PDA

View Full Version : Hi from London

mick ritchie
13-03-2019, 12:03
Hi all - Im a sound engineer reviving a pair of tannoy cheviot speakers - I do have a pair of focal twins that i use for most work but the tannoys are a great addition and more of a pleasure for listening. I have a Cyrus2 amp that came with the Cheviots and also an elektrik crimson amp that is in need of repair.

Speakers for me used to be something id spend good time positioning/test and before that stacking for PAs but stripping down is a first.

Forgot to mention the music - much jazz and wilder end of rock music - oh and good songs

thanks

mick

struth
13-03-2019, 12:19
Welcome to AoS Mick. A lot of Tannoy lovers and rebuilders here as you probably know. Hope you get them and the amp fixed up

southall-1998_mk2
13-03-2019, 13:55
Howdy! Welcome to AOS.

Have fun.

S.

Edward
13-03-2019, 16:08
Hi Mick

Please do open up a new thread on your Cheviot and Crimson revival projects. You will get a huge amount of interest. Not seen a Crimson amp around for ages!

Lawrence001
13-03-2019, 17:16
Which end of London are you? Always happy to help although I've not restored a pair of Tannoys before.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

mick ritchie
14-03-2019, 09:11
Thanks for hellos and offers of help - I wil;l post a couple of questions as im half way thru and busy cleaning off gunk. Im in London E2

best

mick

walpurgis
14-03-2019, 10:16
Hello Mick. Welcome to AOS.

Tannoy speakers have a big following here and the Cheviots are a favourite with many.

Feel free to join in any chat that interests you.

Enjoy the forum,
Geoff.