PDA

View Full Version : the little audio company at the Bristol HiFi Show 2019

the little audio company
10-02-2019, 12:41
As last year, the little audio company will be assisting Auden Distribution at this year's Bristol HiFi show.

The format has yet to be finalised, but I'll update when details become available.

hifinutt
10-02-2019, 14:30
glad to hear this , look forward to hearing the system

the little audio company
10-02-2019, 14:38
We’re trying to think of something a little different, but there’s not much choice when you’re just using an amp and a pair of speakers! We may be using Spotify via a Hegel H190.

Marco
22-02-2019, 17:52
Hi David,

You have a PM. Please read it and respond ASAP. Cheers!:cool:

Marco.

the little audio company
26-02-2019, 15:56
We ended up using the H190 (we have used the H90 and Rost at previous shows) being fed with CD quality music from a laptop connected via USB, with Roon as the controlling software. The main speakers that were used were the Argon 3LS floorstanders, with the occasional swap over to the 7LS model, and using AudioMica cables. A couple of times we switched to music downloaded from TIDAL to an iPad, and sent via AirPlay directly to the H190, which sounded just as good! All to demonstrate the flexibility and quality of the Hegel amplifiers.

We had a huge amount of positive feedback, mostly commenting on how natural and even sounding the system was, regardless of the music playing, and we saw many coming back for a second listening session.

Next year, something a little different...

Marco
26-02-2019, 18:27
Glad you had a productive time at Bristol, David! Did Justin pop into your room with his camera? See his show report in Blank Canvas:)

Marco.

hifinutt
26-02-2019, 19:29
next year bring some heco direkt, people are always talking about them !! see if you can get them to sound excellent

the little audio company
01-04-2019, 11:47
Well if you see any people talking about them, send them my way! I have them reduced at the moment...