PDA

View Full Version : FS: Marantz CD 6000 OSE KI Signature CD Player

Sherwood
21-02-2019, 16:36
A recent health episode saw me admitted to hospital for 6 weeks, much of that time in intensive care. As a result of this and the long term impact on my health I need to downsize and plan on moving to a smaller easier to manage property. Unfortunately, this downsizing will impact on my hifi setup, so I will reluctantly be selling off many items in the next few weeks.

The first item up for sale is the easiest to part with as I have only recently rediscovered it. I thought it had got lost when I moved to Vietnam around 10 years ago but instead it mistakenly went into long term storage with my other personal items. It is a Marantz CD 6000 OSE KI Signature CD Player. It is in excellent condition with very little usage. I have the original box but not the polystyrene inserts so will use bubble wrap for shipping. You will see from the photos that it comes with the remote control and documentation (including the KI Signature factory upgrade certificate). Those in the know will appreciate the sound quality of this unit.

Having looked at prices for heavily used samples online I reckon that £190 plus shipping is a fair price.

One feature that may appeal to some potential buyers is that it can be used without a pre-amp as the rca output level can be controlled from the remote control.

Geoff

PS: Keep an eye out for other items coming up for sale once I have worked out which items will work in my new property.

Lawrence001
21-02-2019, 16:56
Sorry to hear about your health issues Geoff. I'm sure there will be some very interesting items coming up soon and you'll miss many of them but the important thing is you do the right thing for yourself. Plus sometimes simplifying/downgrading the system can turn out to be a blessing in disguise once you get used to it. The same thing goes for your home!

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

Burner
23-02-2019, 00:54
I am sorry to hear about your health issues Geoff. Good luck with sales of the gear - at the end of the day there are more important things. Take care of yourself!

Sherwood
25-02-2019, 22:55
Bump

Floyddroid
25-02-2019, 23:26
Bump

I can't understand why this hasn't sold. cracking CD player and an improvement on the CD63 KI signature IMHO.

Audio Al
26-02-2019, 05:20
Very nice high quality built with a copper chassis :eyebrows: with good online reviews

Pepperamip
26-02-2019, 17:32
Sorry to hear you havent been too well lately geoff. You have given me some good advice over the past few months so good luck with all your sales and get well soon

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Sherwood
01-03-2019, 15:15
Thanks all for the positive messages. I must admit that I didn't think this would take long to sell. I will probably post it on eBay if it doesn't sell here on AoS this weekend.

Geoff

Sherwood
05-03-2019, 20:22
Bump

Sherwood
19-03-2019, 18:16
How about £195 including UK delivery?

Stryder5
07-04-2019, 10:13
Very nice high quality built with a copper chassis :eyebrows: with good online reviews

IIRC the chassis was copper plated.

Gary

AJSki2fly
07-04-2019, 10:22
Cracking CD player this, well worth buying.

Hope you are improving Geoff, all the best.

bbbiker800
07-04-2019, 11:31
Yep. I got one. Never been tempted to buy a modern transport to replace it. Run it straight into a MDAC and it sounds very good. GLWTS!

Sherwood
07-04-2019, 13:59
IIRC the chassis was copper plated.

Gary

Yes, Marantz undertook a large number of modifications to the standard unit, including better transformers and capacitors, acoustic damping and chassis reinforcement.

Sherwood
11-04-2019, 13:19
Bump ...

Gazjam
12-07-2019, 08:09
Wanted a CD player back in my life so bought one of these recently and love it, cracking player.
Does voices and groove very very well.

Sherwood
13-07-2019, 11:19
Wanted a CD player back in my life so bought one of these recently and love it, cracking player.
Does voices and groove very very well.

Yes, I'm surprised that this hasn't sold yet. It is genuinely very low use and in as new condition. Somewhat redundant now in my all streaming system though!

Pigmy Pony
13-07-2019, 14:50
Coming at the wrong time for me, but I'll be looking for something like this later this year. And if yours is still around (unlikely) I guarantee I'll be knocking on your door :)

A heads up for all those ditherers - procrastination really is the thief of good stuff, and I'm busy saving up :D

Sherwood
16-07-2019, 09:22
Coming at the wrong time for me, but I'll be looking for something like this later this year. And if yours is still around (unlikely) I guarantee I'll be knocking on your door :)

A heads up for all those ditherers - procrastination really is the thief of good stuff, and I'm busy saving up :D

Seems that everybody is broke these days. we all all "JAM" now!

Sherwood
23-10-2019, 20:20
Autumnal Bump :concertina:

Sherwood
01-12-2019, 16:26
:santa: Advent bump! :santa:

Nice - to self - Christmas gift?

Sherwood
23-12-2019, 04:32
christmas bump......

With the sad demise of the great KI these are likely to assume a "classic" status!

Mike Harbon
12-01-2020, 12:40
Hi Geoff,

I may be interested in this. I have tried to use my Meridian 506 this morning and it is not working, I am currently awaiting advice from a forum member who also has one of these and had a similar problem to see if it can be resolved, if not then I will be looking for a replacement.

Sherwood
12-01-2020, 14:35
Hi Geoff,

I may be interested in this. I have tried to use my Meridian 506 this morning and it is not working, I am currently awaiting advice from a forum member who also has one of these and had a similar problem to see if it can be resolved, if not then I will be looking for a replacement.

OK. Let me know when you have decided.

Mike Harbon
13-01-2020, 17:41
Hi Geoff, I have been put in touch with a chap who repairs Meridian kit so I am shipping it to him for evaluation and then go from there.

Sherwood
14-01-2020, 08:45
Any other interest out there? Don't make me go to the Bay of Evil! :mad: