PDA

View Full Version : WTD DIN to RCA cable to suit Jelco tonearm

rodgerdodger15
03-04-2019, 19:33
I'm looking for a DIN to RCA cable to suit a Jelco tonearm. I have already got a spare Linn standard cable but I'm looking for something a bit better for my new Jelco SA-750D arm. Have you got anything suitable?

Nickfna
03-04-2019, 21:38
The timestep ultra red worked very well for me.

http://www.soundhifi.com/cable.html

£35 incl p&p

Bigman80
04-04-2019, 06:16
I'm looking for a DIN to RCA cable to suit a Jelco tonearm. I have already got a spare Linn standard cable but I'm looking for something a bit better for my new Jelco SA-750D arm. Have you got anything suitable?Dubster68 has just replaced his Jelco Tonearm cable with a SPOTFIRE tonearm cable. I'm sure he'd share his opinion on the differences, if you ask him.

rodgerdodger15
04-04-2019, 10:32
Thanks for the replies from both of you. I do have a nice looking cable poking out of the back of a deck with an AT1120 arm on it but I don't know if a compatible cable lies within and the deck would be quite difficult to dismantle as the arm has an oil damping reservoir as far as I know. I may have a go at this in a day or two if no decent offer comes along.

mad-moon
04-04-2019, 10:45
What is your budget Roger?...

rodgerdodger15
04-04-2019, 11:13
Good point. Probably up to about £50. You can get cables on ebay from about £35 but if there is something better pre-owned I'd be interested.

Dubster68
04-04-2019, 11:36
Dubster68 has just replaced his Jelco Tonearm cable with a SPOTFIRE tonearm cable. I'm sure he'd share his opinion on the differences, if you ask him.

Hi Roger
I have just bought one of Ollies Spotfire cables and they are a very different sound to the Jelco one it replaced. I aways took the cable thing with a pinch of salt as if a cable is of good construction it should work ok. Anyway the Spotfire has a very clean precise sound and I would say its worth the money at not a great expense compared to some cables out there. The construction is up there with the best and sounds amazing for the price.

Cyrus
04-04-2019, 13:49
You won't get much better than the Yannis Tome cables at any price point.

Bigman80
04-04-2019, 13:58
[emoji4]

Cyrus
04-04-2019, 14:23
That's debatable.

You would say that.

Bigman80
04-04-2019, 14:40
[emoji4]

mad-moon
04-04-2019, 14:44
Of course I would, I know how many the yannis cables have been to me to be repaired or compared.

I've heard a lot of his range. You haven't heard any of mine, yet you've formed your "absolute" opinion.

Just pointing that out.

This is a wanted ad, for a tone arm cable. Not a discussion thread, where you can squabble who makes the best cable. You've plugged your cables...and someone else has suggested another maker...and you are crapping all over it.....

Marco
04-04-2019, 15:03
Yeah guys, Alan has a point. Therefore, let's keep this thread strictly for discussion on offers of cables, which fit the requirements of the OP, rather than comparisons of cables in general. So if you're not directly offering any cables for sale to Roger, please stay off the thread.

Cheers!:cool:

Marco.

Bigman80
04-04-2019, 15:12
This is a wanted ad, for a tone arm cable. Not a discussion thread, where you can squabble who makes the best cable. You've plugged your cables...and someone else has suggested another maker...and you are crapping all over it.....Alan, I hadn't realised it was a "Wanted ad"

My bad, I didn't read the title.

Marco
04-04-2019, 15:14
That's the problem with simply clicking on the 'New Posts' tab, and replying, without first looking to see which section of the forum the posts relate to;)

Marco.

Bigman80
04-04-2019, 15:16
That's the problem with simply clicking on the 'New Posts' tab, and replying, without first looking to see which section of the forum the posts relate to;)

Marco.Yes, guilty!

Especially on Tapatalk where I access the forum most frequently.

Good luck to the OP and apologies for "thread Crapping"

rodgerdodger15
05-04-2019, 14:39
Thanks to all for your responses. I'm sorted now with buying a cable from a forum member. Gotta finish making the tonearm board now. That step drill was the best investment I ever made. I've drilled half a dozen boards for Rega and Linn arms with it already. And the latest for a Jelco. 30mm diameter hole - no problem!