PDA

View Full Version : Hello !

Ming The Merciless
13-05-2010, 20:40
Just thought I'd drop a quick line or two to introduce myself,

I joined up yesterday after being tipped off on a watch forum about this place, I live in the west country and have been into hifi from my early teens ( now 44 ), I also have a passion for motorbikes and now watches too.

Anyway hi to you all and see you around the forum

aquapiranha
13-05-2010, 20:52
Hi Ming! put your real name in your sig, I am nervous talking to the ruler of the known universe....

Ming The Merciless
13-05-2010, 21:13
Hi Ming! put your real name in your sig, I am nervous talking to the ruler of the known universe....

:) Ok will do ;)

Stratmangler
13-05-2010, 21:18
Greetings oh Evil One.

Jonboy
13-05-2010, 21:25
Just thought I'd drop a quick line or two to introduce myself,

I joined up yesterday after being tipped off on a watch forum about this place, I live in the west country and have been into hifi from my early teens ( now 44 ), I also have a passion for motorbikes and now watches too.

Anyway hi to you all and see you around the forum

Hello and welcome ,Thats funny, i came here the same way, don't do much with watches now, still like looking though

what kit have you got?

Spectral Morn
13-05-2010, 22:49

Don't worry Steve me and the lads have been watching Mongo for awhile now and an advance Dalek attack force can be dispatched very quickly ;) Hawkmen, Lizard men, Frigians, Arborians, Coralians,Tropicans, Fire Landers, Lands of the Lion Men,Sykans etc are no match for Dalek superior fire power :lol::lol::lol::lol: even combined....

Anyway Welcome to the forum Ming. Have fun and enjoy yourself.....

Regards D S D L

Alex_UK
14-05-2010, 05:50
Greetings from Earth, Mr. Merciless, welcome to our humble abode, please try not to kill us all in a fit of piqué, but as others have said, would be nice to know your real name, a bit about your system (some pictures would be great in the Gallery) and what sort of music you like.

What sort of bikes are you into? I still have a ZX6-R Ninja I bought new in 1998, and it is in virtually mint condition, hardly ever getting used the past few years and only having done 8,000 miles - criminal, I know...

Anyway, enjoy the forum, have fun out there.

DSJR
14-05-2010, 06:54
Oh gawd, another horror-logist..... :lol:

Watches and "real" clocks are even more snobby than top-end audio. I can't believe the prices asked, but the miniature engineering in some of the finest (and most expensive) specimens is something to behold and makes you wonder how top end audio manufacturers can dare to charge tens of thousands per item when there's only a few quids worth of bits inside..

Oh, by the way, Wecome!

Ming The Merciless
14-05-2010, 12:15
Don't worry Steve me and the lads have been watching Mongo for awhile now and an advance Dalek attack force can be dispatched very quickly ;) Hawkmen, Lizard men, Frigians, Arborians, Coralians,Tropicans, Fire Landers, Lands of the Lion Men,Sykans etc are no match for Dalek superior fire power :lol::lol::lol::lol: even combined....

Anyway Welcome to the forum Ming. Have fun and enjoy yourself.....

Regards D S D L

Aha a worthy Nemesis but your efforts will be futile :lol:

Ming The Merciless
14-05-2010, 12:26
Greetings from Earth, Mr. Merciless, welcome to our humble abode, please try not to kill us all in a fit of piqué, but as others have said, would be nice to know your real name, a bit about your system (some pictures would be great in the Gallery) and what sort of music you like.

What sort of bikes are you into? I still have a ZX6-R Ninja I bought new in 1998, and it is in virtually mint condition, hardly ever getting used the past few years and only having done 8,000 miles - criminal, I know...

Anyway, enjoy the forum, have fun out there.

Hi Alex

First off thanks for all the welcomes and it's a nice friendly place which is great.

My system is a full Naim set up comprising of;

CdX2 cd player

Nac 202 pre amp with Napsc power suppply added

Nap 200 power amp

Speakers are Naim Allae

I am upgrading it all soon if anyones interested ;)

I love my bikes but prefer the more upright Yamaha XJR 1300's, I recently sold mine but will replace it with a newer one at some stage soon.

I will add some pics of my kit soon

Mark

Barry
14-05-2010, 17:53
Welcome to AoS Ming (OK, Mark to your friends!)

From my knowledge of the planet Mongo, gleaned from the Flash Gordon films shown at the Saturday morning matinees of my youth, I seem to remember the electronics there being all glowing and flashing valves. It would appear the 'state of the art' has moved on since!

What sort of music do you enjoy listening to?

Regards