PDA

View Full Version : Hello.....

Listener666
16-05-2010, 21:10
...thought i would say hello.........been lurking for a while....and out of the HiFi bug for a year or so......(the bank balance is sooo pleased:eyebrows:)

The forum looks good and quite unbiased.....lol

Beechwoods
16-05-2010, 21:23
Hello there Listener! Welcome to The Art Of Sound. If you've been lurking for a while you'll know the drill - care say a little more about what you listen to and what you listen to it on?

It'd be nice to have a name as well... neither 'Listener' nor 'The Beast' really fall easily from the tongue!

Are you in the market for some new kit, or are you satisfied with what you have? Analogue or digital... spill the beans!

Listener666
16-05-2010, 22:29
haha ...........no new kit for me.....well....maybe a SB or small pc into my DAC ....not sure yet.

I like my slatedeck garrard 301 for vinyl but sometimes swap it around for a modded Lenco or two that i have restored. (not much in it actually.....apart from a fair bit of money;))

I sold my £1300 cd player a while back as I thought the ps3 into the 7520 sounded as good....slightly different ....but no worse. I tend to play most of my music from my ps3 external hard drive now...but it can't handle FLAC ...mmm.

Kef Ref speakers 201/2,Yamaha MX 1 pwr amp, Copland 305 pre

I am toying with the idea of a SB ...but dont know what it will offer that a small pc won't....??

AS for music....well....I'm an old punk rocker who's turned into a jazzer:eyebrows:........I listen to quite a diverse range really.....but I listen a lot...i dont get on with TV much....:)

oh....and i am called JJ

I have paid my part in the hifi world and followed the bullshit path over the last 30 years....now I listen and decide....I still read the comics though:lol:

Stratmangler
16-05-2010, 23:06
Hi JJ

Welcome to the forum.

You'll like the Squeezebox Touch - I heard one over the weekend, and I'm mega impressed with the Touch.
I've been a Squeezebox SB3 user for a fair while (with external DAC in tow - currently a Caiman, used to be a TC7510 with modifications), and I'm still bowled over with the sound. The Touch however raises the bar again.

As soon as I can afford one I'm getting a touch to replace the SB3.