PDA

View Full Version : Job (Goldmund) 225 Power Amplifier

Spenagio
31-01-2019, 22:06
A well renowned Swiss-built power amplifier that has served me well for the last 12 months or so powering my pretty demanding Spendor S8e speakers. I am the second owner, bought from a fellow forum member who sourced direct from the manufacturer. Lots of positive forum chat both here and in the U.S., strong reviews etc.

https://6moons.com/audioreviews/job/1.html

http://www.jobsys.com/products.htm

Boxed and in unmarked condition. Can be shipped but would prefer collection from Warwickshire/meet up.

Priced realistically at £800 inc. delivery (approx. half original selling price)252102521125212

flapland
01-02-2019, 11:50
Looks very nice. You may want to edit your 6moons link as the * at the end takes you to the home page.

Spenagio
01-02-2019, 12:50
thanks Paul, will edit.

As I have got the opportunity to buy a new amp I would be happy to let this go for a reasonable offer. It's on eBay atm, one low-ball offer and one half decent one....

disarmamant
01-02-2019, 13:27
thanks Paul, will edit.

As I have got the opportunity to buy a new amp I would be happy to let this go for a reasonable offer. It's on eBay atm, one low-ball offer and one half decent one....

Hi Spencer, what are you moving in to it’s place?

Bargain price BTW!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lordmortlock
01-02-2019, 13:50
I’ve always been interested in these but not sure how well they play with valve preamps. Anyone had any experience?

joolz
01-02-2019, 15:03
Hi Spencer,

FYI - i can't see it on ebay..might be worth checking the listing

Spenagio
01-02-2019, 15:25
It has just sold to a buyer from Italy, so depending on if that sale completes may no longer be available.

Martin, good to hear from you, I have a couple of options at home to try, so not determined yet.

Oh, and on the questions of valve pre compatibility, I use a hand-built pre, lovely Type 36 built by Martin. The Job has quite high gain, so is best suited to low/zero gain pre-amps, although I get around the issue by using attenuators and have not noticed any degradation in sound.

Hi Spencer,

FYI - i can't see it on ebay..might be worth checking the listing

anubisgrau
02-02-2019, 02:16
I’ve always been interested in these but not sure how well they play with valve preamps. Anyone had any experience?

last time i heard it, JOB played with EAR 924 pre - certainly one of the best combos i heard.

Spenagio
22-02-2019, 23:57
Avoid the Italian postal services at all costs, as it seems that anything nice will get "lost" in the post...

Fortunately this went to a fellow forum member, so mods please close the thread.