PDA

View Full Version : Qacoustics m4

Pieoftheday
05-04-2019, 17:47
Hi, hopefully I've put this in the correct area? I have a qacoustics m4 soundbar, its excellent, I think so anyway. It has a built in sub, a down firing one.my av rack is a Sound Orginisation one that I've had for ages and am reluctant to part with, however it has glass shelves and the bass really travels through the house and probably next door!! Any tips on how to control this? Cheers Jim

struth
05-04-2019, 17:53
Could try wall mounting it I guess

Pieoftheday
05-04-2019, 18:03
Could try wall mounting it I guess

Hi Grant, not an option as the TV is on the rack too, I wondered if there might be something I could put under the sub to somehow calm it? Clutching at straws I think, I may have to attach an external sub and put it on a granite slab,what do you think?

struth
05-04-2019, 18:13
I see it takes a sub so yup that will help especially if it has adjusters for vol etc. Mine does and is connected to my q acoustics bt3s. It can become tamed. Other thought was a big slab of sorbrthane. Put it under the sub section. It might absorb a bit.
I picked up a canton sub on ebay. It is very good so if you see one it's worth getting. They were part of 5-1 canton AV systems but the other bits usually pack up and the subs last for ever so get sold off

Macca
05-04-2019, 18:28
I use bubble wrap and sheets of corrugated cardboard, sandwiched together. It works, not so pretty though.

Pieoftheday
05-04-2019, 19:09
Food for thought, the external sub wont be huge expense if I go that way