PDA

View Full Version : Evolution

wee tee cee
06-03-2019, 17:38
Imagine you have a good friend that has been experimenting with cables for 30 years-has garnered all that practical and audio experience and has created proper bang for buck cables and shared it with the community.

What if you ask him to start experimenting with high end ingredients-silver wire/plugs/cables?

You learn each step is incremental, some forward some back....

Brian (Brian 2957)has been working away.

I reckon that we have achieved what we sought out to achieve......top notch IC cables in a couple of flavours and price brackets based on solid experience and pragmatism .

We will hopefully have a couple of the top notch cables available for assessment shortly!!

Proofs in the pudding....what ive heard in my system has confirmed my cautious suspicions.

Here we go......

Marco
06-03-2019, 20:18
Sounds great, dude, but we're still waiting for da 'boss' to arrive!:eyebrows:;)

Yo, Brian, getcha ass over here!:D

Marco.

brian2957
06-03-2019, 21:51
Sorry guys , nightshift tonight , in my bed for a few hours today .

Yes , we've been having a play with some very nice silver cables and plugs . I've decided to open a trade account on AOS with the name 20/20 Audio .

I have now built some final cables and we will be having a good listen to these in the coming days .

Suffice to say that we've been very pleased with the results so far .

More to follow when I've finalised everything .

jandl100
06-03-2019, 22:12
Coo, interesting!

:popcorn:

Good luck with them. :thumbsup:

brian2957
06-03-2019, 22:27
Thanks Jerry :)

mikeyb
06-03-2019, 22:54
Looking forward to hearing these, I’m badly needing to sort out my interconnects as they are a mishmash of brands and costs [emoji23]

brian2957
06-03-2019, 23:12
Thanks Mike . You've heard the prototypes , these ones are even better :)

Bigman80
06-03-2019, 23:18
Good on ya Brian. If you send a loan pair out, I'd love a listen.

Good luck with the venture.

brian2957
07-03-2019, 00:56
Thanks Oli . If I decide to do that you will be on the list .

jandl100
07-03-2019, 05:40
Bung me on a loaner list, please, if you decide to have one. :)

I wouldn't mind selling my fancypants deep cryo-treated Black Rhodiums if yours are as good or better.

Jimbo
07-03-2019, 06:28
All the best with the new cables Brian. Looking forward to hear a pair.:cool:

mikeyb
07-03-2019, 06:47
Thanks Mike . You've heard the prototypes , these ones are even better :)Sounds very promising then, I thought the prototype was excellent and if these are better [emoji41]

brian2957
07-03-2019, 08:02
Bung me on a loaner list, please, if you decide to have one. :)

I wouldn't mind selling my fancypants deep cryo-treated Black Rhodiums if yours are as good or better.

No problem Jerry :)

brian2957
07-03-2019, 08:03
All the best with the new cables Brian. Looking forward to hear a pair.:cool:

Thanks James :)

Silent
07-03-2019, 08:03
This is exciting!

brian2957
07-03-2019, 08:08
Hi Nick , you're the first owner of a set of these interconnects . Your thoughts on them would be appreciated , when you've had a good listen of course :)

struth
07-03-2019, 09:01
First Ive heard of it;) Well done Brian, hope it goes well for You mate:)

Silent
07-03-2019, 09:14
Hi Nick , you're the first owner of a set of these interconnects . Your thoughts on them would be appreciated , when you've had a good listen of course :)As soon as I've got a a bit of free time to compile my early thoughts it'll be straight on here! :)

wee tee cee
07-03-2019, 09:22
From our experience these cables really need about 120 hours on them to optimise.

Heard the first set in my system at the weekend, they had hardly any hours on them but out of the blocks they sounded marvellous.

Myself,Brian and my son played our preferred test tracks to get our head round what they were doing-we were all gobsmacked at the performance.

Looking forward to trying the two configurations in my set up and will post my impressions.

Im very grateful for all the time and effort Brian has put in to create them.

brian2957
07-03-2019, 12:10
As soon as I've got a a bit of free time to compile my early thoughts it'll be straight on here! :)

Thanks Nick , I look forward to your feedback .

Silent
07-03-2019, 17:05
6 hours into the cables (for reference).

From minute one of using these cables I've heard far more detail from my system than ever before. I'll probably keep going back to the detail because it's still quite astounding to me.

At first I did have some trepidations toward them as I felt they were a little bright on a few songs. However, after listening to some AC/DC, Jack Johnson and Radiohead (a few of their songs I know very well) I realised all the cables were guilty of were being very revealing. If I listen to a good recording that fact is incredible, I'm hearing things within the music I wasn't hearing before. Poorly recorded songs that are a little bright are highlighted for being so, songs that are dull are highlighted for being so etc...

I'm not well versed in the jargon of hifi but I'm knowledgeable enough to say these are the best interconnects I've ever heard (in my short years in this game).

Can't thank Tony enough for turning me onto this rabbit hole haha. Can't thank Brian enough for such a stellar job on the cables!

I'll be getting plenty more hours on them soon!!

jandl100
07-03-2019, 17:13
What cables are you assessing them against, Nick?

Silent
07-03-2019, 17:26
What cables are you assessing them against, Nick?I believe they were Klotz MC5000, apologies I can't remember the plugs on they, they were a loan, don't quote me any of that lol

brian2957
07-03-2019, 18:57
6 hours into the cables (for reference).

From minute one of using these cables I've heard far more detail from my system than ever before. I'll probably keep going back to the detail because it's still quite astounding to me.

At first I did have some trepidations toward them as I felt they were a little bright on a few songs. However, after listening to some AC/DC, Jack Johnson and Radiohead (a few of their songs I know very well) I realised all the cables were guilty of were being very revealing. If I listen to a good recording that fact is incredible, I'm hearing things within the music I wasn't hearing before. Poorly recorded songs that are a little bright are highlighted for being so, songs that are dull are highlighted for being so etc...

I'm not well versed in the jargon of hifi but I'm knowledgeable enough to say these are the best interconnects I've ever heard (in my short years in this game).

Can't thank Tony enough for turning me onto this rabbit hole haha. Can't thank Brian enough for such a stellar job on the cables!

I'll be getting plenty more hours on them soon!!

Thanks Nick , I appreciate your feedback :)

struth
07-03-2019, 19:11
Guess I might get a listen next week

wee tee cee
08-03-2019, 07:54
Nick assessed a number of interconnects i loaned him and settled on the mc5000s Brian had built.

He ruled out atlas/belkin and neotech ICs all copper with gold plated plugs.

jandl100
08-03-2019, 08:00
Thanks Nick and Tony - "far more detail" begs the question Far more detail than what?!

Silent
08-03-2019, 08:00
Nick assessed a number of interconnects i loaned him and settled on the mc5000s Brian had built.

He ruled out atlas/belkin and neotech ICs all copper with gold plated plugs.Atlas were too bright. Those Neotech were too dull. Belkin were actually quite nice but no where near as detailed as the mc5000s (think I liked the belkin because belkin av was my current interconnects at the time, so maybe a little bias there)

All my opinion.

wee tee cee
08-03-2019, 14:18
Jerry,
I had a couple of hours with them last weekend.

I have top notch silver cables in my set up just now but what the latest incarnation brought was a significant increase in musical detail.

Tracks i know very well showed up double and triple tracking on vocals i hadnt really picked up on.

I wasnt aware that my current cables were producing a bit of hash to the sound and a slight sibilance.

My sound stage widened with a proper sense of being able to place instruments.

The speed the music was starting and stopping was very noticeable,the dynamics were the best ive heard my system sounding.

Brian has finished both cables and had a listen in his system, im picking them up tomorrow so will be able to access them in my system and see whats what.

Both 1m so hopefully be ok length wise for folks to give them a listen.

mikeyb
08-03-2019, 15:16
Jerry,
I had a couple of hours with them last weekend.

I have top notch silver cables in my set up just now but what the latest incarnation brought was a significant increase in musical detail.

Tracks i know very well showed up double and triple tracking on vocals i hadnt really picked up on.

I wasnt aware that my current cables were producing a bit of hash to the sound and a slight sibilance.

My sound stage widened with a proper sense of being able to place instruments.

The speed the music was starting and stopping was very noticeable,the dynamics were the best ive heard my system sounding.

Brian has finished both cables and had a listen in his system, im picking them up tomorrow so will be able to access them in my system and see whats what.

Both 1m so hopefully be ok length wise for folks to give them a listen.
:waiting:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/96330c764a2c3206636c6fa03c3d4edc.jpg

[emoji23]

wee tee cee
08-03-2019, 15:41
they need 120hrs on them to optimise!!!

would rather not send them out to folks and use them as development engineers!!!

patience is a virtue (allegedly)

brian2957
08-03-2019, 15:43
:waiting:https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190308/96330c764a2c3206636c6fa03c3d4edc.jpg

[emoji23]

We're working on it Mike :)

struth
08-03-2019, 15:45
is that the royal we?;):D

mikeyb
08-03-2019, 15:47
patience is a virtue (allegedly)

I was last in that queue anaw [emoji23]

brian2957
08-03-2019, 15:48
Hah ! Me and another set of ears Grant :)

mikeyb
08-03-2019, 15:48
is that the royal we?;):D[emoji23]

wee tee cee
08-03-2019, 15:53
royal wee....