for such a compact unit.

It does not have the latest GEN 5 USB (this is GEN 3), but can be upgraded if that is a concern, this it costs £140 for that, or you could by an Eitr spidf converter to get the same effect. Not sure if either has that much impact on sound.

The current price of the GEN 5 version is £560 pounds.

As such, I have priced accordingly, so looking for £270 which includes postage and packaging, via special delivery.

http://i65.tinypic.com/312ejj8.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/10qzbqo.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/2s9skr4.jpg

Payment by PayPal (if you pay any associated fees), or bank transfer.

Thanks for looking!

bronzeage
27-04-2019, 11:32
Price reduced to avoid the dreaded bay.. less than 50% of current rrp

bronzeage
28-04-2019, 20:44
Must be a bad time for DACs..how about £250?

bronzeage
29-04-2019, 11:41
One last attempt before going to the bay ... £230

bronzeage
01-05-2019, 16:22
OK, I'm giving it one last shot, so desperate am I to avoid eBay - £200.

Stig
01-05-2019, 16:32
Hi bronzeage

i'll take the Bifrost.

PM sent

bronzeage
01-05-2019, 17:15
Sold STP to the honourable Stig.

Stig
03-05-2019, 11:28
Hi Bronzeage

The Bifrost arrived safely this morning and as you say it’s in tip top A1 condition.

I have it paying with Allo Digone and stacked with Saga pre (Lyst not tube)great sound out of the box.:)
Thanks again for the Lovely DAC and super fast delivery.

I wish you every success with your streamer project. (anything in mind?)

ATB

stig

bronzeage
03-05-2019, 11:41
Hi Bronzeage

The Bifrost arrived safely this morning and as you say it’s in tip top A1 condition.

I have it paying with Allo Digone and stacked with Saga pre (Lyst not tube)great sound out of the box.:)
Thanks again for the Lovely DAC and super fast delivery.

I wish you every success with your streamer project. (anything in mind?)

ATB

stig

Hi Stig

Great to hear, pleasure doing business with you.
It is going to be tough to get something that matches that Dac, the candidates are the likes of an Aries ALTAIR, Onkyo have a new device just released, and if the quality matches their amps, that could the one. Also something like Naim Atom, but not sure I want to take my amp out of the loop.
So a few auditions to be had.

Stig
03-05-2019, 11:54
The Aries is well liked but maybe add a DAC with streaming abilities such as the IFI IDSD pro to your list.I believe it's using a Ladder/delta hibrid which may get you where you want to be.

WIFI and Ether capable.

I've had a listen and it sounds pretty good.

One for the list maybe.

Hope it goes well.

ATB

stig