PDA

View Full Version : The Degritter is here

CliveG
11-04-2019, 19:23
I managed to bag one of the 5 machines available to new purchasers when their webstore opened a couple of weeks ago and it arrived on Wednesday, after some delay while they modified all the initial batch of units to fix a couple of technical issues.
It has not disappointed. It looks good enough to sit in the listening room, is tolerable noise wise, probably similar to the Loricraft on the Washing Cycle. The drying fan is noisier but you can choose between high fan speed / short drying time or lower speed / longer time.
It works brilliantly, and is easy to use and maintain. Does it clean the records? A resounding yes, all my records have had at least three cycles on the Loricraft but the Degritter has made them sound better (less crackles). Small water marks, stubborn finger prints etc have all been removed. Out of 25 records cleaned so far, two needed a second wash to remove all visible marks.
I am very pleased, if it proves to be reliable then they are on to a winner.

Cas
13-04-2019, 08:24
I managed to bag one of the 5 machines available to new purchasers when their webstore opened a couple of weeks ago and it arrived on Wednesday, after some delay while they modified all the initial batch of units to fix a couple of technical issues.
It has not disappointed. It looks good enough to sit in the listening room, is tolerable noise wise, probably similar to the Loricraft on the Washing Cycle. The drying fan is noisier but you can choose between high fan speed / short drying time or lower speed / longer time.
It works brilliantly, and is easy to use and maintain. Does it clean the records? A resounding yes, all my records have had at least three cycles on the Loricraft but the Degritter has made them sound better (less crackles). Small water marks, stubborn finger prints etc have all been removed. Out of 25 records cleaned so far, two needed a second wash to remove all visible marks.
I am very pleased, if it proves to be reliable then they are on to a winner.

£2,500 OUCH!

WESTLOWER
13-04-2019, 09:03
£2,500 OUCH!

Quality products cost money. These sort of products come with amazing customer service and support
And the design and research is a huge investment from said small companies.
Yes they are expensive but it’s relative to the rest of the investment one drops on a ‘high end’ Vinyl front end.
It’s a great RCM arguably the best on the market.

struth
13-04-2019, 09:14
A Loricraft PRC4 is close to 2k so its probably decent value, if thats the route you wish to take. i will stick with my 10 year old moth that still works as well as it did, but i did consider one of these. i like the design

CliveG
13-04-2019, 13:42
Yes, it is a big investment, just like a top of the range Loricraft or Monks. However, if you have a big collection and mainly listen to vinyl, a top quality, easy to use, and wife friendly record cleaner is a blessing.
As much as I love the Loricraft, it is a wonderful machine, I will probably move it on. I do not buy from charity shops or boot sales anymore, so never have any really filthy discs to clean and the Degritter lets me get and maintain that final level of cleanliness which is so important to the enjoying the medium.