PDA

View Full Version : Wanted Tenuto MkII Mat

Old boy
24-03-2019, 18:16
Looking to buy as per title

DiveDeepDog
24-03-2019, 18:41
Looking to buy as per title

Whats a Mk2 Tenuto? I'm aware Pure sound started making copper mats, the current ones are a (yellow) gun metal. Do you mean these?

I haven't got one, just trying to help clarify what your after.

Bigman80
24-03-2019, 18:56
Whats a Mk2 Tenuto? I'm aware Pure sound started making copper mats, the current ones are a (yellow) gun metal. Do you mean these?

I haven't got one, just trying to help clarify what your after.The origin Puresound Tenuto platter was thinner. Around 3mm. The Tenuto MK2 is 5mm. I have one, not selling it.

GLW the search!

Old boy
24-03-2019, 19:53
The mk 2 weights more ^^^^^

Vrajbasi
26-03-2019, 21:05
I have both the 3mm and 5mm they seems to work differently depending on the turntable, I like the 3mm for its open sound the 5mm has greater bass weight.

NickB
27-07-2019, 08:19
I have a MK2 I might part with

itskeith
27-07-2019, 11:40
Hi Everyone,

Apologies for the 'slight thread highjack'. If anyone has one of the Mk1 (thinner ones) for sale, I'd be interested also. In which case, please pm me.

Nari (Vrajbasi), tried pm'ing you, but you have too many pm's stored and you can't receive new pm's until you've cleared some of the old ones out!

Thanks.
Keith

paulf-2007
27-07-2019, 12:02
I have both the 3mm and 5mm they seems to work differently depending on the turntable, I like the 3mm for its open sound the 5mm has greater bass weight.
That statement is typically audiophile, the mats heavier so the bass " weight " is heavier, laughable

karma67
27-07-2019, 12:57
i agree,the tenuto mat is supposed to damp the platter so with that in mind does the thinner one let more vibration through that is colouring the sound and making it seem airy etc or does the thicker mat damp too much???
ive tried loads of mats and the only one that has stayed is the tenuto mk2. not only does it look the dogs bollocks but to my ears it improves the sound of my tt.

Old boy
27-07-2019, 13:06
Nick Pm your price please

Bigman80
27-07-2019, 15:25
i agree,the tenuto mat is supposed to damp the platter so with that in mind does the thinner one let more vibration through that is colouring the sound and making it seem airy etc or does the thicker mat damp too much???
ive tried loads of mats and the only one that has stayed is the tenuto mk2. not only does it look the dogs bollocks but to my ears it improves the sound of my tt.I believe the MK1 had a different profile which didn't allow the LP to sit as well and the Mk2. I think the extra 2mm was to allow for a better profile but I could be entirely misquoting was I was told.

Guy is a member here, I'm sure he'll be able to clarify why the additional mass was added.

PS, having heard both versions on SP10s, I can only say that the extra mass seemed to just affirm my impression of tightness in the sound. Didn't notice coloration with either.