PDA

View Full Version : LEBEN CS600 for sale

hornucopia
29-04-2010, 18:57
LEBEN CS600 .
Classic integrated valve amp.
Already a ‘Collectors’ piece’ but with an exquisite sound quality. Hand made limited edition . Read the review in 6 Moons for expansion on this http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/leben2/system.html
I bought it originally to go with my previous Avantgarde Duos, though it has power enough for most ‘normal’ speakers. If you read this site regularly, you’ll know this is one of the most sought-after valve amps around and not often for sale.
It’s been in my ‘Main system’, which only gets used on special days, so has been lightly exercised. I’ve mainly used it with the 6GL6c valves though have just put in the (Mullard) EL34s. Both sets come with the amp plus a spare set of 6CS7 first stage valves.
The physical condition is perfect as it’s kept in my separate hi-fi space and covered when not used.
I have the original box for it too, but it needs to be collected –and heard!! – in Bristol, though I could meet within 50 miles I guess. Too heavy and precious to ship really!
Plenty of folk on here know the sound quality of this amp.
I think these are the amps to keep for life really. (Then you can stop reading reviews!) Match really nicely with Harbeths as the 6 Moons bit sez, and fantastic for ambience and portraying the wonderful picture of music. Seems to have that ability to get inside the music and present a seductive portrait.
The Leben site gives specs here and there are things on the web to be found.
http://www.lebenhifi.com/products/cs600.html
Not sure of the current price (+£5K) but yours for £2600-firm
Send me a pm if interested. U.K sale only and the South at that I guess!
Chris in Bristol

Dave Hewitt
30-04-2010, 17:01
Hi,
I have seen this amp in Chris's listening room and the condition is as he says,its mint,buy with confidence.
Regards Dave.

hornucopia
22-05-2010, 13:25
Had a recent breakage hassle when sending a Yamaha CD recorder to N.Ireland, so am even less inclined to post/courier the Leben anywhere!

Anyone got a transport from a Yamaha CD recorder to sell?

Spectral Morn
22-05-2010, 15:14
Had a recent breakage hassle when sending a Yamaha CD recorder to N.Ireland, so am even less inclined to post/courier the Leben anywhere!

Anyone got a transport from a Yamaha CD recorder to sell?

Is it an HD1300? If so and you can't fix it I will buy the remote off you, as mine suffered a battery leakage and is scrap.

Regards D S D L

The Vinyl Adventure
22-05-2010, 15:28
Did you never sort that with that chap neil... Il sort it for you if you like?

Spectral Morn
22-05-2010, 15:31
Did you never sort that with that chap neil... Il sort it for you if you like?

No I never got round to it. I accidentally wiped the details from my PM box:doh:

Lets see what hornucopia has to say first. My buying the remote off him (assuming its the same) might make his bad day a wee tad better.

Regards D S D L

hornucopia
24-05-2010, 16:59
Sorry guys, but it's all with buyer in N-ireland. He's hoping to be able to fix it (I THINK it was a 1300.....). The CD loads but the laser doesn't start going he said. All info on the trays/transports gratefully received! (Replacements from Yamaha are £270!!No parts of course!)

Anyway.....Leben still here. May use it as headphone amp
(if ERNIE comes up?)

Spectral Morn
24-05-2010, 17:33
Sorry guys, but it's all with buyer in N-ireland. He's hoping to be able to fix it (I THINK it was a 1300.....). The CD loads but the laser doesn't start going he said. All info on the trays/transports gratefully received! (Replacements from Yamaha are £270!!No parts of course!)

Anyway.....Leben still here. May use it as headphone amp
(if ERNIE comes up?)

No problem.

Regards D S D L

hornucopia
28-05-2010, 17:00
Now sold.