PDA

View Full Version : Second hand con artists.

Colin Wonfor
06-03-2019, 09:01
I have just been dealing yet again unknowingly with a dealer in second hand Hifi. Who told me his beloved Claymore was duff, I upgraded it and sent it back insured via Hermes, No Hermes have told me it was delivered and sign for, end of subject you may think, no way. This human then tell me his has not got it, and after a few weak starts to threaten me by txt. Oh the police have been informed as this txting is illegal.

This is going to stop, I will now not fix any Claymores and will certainly not deal with quick buck merchants that have told big lies.

spendorman
06-03-2019, 12:27
I have just been dealing yet again unknowingly with a dealer in second hand Hifi. Who told me his beloved Claymore was duff, I upgraded it and sent it back insured via Hermes, No Hermes have told me it was delivered and sign for, end of subject you may think, no way. This human then tell me his has not got it, and after a few weak starts to threaten me by txt. Oh the police have been informed as this txting is illegal.

This is going to stop, I will now not fix any Claymores and will certainly not deal with quick buck merchants that have told big lies.

I presume that you've got Hermes proof of delivery. My dealings with Hermes give me the impression that they have improved over the last few years.

Bigman80
06-03-2019, 16:11
Sad times when Individuals behave like this, Colin.

As long as you have proof that the delivery was made, you should be fine. I'd be on to Hermes and just double checking if it were me.

Hope it works out!

mikeyb
06-03-2019, 16:18
Problem is it's on the sender to sort it all out which is a pain.

Need to see proof of signature which Hermes will have and then try and work out who signed it.

This is why I use Royal Mail Special Delivery as they require a signature from the person on the address and no one else and you can't see the signature online within a hour or so if when it was signed for.

Recorded delivery doesn't do this ( need to wait you to 72 hours ) so I'm pretty sure couriers will be the same, recorded delivery only requires a signature it doesn't even have to be the person living at that address. I know Colin has used Hermes but I'm just mentioning the Recorded delivery signature issue to highlight to others.

Light Dependant Resistor
06-03-2019, 17:02
Yes not easy at all checking proper delivery, but state what has happened to Hermes to see if they have record where it ended up
This may involve them speaking to their own delivery employee. Hopefully it is not a case of the receiver already receiving

On this side of the world I have seen parcels arrive here, 10 house numbers out, the delivery person has gone before I get to the door
and I then walk the parcel to its correct address, I would have to say though,99% of the time couriers do an excellent job.

So suggest follow with Hermes to see if its an honest mistake, before getting too hot under the collar so to speak.
Their contact details are: https://www.hermesworld.com/en/our-services/distribution/parcel-delivery/services/
hopefully they can work out what happened.

spendorman
06-03-2019, 17:15
A few years ago I sent a laptop by Hermes, it arrived OK, but have a feeling that they would not pay compensation for electronic equipment damaged or lost. May be wrong on this, worth checking up on though.

zzag
06-03-2019, 17:41
Hi, I have quite a lot of experience with logistics and delivery companies. Under UK law it is you who chose to send it by Hermes the customer had no choice in the matter. Now there is things you can do.
1 Make sure you use a logistics company that uses GPS all the time.
2 If there is a dispute you will check the GPS location when the item was signed for!
3 If the item was delivered to the address GPS proof then the customer is trying it on, if the GPS states the item was delivered somewhere else then the courier can either get it back or pay out.

struth
06-03-2019, 17:45
i HAVE HAD hERMES PLACE my parcel in the blue paper bin before... if it was to be emptied or i didnt know it was there it could go amissing.. The courier doesnt get paid if they dont deliver so they always deliver, somewhere; I believe they have improved recently tho.

spendorman
06-03-2019, 17:51
i HAVE HAD hERMES PLACE my parcel in the blue paper bin before... if it was to be emptied or i didnt know it was there it could go amissing.. The courier doesnt get paid if they dont deliver so they always deliver, somewhere; I believe they have improved recently tho.

I'm lucky, there is usually only one guy that Hermes use to deliver here, he's an older guy, even older than me! and I know him. Never had anything damaged when he's delivered it. I know that it also depends at the care taken at the other end.

Pieoftheday
06-03-2019, 18:01

It's hard to know if the geezer you sent it to is the knobhead or Hermes,Hermes recently left my £400 soundbar in my neighbour's yard in the rain, no card throught the door just email saying delivered!

Leeken
06-03-2019, 20:32
I’ve had packages thrown over the fence by Hermes and put in wheelie bins,I wouldn’t use them if they were free,and if I know a company use them to deliver I don’t shop there anymore.

Lawrence001
06-03-2019, 21:11
Hi, I have quite a lot of experience with logistics and delivery companies. Under UK law it is you who chose to send it by Hermes the customer had no choice in the matter. Now there is things you can do.
1 Make sure you use a logistics company that uses GPS all the time.
2 If there is a dispute you will check the GPS location when the item was signed for!
3 If the item was delivered to the address GPS proof then the customer is trying it on, if the GPS states the item was delivered somewhere else then the courier can either get it back or pay out.If it's a block of flats and signed for at the entrance you don't know if the courier tried other bells and handed it over to any Tom Dick or Sally. The only option for me is to use a respectable company that doesn't employ drivers on zero hours contracts but has permanent employees like UPS. Someone will probably now tell me UPS has gone that way.

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk