PDA

View Full Version : Amp upgrade

Jingles
02-03-2019, 04:44
Help I think have fallen down the rabbit hole and I can't see the bottom! I'm looking at upgrading the amp in my current setup:

Cambridge Audio One
Cambridge Audio Minx XL Speakers
Onkyo SKW-409 subwoofer

I'm looking at the Rotel A14 Integrated Amp. However one thing I can't figure out is how I'd connect the subwoofer. I have RTFM and still can't figure out how I'd connect the subwoofer.

I'd appreciate some enlightenment from someone who knows more than I do about how I'd go about connecting a sub to the A14.

STD305M
02-03-2019, 07:45
Hi James
I'm pretty sure you have pre out on the Ra14, just connect to that.

Thats assuming you have an rca connection on the back of the sub ???

Steve.

Macca
02-03-2019, 08:28
The Rotel does have RCA pre-out sockets. Don't know about the sub but it would be pretty weird if it did not have RCA line in sockets. Just connect the two and you're cooking on gas.

AJSki2fly
02-03-2019, 10:41
The Rotel does have RCA pre-out sockets. Don't know about the sub but it would be pretty weird if it did not have RCA line in sockets. Just connect the two and you're cooking on gas.

As Martin says you have RCA out and looking at various Onkyo subwoofer manuals they have one input to connect to and then volume adjustment, I cannot find a specific manual for the Onkyo SKW-409 subwoofer. Take a picture of the rear of it and put up here.

Jingles
02-03-2019, 13:05
Thanks Steve, Martin, and Adrian!

As Martin says you have RCA out and looking at various Onkyo subwoofer manuals they have one input to connect to and then volume adjustment, I cannot find a specific manual for the Onkyo SKW-409 subwoofer. Take a picture of the rear of it and put up here.

Here is the back side:

https://imgur.com/jgr14zq

Pretty basic.

So:

Sub > Pre Out (either L or R, I'm assuming it doesn't matter which) with the RCA cable.

Easy.

Macca
02-03-2019, 13:07
That's all there is to it.