PDA

View Full Version : Alien blue ray

Ian7633
24-02-2019, 17:43
Bit of a bargain for any Alien fans, all 6 films including the theatrical and directors versions and digital downloads. Amazon are doing it for £14.29. Here's the link https://www.amazon.co.uk/Alien-Collection-Blu-ray-Sigourney-Weaver/dp/B07142XW6Z/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?crid=3FG90EBXTHAS4&keywords=alien+covenant&qid=1551030083&s=gateway&sprefix=alien+c&sr=8-3https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190224/25e82166a537616058cccdf14b89b9cc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

AJSki2fly
24-02-2019, 18:02
Oh that is a bargain, I have about half of them, I might be tempted with this.

Gazjam
09-03-2019, 11:24
Bargain!

Theres a 4K remaster of the original Alien coming soon, as a fan of the (best imo) of the series look forward to it.

Minstrel SE
09-04-2019, 11:27
Yeah but no but yeah but....Really its only the first film that carries weight in my opinion. The others are more than a bit meh. I was reading a review the other day and was reminded of that kid.... mewt newt or whatever....soppy rubbish in films that failed to live up to the original. I just felt Ripley was sent out into space again to chase the cash cow

The immediate follow ups were just hu rah marines vs the aliens. Any sequel needed to up the game and they didnt as the reviews show....Prometheus wasnt really the answer either...he should have left it at the first one.

Havent seen alien covenant but going by the reviews Im in no rush

"Yet again a crew sniffs after a mysterious ping and sticks their nose in a deadly larva pod. Are our astronauts learning? God no. And if the audience expected a different plot, we're not learning, either" :)

Ian7633
09-04-2019, 13:26
After the original Alien I agree that there was a lot of milking the franchise going on. A few interesting plot ideas that were never developed properly but I don't think the whole series would stand up to close examination. It is a work of fiction, beautifully realised in the first film. Personally I liked Prometheus and Alien Covenant, the latter trying to capture some of the original's artistic quality but in the end all sequels/prequels are going to be compared to the original.
I still think that less than fifteen quid for all six films on Blu Ray is a bargain :D

Audio Al
09-04-2019, 17:02
I agree for £15 is a no brainer , I purchased the set thank to your heads up Ian Thanks

1st film left nearly everything to your imagination :eek: scary :eek::eek: the more the films moved on the more Alien you viewed
sort of took the unknown off the film , but enjoyable none the less :)