PDA

View Full Version : Very embarrised Depeche Mode 'fan' makes shock admission!

twelvebears
07-05-2010, 03:46
OK, confession time.

I may have mentioned that I LOVE Depeche Mode? :)

They were a big part of the music of my teenage years and Black Celebration was the first album I really heard on CD and pretty much threw petrol on the smoldering glow of my obsession with HiFi.

Anyway my shameful admission is that although I own their whole catalogue (most on SACD as well ;)), I had really only listened properly to their earlier 'classic' albums (Music For The Masses, Violator etc) and hadn't listened properly to two of their most recent.

I short, after a late night headphone session I can admit that Playing The Angel and Sounds Of The Universe are fantastic and that I'm an idiot. :doh:

Alex_UK
07-05-2010, 06:13
I'll join you in (slightly) 'fessing up - I only bought Sounds of The Universe when doing the back-catalogue - (i.e. I hadn't bothered before, unlike the other more recent releases.) Playing The Angel is an awsome album though, you should be thoroughly ashamed of yourself! :o (It's the only one I got on SACD - limited edition with DVD £7.99 delivered, people - be rude not to (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Playing-Angel-DVD-Depeche-Mode/dp/B000B9VDMO/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1273212694&sr=8-2))

;)

Marco
07-05-2010, 06:47
Nothing wrong with Depeche Mode! I've got all their early albums on vinyl (some 12" singles too)..... Oh, and did I mention also those of Duran Duran, Eurythmics, Madonna - I could go on :eyebrows:

Marco.

DSJR
07-05-2010, 07:11
I'm way behind...

Construction Time Again - side 2 - was a real and serious favourite and as for "Blasphemous Rumours..."

I'm still trawling through old music purchases and tinkering with gear. I'll look at DP's recent albums later.. :)

Rare Bird
07-05-2010, 09:24
Many moons ago when i fist working at the record shop in the town centre 'Some Great Reward' LP had just come out.we were a busy record shop but i can safely say i personally never ever sold a Depeche Mode album to any customer! :scratch:

chris@panteg
07-05-2010, 09:31
Only recently got into DP, but i like em, Blasphemous rumours is a favorite