PDA

View Full Version : Mark at Audio Emotion - What a very nice chap he is.

twelvebears
07-05-2010, 04:18
I'm not sure if anyone else on AOS has either dealt with Audio Emotion or met Mark at any of the shows (AE always seem to be in attendance) but I just wanted to say how impressed I have always been with him and share the content of an e-mail I've just sent him.

Dear Mark.

I know I've yet to even pay you for the trade-in deal we discussed on the phone yesterday, but I just wanted to put virtual pen to paper and express my thoughts about both you and Audio Emotion.

I'm not sure if you remember, but I have spoken to you several times previously on the phone and also briefly at the recent Heathrow show (I was the big guy with the walking stick with whom you discussed power supplies and the evils of digital room correction). On every occasion you have been friendly, enthusiastic and not in the least bit 'salesman like'. Your advice and time has been freely and impartially given and has been a real breath of fresh air, especially as you had no real idea if I was actually going to buy anything from you!

The way you automatically offered me a great trade-in price on my M3 and just quoted the difference I needed to pay was a complete shift in the normal way dealers do business. So much so that I was a bit stumped and had to ask you to explain what was going on!

The fact that all this is backed by your usual 30 day trial arrangement just makes the whole process less of a risk and more compelling. Frankly I'd be an idiot NOT to do it and have every confidence in your recommendation and that it will bring new life to my system.

Moreover I'm aware that all this has all been for a very modest sum which while not beer money to me, must be an almost trivial amount to you considering some of the brands and customers you deal with. I'm also very aware that I made clear to you that I was prepared to spend more if there was something really worthwhile. The fact that you didn't pitch at the top end of my budget and offered me a very economical option did not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Anyway, I just wanted to express my gratitude and admiration for the way you do business and assure you that from now on, my starting position on all matters HiFi will be to ask what Audio Emotion can do for me.

Kind regards and many thanks

Steve Gascoyne

John
07-05-2010, 06:31
Its really worth supporting the good guys in the buisness

PRYML
08-05-2010, 06:50
Its really worth supporting the good guys in the buisness

I'll second that John :)

To me, the hobby is not just about the Hi-Fi equipment involved but also the passionate people who "bring" them to us; be they dealers, designers or fellow audiophiles who take the time to share their passion with others ;)

Regards,

Malek

Themis
08-05-2010, 19:49
Steve, you're a real gentleman.

Also, it's refreshing to know that some people do a bit more than just "business". ;)